Mugsee's DC5R Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfg View Post
    Was going through your pictures and I remembered a DC5R enthusiast @ Jeff Beaumonts a year or more ago. You were doing a wheel alignment?
    That sounds like mugsee . I met you that day too, I was the tall emo looking white guy. Zac was checking over your evo before you sold it correct?

Comment

Yeah that's right!!! I'm the small skinny asian guy LOL... You guys are keeping your cars right?? A few people on the forum seem to have moved on ._.

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
        How many km's you get out of a tank mug? I got around 600km a tank......with stock ecu.......
        On the stock ECU, I'd get about on average 450-470ish to a tank with a lot of daily start-stop driving.

On the tuned ECU I get 500+ easily in daily start-stop driving.

600km to a tank is amazing. Is that highway driving or for daily commuting to work and back?

Originally posted by lfg View Post
        Yeah that's right!!! I'm the small skinny asian guy LOL... You guys are keeping your cars right?? A few people on the forum seem to have moved on ._.
        So, found your DC5R yet? Feel free to come along to any of our meets to have a gander at ours if you like.

A couple of photos that I took the other day:

Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Car looks great! BTW, what offset are your front wheels again? And is the whole stone chip/mud on the side of the car as big of a problem as you posted before now that you've driven on them for a while? Or is that only a big deal if you drive on dirt/unpaved roads?

I hope I can drive my car with aggressive wheels in the future and not half to wash the mud off the side of the car after every 5 km!

But your car looks great!

Comment

what an eggbeater..

Comment

Originally posted by Importtuner View Post
              Car looks great! BTW, what offset are your front wheels again? And is the whole stone chip/mud on the side of the car as big of a problem as you posted before now that you've driven on them for a while? Or is that only a big deal if you drive on dirt/unpaved roads?

I hope I can drive my car with aggressive wheels in the future and not half to wash the mud off the side of the car after every 5 km!

But your car looks great!
              Mugman's front wheels are 9.5 +24. Toughset. I haven't heard him complaining about getting the sides of his car dirty lately, maybe he realised it was a driving style issue not a fault of his wheels .

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
              what an eggbeater..

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                Mugman's front wheels are 9.5 +24. Toughset. I haven't heard him complaining about getting the sides of his car dirty lately, maybe he realised it was a driving style issue not a fault of his wheels .
                Ahh nice. I was worried I'd be cleaning my car ALL the time. I only have to drive on paved roads so hoping it's not an issue.

BTW, can the wheels be turned lock to lock without rubbing? And is there any issues up front with turning aggressively? Amount of camber? Stock caster?

Looks great though!

Comment

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
                  what an eggbeater..
                  I'll eggbeat you...

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

Ahh nice. I was worried I'd be cleaning my car ALL the time. I only have to drive on paved roads so hoping it's not an issue.

BTW, can the wheels be turned lock to lock without rubbing? And is there any issues up front with turning aggressively? Amount of camber? Stock caster?

Looks great though!
                  ChargeR is in deed correct about my setup. This guy never forgets anyones wheel specs.

The reason why my car hasn't been overly dirty lately is because it hasn't been raining in Melbourne lately. It doesn't matter if I drive on paved surfaces or not, the combination of rain + normal dirt flicks up a lot of mud onto the side of the car.

I get about 5/6 of the way to full lock before my tyres start rubbing on the inner chassis therefore I try and avoid full locking which is why people might see me doing 10 point turns. Its quite horrible actually. Camber is set to ~ -4.8degrees at the front and castor is ~ 2.2 on both sides at the front.

What kind of setup are you currently looking into?
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                    ChargeR is in deed correct about my setup. This guy never forgets anyones wheel specs.

The reason why my car hasn't been overly dirty lately is because it hasn't been raining in Melbourne lately. It doesn't matter if I drive on paved surfaces or not, the combination of rain + normal dirt flicks up a lot of mud onto the side of the car.

I get about 5/6 of the way to full lock before my tyres start rubbing on the inner chassis therefore I try and avoid full locking which is why people might see me doing 10 point turns. Its quite horrible actually. Camber is set to ~ -4.8degrees at the front and castor is ~ 2.2 on both sides at the front.

What kind of setup are you currently looking into?
                    Ah ok. Mine is a weekend car so not so much driven in the rain.

I want to run some 17x9 +35 and 17x9 +54 in the back. But I have the JDM ITR suspension/brake setup so it's pushed out 15mm more then other DC5's.

So basically it'll be like 17x9 +20 up front and 17x9 +39 in the back. Looking to run 255/40/17 all around. Some guy around here in the US has 17x9 +20 up front and has no rubbing so I'm hoping I'll be fine with that (lock to lock).

How are you getting -4.8 degrees camber up front and ~2.2 caster? I know there's different ways but curious to see how you're getting it. Also, any rubbing during hard cornering?

I'm planning to run the same amount of camber up front and hopefully try to get as much caster as possible. I guess we'll see though.

Comment

Ah ok. Mine is a weekend car so not so much driven in the rain.

I want to run some 17x9 +35 and 17x9 +54 in the back. But I have the JDM ITR suspension/brake setup so it's pushed out 15mm more then other DC5's.

So basically it'll be like 17x9 +20 up front and 17x9 +39 in the back. Looking to run 255/40/17 all around. Some guy around here in the US has 17x9 +20 up front and has no rubbing so I'm hoping I'll be fine with that (lock to lock).

How are you getting -4.8 degrees camber up front and ~2.2 caster? I know there's different ways but curious to see how you're getting it. Also, any rubbing during hard cornering?

I'm planning to run the same amount of camber up front and hopefully try to get as much caster as possible. I guess we'll see though.
                      Run a staggered offset like MR crew. There really is no need to run 9" rear on a DC5 or any FWD for that matter. MR crew helped me with my specs for a sole TA car and it will run 8" +42 rear and 9" +28 front on JDM suspension and wide fenders with ~-4.2 camber
                      Last edited by m0nty; 25-02-09, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                        Run a staggered offset like MR crew. There really is no need to run 9" rear on a DC5 or any FWD for that matter. MR crew helped me with my specs for a sole TA car and it will run 8" +42 rear and 9" +28 front on JDM suspension and wide fenders with ~-4.2 camber
                        The reason why I like the 9'' in the back is so I can have the concave face front and back.

But yeah, I've NEVER had a problem with rotation on my car. It's setup real well and if anything, has too much rotation at times that I have to correct the alignment settings to get it back to a managable amount. And all those times it's been on matching front and rear tire size.

I'm hoping to increase the overall speed of the car on the track and using suspension settings to dial the car in and out in terms of rotation vs different tire sizes. Last track event I went to, my rear tires were more beat up then my front because the car was practically drifting the whole way around!

Anyways, yeah, I do see the benefit to running a smaller rear tire size but the concave face and the extreme amount of oversteer available in my car with just tweaking my settings is really making me want the same tire size all around.

We'll see though what happens. My main issue is the front and making sure everything fits fine and doesn't rub since those are the wheels doing all the turning, etc.

BTW, my car isn't a dedicated race car or anything, I do drive it on the street and I do enjoy taking on the track at times but it's just something fun for me to enjoy.

Comment

Importtuner....why u need that much camber for a weekend car?
                          ~4.8 camber is already a race car setup

Comment

Great snaps!

Concave rgs = WIN...

Originally posted by DC5R View Post
                            How else is he going to fit 9" wide rims?

haha what does that make people like mugsee and charger who run camber like that for their daily's
                            Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                            sigpic
                            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by DC5R View Post
                              This is kinda stupid but umm...it's basically a race car, LOL! It's just I kept the interior, radio, ac, etc and I drive it on the street. And I do drive it on the track as well as doing autox events throughout the nice season.

I wish I could drive the car more but where I live, the weather just isn't nice as nice as you guys, haha.

It's an 03 and has about ~35000km, gives you guys an idea that it does a lot of sitting unfortunately. Majority of those miles were the first 2-3 years I owned the car because it was my DD. It now averagers maybe 5-7000km a year tops.

But yeah, reasons for not driving the car.

-Weather sucks about half the year, winter is a bitch. (snow/salt sucks, rusty cars FTL)
                              -Don't drive it to work (theft).
                              -Don't drive it to class. (theft).
                              -Don't drive it whenever it'll be left alone for long periods of time (movies, mall, etc, because of theft).
                              -Don't drive it in areas where the roads are riddled with potholes. (Bent Volks/bubbled tires = no good!)
                              -Don't drive it in rush hour traffic (people in America can't drive, true story).
                              -Only driven when the weather is nice out. I just rather drive the daily vs drive my nice car slow in the rain, etc).

Car theft is horrible in my area, it's gotten better in the last few months but Hondas are stolen left and right. I have 6-7 friends who've had their cars stolen (a few had multiple cars stolen).

So yeah, it doesn't see much public road abuse, I do regret not being able to drive it more but what are you going to do? Sometimes I wish I didn't live in an area with such horrible theft (a lot of the USA has horrible theft rates if you own a modded Honda) and where the weather was nice all year around...or at least bareable. We've got hit with a ton of snow this year!

Anyways, sorry, didn't mean to threadjack! Mugsee, your car is freaking hot!

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                                How else is he going to fit 9" wide rims?

haha what does that make people like mugsee and charger who run camber like that for their daily's
                                And yeah, the -4.8 is also to fit the wheels, lol!

OH, forgot to mention, I have a Buddyclub race header and Spec III on the car, I also don't drive it a ton just because it attracts so much damn attention from the lovely police force.

Comment

Working...
                                X