"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by iamtonee View Post
        ballinn!
        Hehe! I wish
        Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
        camBox derping in the background hehe

[emoji106]
        CamBox has helped to transport so many things to and from the spray painter etc, he deserves to watch
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

So through the week I got the windscreen installed!

Installing genuine Honda windscreen dam (spaces the screen off the body correctly).

Urethane goop being applied...

Done!

Installed cowl trim and lower windscreen trim piece. New OEM clips used.

Installed bonnet today...

That's it for this week.

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Team SunWorks

Tracktoy: Honda Integra Type R '99
            Summer toy: Honda S2000 AP1 '01
            Daily: Audi A6 2.0 TDi Quattro S-line '18

Comment

Hahaha raseri, that's gold

So I finally got the rear bumper assembled and on the car.

All new genuine fasteners used. The rubber washers fell apart when removing the old ones so I could have just got those separately but anyhow.

Cleaned up the alloy bracketry that holds the upper and lower parts together.

Glued the number plate surround to the bumper cover as these commonly 'sag' and I didn't want that! Yes I'm using the spare bedroom to assemble car parts... lol

Installed!

Fitment check. Looks good.

Found some nice OEM bolts for the strut brace.

Bosch Aero wipers arrived and installed.

Next mission... front bumper!

Comment

Awesome stuff mate. The level of detail in this is amazing. keep up the great work!
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Looking so good and shiny there Cambo!

Can't wait to see the front bumper and love the work with the sagging part around the number plate area.
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

2 months.... getting withdrawal symptoms...

Comment

Sorry it's been so long since an update guys..!

Just been so busy lately.

I got new fender liners from and installed them all. The Yahoo Japan seller must be rather OCD as he supplies not one but TWO sets of gloves with each part.

All new OEM clips included.

Got the AC receiver drier and lines mounted up correctly and just need to finish tidying up the other one of the condensors to reinstall them.

Gave the car a sneaky wash to see the paint in daylight.. makes me so happy!

Front bumper is completely assembled ready to go including new fasteners throughout. The lower lip has 13 speed nuts alone!

Headlights installed and aligned with panels :

Reunited with the DC2R which was at a friends place while I repaired another friends failed headgasket in a Prelude...

Blower fan refresh :-

The blower fan for the air conditioning had 24 years of accumulated dust and filth and needed cleaning. I decided to just completely dismantle it and thoroughly refurbish it.

Before pics:

This is the door that controls fresh / recirc air. It was filthy of course and the seals were perished so fresh air could sneak past when on recirc mode.

Progress pics and final result...

Testing the recirc flap seal against the housing...

Applied new seals for the blower to seal against the firewall and to the cowl.

Much cleaner!

Comment

Great work as usual!
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

awesome attention to detail man
                          my sale thread 21.01.12
                          CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                            Great work as usual!
                            Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
                            awesome attention to detail man
                            Thanks guys Enjoying the process!

So a small update, nothing major....

Cleaned up and reassembled the AC condensors and fans and reinstalled one, other side to go.

Received my excellent condition replacement climate control unit. The buttons on my old one had begun to peel and this nice fresh one came up for sale.

One annoying niggle was the buzzing noise the climate control vents made when changing positions. So I pulled apart the motor units and reapplied new white lithium grease to the worm gears. Ahh... silence The old grease had simply dried up over 24 years.

Got a nice fresh replacement glove box lid as mine had a couple of scuffs. Experimenting with alcantara trim on my existing one as a side project.

Did some more dash stitching... only have three more runs of stitch to do now!

Putting them to bed

Comment

Like.
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

That last photo is living the Honda dream!

Comment

Working...
                                X