No announcement yet.

Mugsee's DC5R Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car looks great mate.advan rg's are one of my favourite rims.nice little writeup too, thnx for sharing
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
      Really? I think it suits Mugman's car better than others I've seen.

You rock Mugman. Your's and Tom's updates make up for my insignificant progress of late and w00t to the dollar taking another dump today I'm holding off again on next parts order. It's all you guys for a while.
      Thanks for the vote of confidence and for letting us steal your limelight, even if just for the moment. I promise to hand it over to you once your car is completed.

...but only for a little while

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
      car looks great mate.advan rg's are one of my favourite rims.nice little writeup too, thnx for sharing
      Thanks for the compliments! RG's are one of my favoured rims as well, as you can tell from the number of sets that I've been through

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      How did you go at Winton on Sunday guy? I think I saw you there.
      Funny guy, real funny...

As with ChargeR, I went to Winton on the 28th September for a Tampered Motorsport track day with a couple of the CITR guys. Despite having a number of cars participating more than originally anticipated, I was satisfied with the track time given and even happier that everyone made it back home unscathed.

Unfortunately I didn't even come close to breaking any PB's. With a lot of inconsistent and erratic driving, I managed to pull a best of 1.43.4 in the second last session which was still a good 0.9 off my PB.

Things that I have learnt from this track day:
      - practice and consistency is the key. My fastest lap times are always set towards the end of the day and I need to utilise my track time inbetween more wisely in the future.
      - be merciless; I was conscious about my tyres and brake pad wear all day long, but have come to the conclusion that if you aren't merciless you won't achieve your full potential.
      - don't mess around with tyre pressures if you plan on being lazy; I experimented with tyre pressures and lowered my fronts down a bit too much (36psi hot) which contributed to horrible under-steering. I couldn't be bothered pumping them up again which was not a wise choice.
      - my car handles too neutral which needs to be changed. I have a few ideas on how this can be achieved.

Having reviewed my PB lap which I managed to take a video of (thanks Wang), I don't think I can go much faster than the 1.42.5 on my current setup, which is why I've decided to make a couple of changes... stay tuned for more

Flyby video taken from hoey888 of EXE:
      http://www.youtube.com/v/06vpBn-HlAE&hl=en&fs=1
      Last edited by mugsee; 07-10-08, 09:45 AM. Reason: pictures included
      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

What do you feel is the optium tyre pressure on the track is Muggy?

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
          What do you feel is the optium tyre pressure on the track is Muggy?
          Hello Temporary. The optimum tyre pressure on the track is one that prevents tyre rollover and provides the best handling feeling. For the Z1s, I found they preferred to be ~38PSI hot.
          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Some new shoes came in a while before the last track day and I've been keeping a secret from you guys, which the lucky few that came down to Melbourne witnessed in person.

I only mounted them on recently and got ChargeR to help me out with a ghetto alignment. The car currently steers itself left and right at its own will, even when I try and hold the steering wheel straight.

Anyways, here are some photos that I took earlier:

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
              Hello Temporary. The optimum tyre pressure on the track is one that prevents tyre rollover and provides the best handling feeling. For the Z1s, I found they preferred to be ~38PSI hot.
              whoah - how'd the Z1's cope?

are they the "Star Spec" version?
              Last edited by tinkerbell; 08-10-08, 03:17 PM.
              ... retired/

Comment

Looking good brother from a different mother . I like the concave of your front wheels. I wish I had concave, but I guess my offset is too weak .

Comment

mmmm concave goodness
                  "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

Looking good Mr See
                    Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                    "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                    sigpic
                    itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                    send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

concave ftw, nice work man!

I used to have a set of the same rims on my car hahha
                      Convertible Type R

Comment

I know GTR offset RG's when I see them!
                        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

that's so hot
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                            sigpic
                            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

crazyness x2!
                              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Yes; nothing but win. Makes me want to throw out my weak RSes.

Comment

Working...
                                X