No announcement yet.

My DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You shoulda did the GB for the AKOM steering arm bracket relocator.

Im gonan install mine soon and see how my arm is while my car is slammed.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

heheh.. yeh... should of.. didn't actually notice it...

how low is ur car? 1 finger?

Comment

rear is tucked underneath, u cant fit a finger in lol.

Front is liek 1 - half a finger gap i think.

But then i do have small fingers lol

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

hahahaha.. ok.. slammed.....
          get some camber bolts if the front rubs

Comment

I got jdm brembo set up coming soon.

so wheels will stick out more.

And the JDM set up has slightly more camber compared to our sussy.

Comment

do you know whether the jdm set up has more caster too?

if so.. do you know by how much?

Comment

I'm running 17x8.5 +37 on the front and my fronts rub when full locking and turning. Mind you I think my suspension inherently gives me a little bit of negative camber but most of the rubbing would be due to the larger sized rim.

Why not run a +30 with a bit more camber? Btw, GTR offset rims start at around +22 :P
                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Good discussion . Mugsee failed to mention that he is using a 235/45 R17 tyre at the front.

It is interesting that you had no rubbing when using what is essentially a 17x9 +44 rim wuism. I get rubbing on the chassis at full lock on stock 16x6.5 +45 wheels and stock size tyres.

Wuism I think that if you try to run a good amount of camber you will get rubbing on the inner chassis with a 17x9 +40 rim but I am keen to see how it fits .

Also I disagree with Chi more rim width and tyre is nearly always better .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    Good discussion . Mugsee failed to mention that he is using a 235/45 R17 tyre at the front.

It is interesting that you had no rubbing when using what is essentially a 17x9 +44 rim wuism. I get rubbing on the chassis at full lock on stock 16x6.5 +45 wheels and stock size tyres.

Wuism I think that if you try to run a good amount of camber you will get rubbing on the inner chassis with a 17x9 +40 rim but I am keen to see how it fits .

Also I disagree with Chi more rim width and tyre is nearly always better .
                    Oops, I forgot about my tyre size.

Charger failed to mention that he's running moogen N1 suspension with -4.5 degrees camber and that he tried to kill me yesterday on the track.

I think with a good amount of camber you'll get rubbing on the inner chassis, which is why choosing a lower offset is important in helping prevent this. Btw, any reason why your running -1.5 degrees camber? According to chargeR, you won't be getting any girls with that kind of setup...
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                      I think with a good amount of camber you'll get rubbing on the inner chassis, which is why choosing a lower offset is important in helping prevent this. Btw, any reason why your running -1.5 degrees camber? According to chargeR, you won't be getting any girls with that kind of setup...
                      AHHAAH.. yeh... prob y i dont have any girls... not enough -ve camber..

it's at -1.5 coz thats the max i can get with camber bolts. didn't get fightex pillow top mounts. a bit pricey.

dayam.. -4.5 deg camber.. ahaha.. no wonder ur offset rubs.... arghh. i dunno exactly wat offset.. really need to try try... everyone in US seems to be using 17x9 +35... but i think that sticks out WAYYY 2 much.
                      Last edited by wuism; 28-04-08, 11:03 PM.

Comment

If your in the market for adjustable pillow top mounts, take a look at the kmac ones or ksport - I believe these mounts allow for castor adjustment as well. There was also another brand that Jeff from Techsports down here in Melbourne recommended but I can't remember what it was called. From memory, their all around ~$450 new. Ideally, what're you aiming in terms of camber settings?

As for test fitting rims, find a friend with a GTR and try on their rims. That should give you a good idea of what a good aggressive offset will be like.

Comment

RBC has arrived!
                          post up pics later.....

considering jdm LCA setup....
                          anyone know the stock alignment compared with AUDM DC5?

Comment

Did you get the pre modified RBC with karcepts adapter and hondata IM gasket?

Get the JDM DC5R hub and LCA set up.

I will let you know what alignment set up i can run once I install mine.

Comment

umm.. not premod, come with karcepts etc. have a spoon tb as well.

going to bored out all to match.. maybe extrude hone + power coat before i install.

yeh.. let us know ur caster and camber...

have a full set up here in perth already.

u need the driveshafts?

Comment

U need jdm drive shafts as they are longer than AUDM ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X