Todd's new S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
    Liking the direction that the car is going Todd. Although the AP2 tails are such a nice upgrade, I contemplated getting a set myself but nahhhh, haha.

I also disliked the Mugen gear knob, the ball was too big and didn't provide enough grip or feel. Good luck with getting into the 1:10's or lower.

What kind of issues do you foresee with your non staggered wheel setup?
    I really believe silverstone is able to pull off ap1 lights so the decision became a lot easier. The money outlaid for the lights could go towards many other more beneficial parts imo.

I swapped the Mugen knob into the car after owning it for 2 days so I've never really driven it with the stock knob. Much to my suprise I actually like it! Fits in the palm really well and much easier to grip.

Going to the square set up im assuming my turn in grip and grip under braking will be a lot higher than with the skinny staggered 16s. I'm assuming that my exit will have to be more controlled and I'll have to focus on throttle control as the car will be unbalanced and have a huge tendency to oversteer. My sway bar I have sitting at home should fix this but I won't be installing that till after the track day.

Comment

Cant wait to see ur result on the 1st. Im looking for 2 spots on that day also!
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        Cant wait to see ur result on the 1st. Im looking for 2 spots on that day also!
        Just saw your post haha
        I just got a spot as someone pulled out. You might get lucky

Comment

That's true. My experience with the non staggered 255/40 without wing and FSB was fun and quite a good learning experience. From memory it was quite tail happy but very controllable.
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
            That's true. My experience with the non staggered 255/40 without wing and FSB was fun and quite a good learning experience. From memory it was quite tail happy but very controllable.
            That's what I'm expecting haha
            Quite a bit of dori :P

Comment

So u running with no VOltex ey?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

So u running with no VOltex ey?
                I'll run the morning sessions with no wing and then throw the wing back on in the afternoon sessions.
                That way I get impressions of both

Comment

Nice. Good to hear. Hopefully sugi and i can join u thay day
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Nice. Good to hear. Hopefully sugi and i can join u thay day
                    Yeah would be good to get everyone out there again man

Comment

Continuing on from the previous post I took off and sold a few more unnecessary items

1x set project kics r40 neochrome lug nuts
                      1x Takata 4 point harness
                      1x set OEM headlight washer jets

With all the money made from these sales I decided to buy a few new items for the car

The project kics nuts were replaced with basic steel open ended nuts in black courtesy of jdmyard. They do the same job as the project kics but at 1/3 of the price they are a bargain.

Next up was an oem care package containing AP2 valve retainers and cotters.
                      As I track the car a fair bit and the AP1 retainers are known to crack and fail I figured I better get them changed out.

The car has actually been booked in with my friend down at street class racing to get the valve retainers and cotters installed as well as a valve adjustment and comp test just to check that all the vitals are okay and I can continue tracking the car confidently. I'm also getting the guys to install my moroso baffle plate. I like the design of the moroso unit over the usual slosh plate as It contains trap doors and actually traps the oil around the pick up as opposed to just stopping the oil sloshing around.
                      It's been shipped directly to them so no pics of it unfortunately.

I found my old tow strap and decided to throw it on the front of the s2000. Not just a ricer piece (haha) it'll actually come in handy if I ever need to use it at the track (on second thought hopefully I won't have to use it). Also another plus is being able to use it in its current position even once I swap across to the voltex front bar. Now the oem tow hook can stay on the rear bar.

When it's not used or needed it just slips up in behind the numberplate and is out of the way.

I picked up this rockstar garage Frp asm style duckbill spoiler as part of a trade for one of my items. I've wanted a duckbill spoiler for a while but the cost to get them to australia was just too much to justify especially since I just want to mount it on my spare bootlid with my voltex wing (mainly for the look but also for the apparent aero gains haha)

It was in pretty bad shape when I got it so I sanded it back and smoothed it all out. Straightened some of the edges and removed the mounting tabs on the back so it actually sat flat. I then had to re drill new holes for my voltex wing and remounted that. Currently the duckbill is just sitting on my spare bootlid as I'm contemplating whether to hydrodip it carbon or just colour match it silver. Either way I'm really liking the look of it and once it's mounted properly it should fit nicely.

Finally with the left over money I decided to buy one more bigger item.
                      We will leave that for another update but I'm excited for it to finally get here (which should be in a month or so).
                      Can you guess what it is?
                      Last edited by Toddxxx; 13-11-15, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Where can i get the part numbers for the ap2 items u got above.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Hardtop?!
                          Shak's S2000

Comment

Its a diffuser Shak
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Its a diffuser Shak
                              Bigger as in physical size or bigger as in expensive haha.
                              Shak's S2000

Comment

Where can i get the part numbers for the ap2 items u got above.
                                I'll send you a pic of the packages for part numbers. There's heaps of threads on s2ki as well
                                Daniel excell sells them though. $70 for the whole lot.
                                8x valve retainers
                                16x cotters
                                You only need to do intake side

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                                Hardtop?!
                                Nope haha not yet anyway

Its a diffuser Shak
                                Shhh!

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                                Bigger as in physical size or bigger as in expensive haha.
                                We'll both to be exact. Alex is right though.
                                I'm just using the funds made from selling my stuff to purchase it so I've actually spent $0 extra dollars in my last two updates haha

Comment

Working...
                                X