Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaun's Arctic Blue DC5R - The build after a build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go across to events section and i posted about a mixed track day start of july were trying to get a few more people too get numbers for the booking
    both of you should come

Comment

So finally after months of waiting, I finally got back out to Wakefield.

I had been itching for another day since the last one, and desperate to go out and better my driving and my times.

The car needed a little prep before hand. The worn seidoya pads came out for Ferodo DS2500 which weren't as bitey but will be a much more livable daily pad, and the front rotors were replaced with new RDA slotted and dimpled units. Picked them up cheap so was worth throwing them on. Other then that and a bleed the car went down the same as it did the previous day.

We lucked out on a clear, cold day at Wakefield and I got down to it. Warm ups and practice all morning, and timed sessions in the afternoon.

I managed a best time of 1.13.02, which is .7 faster than my previous best. Time was set in my first timed session, and after that the brakes began to play silly buggers, and i lost all my confidence diving into corners, and thus wasnt able to better it for the rest of the day.

Car came home in pretty good nick (despite a few 4WDing adventures). Bled the brakes today and the rotors are going in for machining tomorrow (few hot spots from the pads and generating a bit of shudder under heavy braking. I think i got them a bit hot a bit quick a few times and they didnt like it), but hopefully all will be well tomorrow and I can go back to thrashing around the mean streets of western sydney and being a nuisance.

In the mean time I also got my full licence, which is exciting seeing as i survived on a single point for the last 7 months. No plans to sell yet. It needs to do 11s around wakefield before ill be satisfied to get rid of it.

Will update with pics of trackday as they come to light.

Comment

Sadly the car is now for sale. Go check it out on the for sale section.

Or see the carsales ad here:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...SSE-AD-2902528

Comment

Like that abp teg)
          Could somebody help me to find australian rear number plate for sale? In Russia we have big "euronumber",that's why I'd like to buy your OEM rear number plate

Comment

Working...
          X