Paulieee_R's MR DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
    evo8 skirt extensions... sounds familiar.
    Yours actually came off an Evo 8 you tool. Mine are made for dc5. =P

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
    So much prep for track day, just go and have fun do skids
    haha bro I'm not even prepping for track day. I'm just trying to finish the car and get it to a stage where I'm satisfied with how it looks.

My idea of prepping for a track day is buying harnesses, roll cages and a helmet.

Comment

What are these side extensions u speak of paul
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        What are these side extensions u speak of paul
        These! Update!

eBay Side Skirt Extensions went on today!

Only paid $147 + $80 for shipping from the States.

Sorry for the Samsung Galaxy Potato photo, the sunlight was pretty bad and couldn't get a decent angle. That and the wheels are filth coz of shet weather and tons of roadworks near my place.

Also drove past the Zen Garage Cars & Coffee meet they had on Sunday, because I was on my lunch break, and the Bella Vista Hotel where they were hosting the event was right next to the Woolies Head Office.

Photographers decided they wanted a piece of the driveby action as I was saying hi to some of the Hillest boys who were there to enjoy the Super Car atmosphere. This probably one of the first decent shots of my car on the new wheels...

Comment

I like it aloy.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            I like it aloy.
            Thank you master. Your approval means the world to me.

Comment

Update Time!

This update has been long overdue.

So I made an appearance at the Stance Society meet at Silverwater Park, and someone took an awesome photo of my car, it has to be my favourite since the SSR's went on.

Then I purchased a set of CraftSquare Mirrors off Phil who was parting out a DC5R with plenty of goodies and still is parting it out. Unfortunately, my budget only allowed me to buy Mirrors off him otherwise I would've bought more stuff. Missus will kill me.

At the same time, I purchased Victor's NRG Slim Quick Release. I've had a Sparco Quick Release that I installed for about a week, and then decided to take off because it just made the steering wheel sit way too far from the steering column and instruments because of my HKB Boss Kit which isn't slim in any way. (Sorry, no photos of the QR yet)

So it was either I waited for a slim quick release or a slim boss kit to pop up on the market. The quick release popped up first thanks to Victor and I jumped on it even though he didn't want to part it out unless it was in a package with the steering wheel and boss kit he was selling.

After my friend Marco (SUITUP) wasted a day being an idiot and failing to pick up my Quick Release from Victor (so missus wouldn't find out I bought it ), he finally picked it up and managed to pass it onto me slyly.

That same day, I dropped my secondhand CraftSquares which had a fair amount of fade on the carbon fibre and the base mounting plate was unpainted to my friend Benji who runs Just Dip it Hydrographics.

Three days later, I picked them up from Benji and couldn't believe the quality of the work he had done to restore them. I had him dip the base plate gloss black and had him re-clear-coat the Carbon Fibre and restore it as much as he could.

I then got impatient and spent some quality time doing a DIY. The first time EVER I've actually done all the work myself on a modification, apart from some help from a few friends.

I don't have any close-up shots of the Quick Release or the CraftSquares, but here are a few shots from J_Hui Design/Photography.

They look really small on chunky cars like the DC5, Alex will agree with this, but the field of vision is definitely better than the Spoon ones.

All that's left is for me to purchase blue tinted glass for it from JDMYard.

In other news... Deposit has been put down with JDMYard for my Rear Diffuser.

Next update will be installation and after-shots of it!

Thanks guys! <3

Comment

Nice man. Craft squares look great!!

Comment

Nice man, I love the mirrors
                  mrs gotta you scared hey? Just randomly buy her a Louis Vuitton wallet or something really expensive, so next time she catches a package arriving you can say 'hey I spent shitloads on you to so don't complain'
                  That's how I do it anyway
                  02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

The car aesthetically looks great! I'm sure many people can relate to the second picture of you high pressure washing your car
                    Last edited by Norm; 20-07-14, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Looking good paul.
                      Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                      Nice man, I love the mirrors
                      mrs gotta you scared hey? Just randomly buy her a Louis Vuitton wallet or something really expensive, so next time she catches a package arriving you can say 'hey I spent shitloads on you to so don't complain'
                      That's how I do it anyway
                      Hahaha is that how your missus let you buy the s2k? Must of bought a lot of expensive gift for that
                      sigpic

Comment

Cool stuff! The mirrors look great! I was thinking of Craft Squares or Spoon Mirrors when I get the paint done in a couple of months and it's good to see what those both looked like on your MR DC5

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                          Looking good paul.

Hahaha is that how your missus let you buy the s2k? Must of bought a lot of expensive gift for that
                          I recently got my second 'toy' car (as my wife calls it)
                          she recently gave birth to our second child,
                          I'll let you do the math
                          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Plus 2 Neverfulls, a Sarah, a woppity case and a bowling vanity, and a tag

Comment

Looking awesome ! Let me know if you want some craft stickers..

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                              Plus 2 Neverfulls, a Sarah, a woppity case and a bowling vanity, and a tag
                              Splurging on VTEC..they should rename to NeverFAIL and Speedy to Meth SPEED..

Comment

Looking good man!!
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X