No announcement yet.

Todd's new S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing tired of my front and rear bumpers sitting around I decided to throw them on the car. I had originally been waiting to collect all my body parts before doing so so I could make everything one colour first but impatience got the better of me haha

The voltex front bumper was the first to go on. It's the street frp version variant. Happy to have this bumper and then make my own splitter in the future as the dedicated circuit bar with splitter was an extra $2200 haha. Pretty sure I can make my own splitter for less than that ��
    When installing I removed all the plastic shrouds that we're all hacked up around the front bar as I will now be re-routing the bake ducts to the dedicated vents in the voltex bar.
    I'm thinking I'll remake some radiator/oil cooler ducting shrouds out of sheet metal to keep the cooling system working properly.

Now moving onto the rear bumper.

I've had a JDM AP1 bumper sitting around for a while now. I've been tossing up whether to use this bumper or re sell it and just get another AUDM bumper to put on. The reason for this was I always planned on cutting the bumper in half and doing this to a highly sought after JDM bumper was a bit off putting. In the end I yolo'd it and just cut up the JDM one.
    I had to fix the number plate lights as the JDM bumper only uses 1 light whereas the the AUDM uses 2. Also had to re do the tab relocation to clear my rear tyres.

On Thursday night I decided to go to EOMM with Joe (JHUI) and he ended up taking some awesome photos of the car with its new look.

Apart from that I've booked my spot at the exe track day at Wakefield in November and the circuit club track day at winton the week after.
    Before then I need to flip my tyres around as the inside edges are worn and get an alignment and I'm ready to go.

Comment

Some more pics from EOMM.

Comment

rear bar looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
          rear bar looks awesome
          Thanks Kenny

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
              Todd you are a brave man to drive on the street in that guise haha. Ever been hassled by the police?
              Haha it really doesn't get driven that much. Maybe 5 times a month. So far no issues from the police. I drove it around on Friday and for about 5mins was beside a HWP car and nothing haha maybe it's because I'm white? :P

Originally posted by Beatz View Post
              Looks awesome!
              Thanks man

Comment

Looks gr8 m8!

Sometimes I wish I was white... Then again I never get pulled over anyway, probably cause they think the car is driving itself haha.
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                  Looks gr8 m8!

Sometimes I wish I was white... Then again I never get pulled over anyway, probably cause they think the car is driving itself haha.
                  thanks man.
                  hahaha #camouflage :P

Comment

quick unexpected update

After owning a pair of APR GT3 mirrors on my EG civic i knew i had to get a pair for the S2000 eventually. Fortunately for me a local owner decided to sell his set and i snapped them up straight away. Got to installing them this long weekend. Loving the new look of the mirrors. Eventually once the car is painted i will also colour match the mirror housings but we will leave that for another time.
                    Sucks a little that i've lost the power mirror adjustment but in my opinion the APR mirrors look a lot better, they will obviously be better for aero and of course they weigh less.

Now the important stuff. The weight savings obtained from the mirror swap.

Stock mirrors with associated hardware = 2.56kg
                    APR mirrors with associated hardware = 770g

weight saving of 1.8kg

That brings total weight savings up to
                    105.3kg (street trim)
                    120.6kg (race trim)

until next time

Comment

What's visibility like now?
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                        What's visibility like now?
                        Haven't driven with them yet but from just sitting under the carport and viewing each of them back to back its not that bad really.
                        Lost a bit of up/down visibility as they're so skinny but as the glass is convex so I get a wide angle of view from the car outwards. Blue glass also helps with glare. I had a set on the EG and didn't find them bad at all

Comment

Looking good Todd, have you accounted for the weight gained from the Voltex front bar, its quite heavy compared to our oem!
                          IG: tonytr

Comment

Originally posted by iamtonee View Post
                            Looking good Todd, have you accounted for the weight gained from the Voltex front bar, its quite heavy compared to our oem!
                            Haha only focusing on the reductions at the moment. Once I'm done I'll get it corner balanced etc and get a final weight.
                            I'd have to add in the radiator difference, wing, added bracing, roll bar etc etc

My goal is to be at the cars stock weight once I'm done modding so basically nothing will have been gained in the end

Comment

Sexual

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                                Sexual
                                Boom chicka wow wowwww

Comment

Working...
                                X