Eltino's CW DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eltino's CW DC5R

Hey guys, been on the forum for a couple of months now and have now finally decided to make a build thread so I can keep track of what I've done to my car and also make a name in the community! I've owned an Is200 and mx5 before but now I own a dc5r and an eg5 vti.
    After three long months of looking on carsales/gumtree everyday for a clean CW Dc5r I finally found "the one". It was the 4th CW one I had looked at as I only wanted CW, initially I steered away from this one due to its relatively high kms (290+kms) LOL but the owner was really nice and offered to drive down to my house to let me inspect his car.
    My first thoughts were damn, this car is still alive!! and was actually the cleanest one. So after taking it for a test drive and negotiating, we booked a day to bring it into Sleeping Performance so Josh could test it out for me and even Josh couldn't believe that this engine was still running. (goes to show how great Honda engineering really is)

Couple of days later the owner was reluctant to sell it due to having to find another car but he finally agreed to sell it...

So here she is the night I picked her up:

My plans for the car is to do a k20a engine swap when the engine dies and get it ready for track (something I've always wanted to do!)

Current mod list:
    Currently sitting on 293***kms
    - All black interior (currently has 1 red and 1 black recaro seat haha)
    - Injen CAI
    - Tein SS coilovers
    - Exedy HD clutch
    - Strut king short shifter
    - Skunk2 megapower catback system

Future mods:
    - JDM k20A engine swap
    - Gruppe M CAI
    - Enkei Rpf1s in 17x9+22 with 225/40 or 235/40s

Enjoy!

Welcome to CITR

Comment

Welcome mate. How does the motor feel compared to the other DC5R's you've driven? I have never seen a DC5R with an odometer that high, pretty awesome.
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
        Welcome to CITR
        Thanks!

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
        Welcome mate. How does the motor feel compared to the other DC5R's you've driven? I have never seen a DC5R with an odometer that high, pretty awesome.
        Tbh, If I didn't know the engine had done that many Kms, I wouldnt even believe it myself haha theres no lag or any signs of breaking down and VTEC kicks in when it should!

Comment

here I was crying mine is gunna hit 140 this week.

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Welcome! 290,000kms, damn. I thought my 180,000+ was high!

Comment

Damn! 293k kms just goes to show how good honda motors are!
              Looks very clean from the photos. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
                here I was crying mine is gunna hit 140 this week.
                Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
                Welcome! 290,000kms, damn. I thought my 180,000+ was high!
                HAHA that used to be me before I had this car!!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                Damn! 293k kms just goes to show how good honda motors are!
                Looks very clean from the photos. Enjoy!
                Cheers mate, honda motors at its finest haha

Comment

UPDATE:
                  Over the past month, I sourced a red recaro passenger side for dirt cheap.. so in with new out with the old!

Before:

After:

I also purchased a used skunk2 axle paired with a brand new invidia q300 bpipe off Jaz!
                  Car sounds 100x better now hehe, I was going to change over the system my self but found out that the whole system doesnt fit and was about 5cm too long due to the skunk2 and invidia being different lengths
                  So I took it to OTR and they told me the bpipe was infact made for ep3 but they made it fit and it hangs a little lower than usual now but oh well!

Comment

The Gruppe M is still technically a short ram intake my friend :P

I would personally run something else as we are constantly seeing these not live up to the hype surrounding them
                    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Haha thats my old exhaust system, was on my dc5. Could have told you the B pipe was ep3 (specifically, its Civic Si from the US)
                      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                      F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                        The Gruppe M is still technically a short ram intake my friend :P

I would personally run something else as we are constantly seeing these not live up to the hype surrounding them
                        Haha and theyre ridiculously overpriced but the injen is pretty awesome already I wouldn't mind just leaving it as it is or opt out for the mugen one in the future!

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                        Haha thats my old exhaust system, was on my dc5. Could have told you the B pipe was ep3 (specifically, its Civic Si from the US)
                        Hahaha Jaz didn't mention it was your old system but either way it was a really really cheap bargain and I'm happy eitherway

Comment

Originally posted by eltonn View Post
                          Haha and theyre ridiculously overpriced but the injen is pretty awesome already I wouldn't mind just leaving it as it is or opt out for the mugen one in the future!

Hahaha Jaz didn't mention it was your old system but either way it was a really really cheap bargain and I'm happy eitherway
                          hahaha I didn't know it was EP3. I got rid of it after I got my car tuned. Thought I got rid of it with the invidia B pipe, not that one.

That system has now changed hands a few times, but never really been on a car since mine haha.

Legit got offers of 500+ after I sold it to you. Bit shattered but atleast it ended up on a sexy car that I may have the pleasure of someday hearing.

How does it sound?
                          Last edited by DaRKNT; 11-06-14, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                            hahaha I didn't know it was EP3. I got rid of it after I got my car tuned. Thought I got rid of it with the invidia B pipe, not that one.

That system has now changed hands a few times, but never really been on a car since mine haha.

Legit got offers of 500+ after I sold it to you. Bit shattered but atleast it ended up on a sexy car that I may have the pleasure of someday hearing.

How does it sound?
                            LOL damnn lucky it was first in first serve then eyyy
                            It sounds pretty awesome, not as loud as I thought it would be! I'll make a drive by video of it soon hopefully and get everyones thoughts and opinions on it

Comment

Haha yeah. Keen to hear it.

Let me know if you want the Invidia B-Pipe, btw. If that's the Civic one, then the Invidia one would be the one in my garage.

Comment

Working...
                              X