No announcement yet.

Todd's new S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car looks immaculate man! Definitely one of the best Ap1s going around!

Can't wait to see what 2015 brings you!

Comment

Originally posted by kcl69 View Post
      Car looks immaculate man! Definitely one of the best Ap1s going around!

Can't wait to see what 2015 brings you!
      Thanks man. Definitely a lot of other good s2ks going around though.

I think this year was the big year for me. Next year will be more about track days and slight tweaks. No big changes that I can foresee.
      Can't wait to see your car come together!!!!

Comment

1 year of ownership passed on thursday. progression shot

in other news rego, ctp and insurance was all paid this week to coincide D:
        Last edited by Toddxxx; 13-11-15, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Has come a long way!!

Comment

Looking good Todd!
            Last edited by Norm; 22-12-14, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FullBoooost View Post
              Has come a long way!!
              Originally posted by Norm View Post
              Looking good Todd!
              thanks guys
              its changed a fair bit this year but its only the beginning of its journey. long long way to go!

Comment

Went to the JDMYARD EOYM on saturday. You all know what my car looks like so ill just share this one photo of the interior. Joe killing it as usual

also picked up my final brake upgrade piece. I have been trying to contact wasp composites for the past couple of weeks regarding their brake duct kit but havent had any replies.
                Decided to purchase the APR kit as its essentially the same thing minus the fancy bushing protectors that wasp include. JDMYARD had their sale on so i picked them up at a nice price. I now have all my brake upgrade parts so over the xmas/new year period ill get around to installing/doing a full fluid swap in preperation for the new year

APR duct kit

Last edited by Toddxxx; 13-11-15, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Getting serious!
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    Getting serious!
                    If you read my first post it says the car will get treated to some nice bolt ons and remain largely untouched.
                    Lelelel that went out the window :P

Comment

It is a matter of time before you move on from bolt ons. I bolt on my flywheel and LSD too

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                        It is a matter of time before you move on from bolt ons. I bolt on my flywheel and LSD too
                        Haha so true.
                        Car plans started with just the usual rims, coils, exhaust etc
                        Then I removed the air con, then the air pump, then the sound deadening and all that in the boot. Track days bring out the worst (or best) in me :P
                        Give me two years and I'll have a full track car haha

Comment

So last Saturday after the JDMYARD meet myself and a few friends went across to incar racing in wetherill park for a dyno day that our friend Phil had organised.

There were a few reasons why I wanted to do the dyno runs.
                          1. I just wanted to know what sort of power the car was putting out.
                          2. I wanted a before figure for when I buy my js racing header which has 15-20hp claims in midrange.
                          3. It's always good to get a baseline and see how the engine is going.

I wish now that I had done a a dyno run when I first got the car to compare back to but oh well.

Anyway here's some photos and the power figures

As shown above the power figure was 132.5kw at the rear wheels.
                          This is done with
                          -stock motor 72xxx kms
                          -js racing intake
                          -invidia 70mm test pipe
                          -byp 70 exhaust

Pretty good figure considering no header or tune and a very reasonable dyno that saw cars make lower figures all day. I've also seen some cars get 135kw atw with a tune so at this stage im fairly happy with it power wise. Once header and tune is done I'll be hoping for the 145kw-150kw range. All future plans though.
                          Last edited by Toddxxx; 13-11-15, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Not bad.

I'm impressed with your low kms too
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Decent power figures. What ECU would you get? I presume Haltech?
                              1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                                Not bad.

I'm impressed with your low kms too
                                Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                                Decent power figures. What ECU would you get? I presume Haltech?
                                Yeah I'm pretty happy with the power. I guessed around the 140 mark before doing my runs and each run (did 3) resulted in 1-1.5kw more. Was a hot day and running 17s with -2.6 camber all would've affected the power blah blah blah :P

Haha felix I bought it with 66xxx kms
                                It's still a baby

Was pretty set on haltech but now that emtron is releasing their s series ecu I'll be going that route and getting Scott to tune.

Comment

Working...
                                X