Jacob's Milano Red DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacob's Milano Red DC5R

Hey everybody! Been lurking on CITR for a little while now, thought I'd make a small thread about my car that I've now owned since last August! My car is mostly stock, mainly due to driving it as a daily and saving money for other commitments but I still have made a few changes to the car from when I first bought it!

This is what the car looked like the day I bought it and drove it to my grandparents house to show them. Back then it had a loud 3" muffler stuck on the back which was quickly changed back to a smaller, more quiet one (I was a P Plater then, didn't want trouble with police), some bent, dented and scratched Advanti racing wheels (yuck) and a Chinese alarm system from the previous owner which wouldn't actually work (has since been replaced with an autowatch alarm).

After a little while I changed those Advanti wheels to Rota Torques 17x7.5 in Bronze. I bought the Rotas because I drive the car every day and I was too afraid of scratching or damaging a set of CR Kai's if I got those. After a year of driving the car on the road I haven't even scratched the Rotas so I'm thinking of getting something better to replace them soon

Fitted!

I noticed after driving the car for a while that the ride was unusually hard. When I looked at the springs one day in my car I saw that they were Eibach springs on the standard DC5 shocks. I sourced a set of springs and shocks from a JDM DC5 for really cheap and had those put in for a little extra comfort. It was a very harsh ride with those old springs and they had to go!

New plates ordered Old ones were bent and scratched. Didn't like the look of the plastic frame holding up the plates so I went to Bunnings and made a DIY fitting for the front bumper.

CITR Sticker applied. Thanks Felix!

How the car looks today

Next up on my list is going to be
    • Respray in Milano Red (starting to fade on roof)
    • Fujitsubo exhaust
    • Aftermarket air intake
    • New Headlights
    • Wind Deflectors
    • New wheels

There'll be more on this page in future
    Last edited by Beatz; 26-07-13, 07:07 PM.

Today I changed the stock radio on my car to an Alpine CDA137 EBT unit with help from a mate. I use my phone to stream music a lot in my car and I make phone calls often so the FM transmitter just wasn't cutting it! My staff discount at JB Hi-Fi picked me up the unit for $266 from $409 which is a price I couldn't refuse! I'm very happy with the swap, it definitely makes a big difference to the audio quality in the cabin. We mounted the microphone for the unit neatly on the driver's pillar

Last edited by Beatz; 26-07-13, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Very nice! As a fellow Milano Red owner, I'm very keen to see where you take this!
      First two things I did to the car were wheels and headunit too haha. What else have you got planned for her?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
        Very nice! As a fellow Milano Red owner, I'm very keen to see where you take this!
        First two things I did to the car were wheels and headunit too haha. What else have you got planned for her?
        The thing I'd like done most right now is getting the re-spray done, I want it to look shiny and like new again! The overall goal with the car I think is to have it modified to a point where it can function as a daily but also on the track if I lead it there.

Comment

Hah, I want mine to look shiny and new again too. Your paint is in way better condition than mine is!

Comment

Awesome addition to the mod and get location for the speaker mounting. Hope the car is still running great. Drop down to Karrinyup on Sunday morning for the meet. Ill be there too Jacob.

Also, the throttle response, is that still fine or do you prefer the old setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
              Awesome addition to the mod and get location for the speaker mounting. Hope the car is still running great. Drop down to Karrinyup on Sunday morning for the meet. Ill be there too Jacob.

Also, the throttle response, is that still fine or do you prefer the old setup?
              I'll be there on Sunday it'll be good to meet you again! I actually like the throttle response, when I sit on the freeway I only have to very lightly rest my foot on the accelerator to hold speed which is good.

Comment

Nice car keep up the quality mods
                BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                NSEX

Comment

Nice to see another Jacob on here :P
                  ClubITR: "Cruising 3-wide on the bridge like BOSSES!!" ~ crashprash

My FlickR
                  My TumblR

Comment

nice bro !

Comment

Milano red dc5r, go go go!

Comment

Hey everyone, so I've made my first mechanical modification to the car. About 3 weeks ago I received a Mugen Intake in the post, starting a new job and endless assignments + going overseas has meant no free time but I finally had a chance to install it last night!

So the I purchased this from a guy on the ITR DC5 forums in the UK for a bargain, why did I choose this over a CAI or SRI? The car's a daily and as unlikely the possibility of getting hydrolock from a CAI, I didn't want to risk it at all... And after weeks of research online an SRI would probably suffer heat soak in traffic since I drive daily...

I understand the Mugen system works best with the Mugen bumper but I am currently trying to locate a 5zigen intake to attach to it which will bring in plenty of cold air from the front grill. A couple of guys in the UK have done this so it should definitely be possible!

If I have a review on the intake I'd say there's no real power increase at all, but the car sounds so much healthier in VTEC compared to the stock system which is a definite plus! Installation was a breeze and everything went together perfectly, was not hard at all. ImageUploadedByMotorculture1378104169.511690.jpg

Next up I'm going to be looking at an exhaust

Comment

That's hot! Would love to replace my Injen with a Mugen intake, namely Shaun's one which he's selling on here. But no money!

What exhausts are you looking at?

Comment

That's hot! Would love to replace my Injen with a Mugen intake, namely Shaun's one which he's selling on here. But no money!
                            Can afford respray, cant afford intake. hhhhmmmmmm

Comment

What exhausts are you looking at?
                              Cheers Paulie! I'm dead set on a Fujitsubo RM01A. It's going to be best I think because it's not too loud and it will be more free flowing than a Mugen Twinloop.

Comment

Working...
                              X