• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluscreama View Post
    Inb4magbluece28s!!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
    Love the Voltex front bar!
    one of my favourite front bars. doing the two tone paint on it like so

Comment

10s would be a good achievement on stockies!

That's a shame! Yeah my back rotors are basically gone also!

Comment

Originally posted by kcl69 View Post
        10s would be a good achievement on stockies!

That's a shame! Yeah my back rotors are basically gone also!
        My backs are still fine but the fronts are completely gone. It's kindnof sketchy to even drive on the street now :S
        Luckily Ive collected the majority of my brake upgrade parts

Had to bail on a trackday in January as I can't afford it 3 days before I go overseas so hopefully head out there in feb and get the 10 so I can swap over to my new rims and go even faster

Comment

That's good! Damn that kinda sucks but at least you can get straight back into it and then put on those rims and front bar on 😍! Did you go 17s or 18s btw?

Comment

Originally posted by kcl69 View Post
            That's good! Damn that kinda sucks but at least you can get straight back into it and then put on those rims and front bar on 😍! Did you go 17s or 18s btw?
            I'm collecting my rims/tyres today and getting the guard work to fit them done on Sunday afternoon. I went 17x9 square set up but that's all I'm giving away at this stage
            I'll run on those rims until my track day when I'll swap back to the stockies so I can hit the time I want

Still undecided as to whether I'll paint the bar seperately or put it away until I get my hardtop then do all my bodywork/closed door Respray at once

Comment

Veryyy noice!

Yeah I'm scratching my head wether to get a respray with my hardtop, little imperfections everywhere are driving me nuts!

Comment

okay so i went to jdmst eoym tonight so its only a matter of time before my new rim setup gets posted so ill update now.

for a while ive been tossing up rim choice regarding sizing, stagger vs square set up, colour, style etc and finally a set came up for sale that i knew would work well with the car, were light and strong (good for my tracking duties), were a square setup, already came with 245/40 rs3 so pretty much they were perfect. put a deposit down and picked them up last week once the owner had his stockies put back on.

*drumroll* haha

17x9 +40 all round
                Mag blue ce28n

near new 245/40R17 hankook rs3

i got straight to work doing the bumper tab relocation needed to fit the wheels in the rear. pretty straight forward
                these are the tools youll need lol :P

trimmed part of the plastic bumper, moved the bolt as far back as possible and redrilled a new hole, bashed the inner skin out flat to the bumper and cut the rear quarter strip all the way back to the new hole. i may cut more out at a later day before my next track day but for now its fine.
                picture of the bumper tab relocation done

i was then faced with this...

time for guard work haha
                the car went off to my friend frans kasuma who also does guard rolling (would highly recommend) to get my guards rolled, pulled and flared
                fronts were rolled then flared 15mm out from stock
                the rears were rolled then pulled 10mm out from stock.
                the results were great allowing the rims to tuck into the guards even with no lowering done at this stage and both fronts and rears have almost zero ripple through them. impressive when getting the fronts that much wider.

took it home and played around with height which involved lots of measuring, remeasuring, lowering, fitting wheels and dropping to ground, wheels off, lowered more, wheels back on etc etc haha
                spent like 4 hours doing all the corners to get the same height and whatnot.

got a bit crazy at one stage and decided to go hellaflush stancenation lel

meanwhile i sprayed my spare bootlid $3 spray can silver haha
                looks a bit better

took it to get an alignment today at dst garage in castle hill. again highly recommend these guys. did a great alignment at a great price. took superb care getting the low car on/off the hoist and even got a mini photoshoot afterwards hahaha
                ill post up those photos then post more of the whole set up later on with pics from tonights meet

Last edited by Toddxxx; 12-11-15, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Tough.
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Very nice
                    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                    NSEX

Comment

Looking good Todd. How are the alignment specs?
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                        Tough.
                        Originally posted by wongy View Post
                        Very nice
                        Thanks guys I'm loving how it looks now. Just got sent some pics from last night so I'll upload some pics tonight

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                        Looking good Todd. How are the alignment specs?
                        Thanks man
                        -2.2 front
                        -2.6 rear
                        Can't remember exact toe but pretty much zero all round.
                        That's how I asked it to be set up so I'm happy

Comment

a few of my favourite pics from last night. Ill run this set up for a while. no new updates atm. just more track days
                          joe killed it with the photos as usual as did justin and steven. thanks guys

Last edited by Toddxxx; 13-11-15, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Thought I'd do a write up on a few mods to help other s2000 owners with future choices/purchases.

Coils: amuse s tyre spec

Being bilstein shocks and swift springs you'd pretty much guess the quality of the coils. This shows in their massive diversity. Despite their 12/12 spring rate they are quite comfortable on the street. My coils in my civic which were 10/8 were a lot harsher than these despite the stiffer spring rate. Obviously comes down to better shocks. Bumps are obviously more pronounced than the stock springs but nothing body jarring.
                            Despite their lack of zero dampening (I was wary about this at first) when I took them to wakefield they performed amazingly! Smooth drive down the Hume and straight into the track where my cornering ability was noticeably more aggressive with less body body roll and being able to dive in sharper. It's nice at this stage of tracking to not have to worry about damper adjustments and all that and rather just go out there and drive. With the old owners times at winton I know there's plenty more in these coils.
                            For the price I picked these up for second hand I would recommend them to anybody. Added bonus is they're able to be tebuilt by heasmans in sydney if anything ever breaks. Not a lot of coils can boast that

Exhaust: BYP 70mm titanium single w/ invidia 70mm test pipe

So I'm basically running a straight through exhaust from header back. Anything 70mm and single exit on the s2000 is going to make noise and a lot of it! Definitely not for the faint hearted. Cold starts are brutal and loud as f**k! After about a minute with the car warmed up the decibels drop and the car becomes a low deep rumble (that titanium tone (L).
                            Suprisingly this exhaust is not loud where you'd expect it.
                            Driving around town at low rpms is when it's loudest. Taking off at lights is a killer to those around you :P
                            Once you get up to speed though the exhaust quietens down. Driving on the freeway at 100-110 there is a quiet spot in the s2000 and despite the stock 3000rpm at 100 the exhaust is quite soft at this point. Again a low rumble.
                            WOT the thing blares the nicest loudest tone I've heard. Coming down the straight at wakefield I've been told people cover their ears before I go past and its a very similar tone to the js racing titanium 70rr.
                            Very little drone imo for this style of exhaust.

In other news I've been collecting parts for my brake upgrade/major service in the new year in preparation for more track days early next year
                            1.10s is the goal when I head back with new brakes and the stockies/rs3 put on. Hopefully I get this first try and can sell them, through the 17s back on and head down again to push closer to 1.10 flat. Not sure how much the car will change aesthetically next year as I'm quite happy with it at the moment and just want to focus on my driving progression and a few other things outside of cars.

I'll also be at the JDMYARD EOYM this coming Saturday so come say hey

Comment

Nice Todd.

Hey for this Saturday, can I grab those brake pads.

And also get a ride in your S2000?

Im considering the Amuse dampers as well as a 70mm single exit exhaust too!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                                Nice Todd.

Hey for this Saturday, can I grab those brake pads.

And also get a ride in your S2000?

Im considering the Amuse dampers as well as a 70mm single exit exhaust too!
                                Brake pads already in the car

And yeah of course I can give you a drive around man come see me throughout the day and I'll take you for one in afternoon

Comment

Working...
                                X