• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peterstats View Post
    nice wheels
    haha thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
      Did you have to get your guards rolled or any camber? I love the look
      surprisingly I didnt have to get my guards rolled and I've been able to run 18x9.5 on both fronts and rears without
      I haven't gotten a wheel alignment yet but its got some natural camber due to being lowered!

Comment

Time for an overdue update
        I spent the entire summer working my ass off and began hoarding parts in the corner of my garage. It went a bit overboard to the point where I had 5 recaro seats at one point!
        I finally found another red sr4 to match my passenger and restore it back to the red interior the car was meant to have (besides door cards).

Towards December I had to say goodbye to my daily at the time my civic eg5 as a b double truck collided with it while it was parked on the side of the road while I was working. The truck hit it and dragged it up onto the curb which destroyed the rear left trailing arm as well as cracking the bumper/taillight. The truck driver tried to blame me for everything but I let insurance sort it out and they said it wasn't my fault but the car would eventually be written off as the damages weren't worth fixing. I bought the car back and parted out the aftermarket parts and sold the car to someone who was planning to build a track car!

But since then I welcomed two more Hondas to the family, an Integra vtir (girlfriends) and my current daily a civic ED6 hatch
        My studies this year required me to transfer over to the bundoora campus which meant I had to drive an hour up and back from home. I was driving the type r at the time and was clocking 500kms per week
        The car's currently on 313*** and still going strong! So I began looking online for a fuel efficient yet fun daily before I knew it I woke up one day for uni and checked facebook. The first thing on my newsfeed was the Ed for sale
        and no one had commented on it yet. Later that night, went to inspect the car and was told 10 other people are awaiting for my reply as I was the first one to enquire. The car was in fantastic condition for its day and age and before I knew it I was driving home with my very own ED.

Anyways.... back to the dc5 since the last update I picked up,
        - k100 ecu
        - Type S console
        - defi rep gauges (oil pressure, oil temp, water temp)
        - complete facelift rear

The k100 ecu was purchased from Matt Lew a while ago but never got around to installing it. I had troubles getting the ecu to work with the car as the previous owner before Matt had the immobiliser enabled within the ecu which wouldn't work with my car which frustrated me at the time as I was really keen to test out the ecu. I went to see the boys at Revzone and the ecu was also giving them problems as it wouldn't allow them to open it with kpro manager. I was left with two options either reset the whole ecu and hope it would read or borrow a friends kpro ecu and copy his map onto mine. I went with the first option and luckily it started reading! Revzone thought it was because the ecu had version 2 in it which is very outdated as they are running version 4 now but they uploaded a basemap which accomodated my mods for now as I don't have the money for a tune yet

I also managed to source facelift rear parts from Hondworld as a friend told me they had one sitting there for a while. When I went to see Chris, they could only find one tail light and the rear bumper which was also missing the number plate garnish but I bought it anyways as I was told the other tail light would be easy to source and the pfl garnish would fit... I probably made the biggest mistake at the time, as it took me foreverrrrrrrrrr to source the missing parts
        I found the other tail light from Hondworld again when they received another facelift dc5 and the garnish I only found last Tuesday at Deer Park wreckers, I also managed to cut all the plugs from that car too which saved me a lot of $$

Besides the rear, the car looks pretty much the same aesthetically. Awaiting sandwich plate now to install the defi gauges and I can finally prepare for my first track day and actually attend one when time permits!

PS. Heres photos I took from the last Clubitr meet! I came late due to work but managed to get a crappy mobile phone quality picture of the three facelift CW dc5's together

Comment

Looking good elton, every time I look at your car it makes me miss mine haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
            Looking good elton, every time I look at your car it makes me miss mine haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Thanks huy, your s2k makes me want one myself hahaha...

Comment

Looks awesome! I have TE37's in the same specs, I just need to lower my car on coils like yours

Comment

Working...
              X