No announcement yet.

My DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the quick insight into the mods and well done on the PB! What was your previous best?
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

previous pb was 59.9s

still more in the car... i just couldn't adapt to the new settings in the laps that i had..

will go again in 1.5 months time.. with some new pads...

lukits01 fked up my previous set on the same track day.. ahahaha

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback!

Comment

no worries fellas..

everything seems to be holding up well.... changing LSD oil as we speak..

that should remove the noise that my lsd has now....
          Last edited by wuism; 03-04-08, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wuism View Post
            lukits01 fked up my previous set on the same track day.. ahahaha
            Project Mu Pads FTL

Ferodo DS2500

Comment

Any idea what the characteristics of your LSD are noise/clunk wise? A friend has a Kaaz in his S2K and it always clunks and makes shifty (shifting) noises no matter what oil he uses.

When the oil/friction modifier is fresh, it makes hardly any noise at all, but after a while, the oil breaks down and starts making its clunking noises again.
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

ahahaha.. wait lahhh.. let me try cc-x.. ahahaha..

ferodo is good on cold, and continued to bite for all the laps.

experienced a bit of pulsing which has made me want to get something else.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                  Any idea what the characteristics of your LSD are noise/clunk wise? A friend has a Kaaz in his S2K and it always clunks and makes shifty (shifting) noises no matter what oil he uses.

When the oil/friction modifier is fresh, it makes hardly any noise at all, but after a while, the oil breaks down and starts making its clunking noises again.
                  the ats carbon lsd is meant silent, and noiseless. It is what they claim, and no clunking noises even when cold and full lock.

Just changed the oil, and it's noiseless again on full lock. I mean ats recommended you to change the oil after every track day.. and i guess i can see y.

I saw the oil, it was black, with tiny metal shavings inside....

the reason for the noise i guess was the oil was crap after the track day.

have 2 months till the next event, see how long the oil lasts before the noise is apparent again.

Comment

Originally posted by lukits01 View Post
                    Project Mu Pads FTL

Ferodo DS2500
                    You serious?

I have been through two sets o DS2500 and now I haved changed to PMU Level 500 and it is in a totally different level.

Only reason I used the DS2500 that much was it was relatively rotor friendly.

Comment

this was the project pads that i had.. and lukits01 had.

http://www.carbonetic.net/products/brakeS.html

it's umm.. good on cold.... dusty like hell... and fades very easily.

brakes started to pulse after 1 warm up lap, then half way through the hot lap!!!

no good. but then again.. they said street pad.. and literally is ONLY a st pad

Comment

ok.. some new stuff came... most rice crap....

for all you wondering how much the J's RCA lowers the LCA.. here is a pic when hoisted

and wat a blue dc5 looks like with 18" TA

Comment

How much did the RCA cost ya?

Very nice parts.

Keep the pics coming.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                          Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

just put on spoon engine cover today, with spoon CC spark plug cover, spoon oil cap, and a couple of blue hoses..

will take pics tommorrow and post up.

got my RCA for 250-300? i remember it costed me 300 to install.

sold my toda catback... waiting for my j's 60rs, j's LEDs.

Comment

Jstu wondering if you really needed the RCA?

Just obvserving your car pics again , and your car does not seem lowered much at all.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                              Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

What is J's LEDs?

Comment

Working...
                                X