No announcement yet.

Integra Type S - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booked in for JDMyard's next track day on 19/01/15! GOnna be sick, 2 days after my wedding gonna hit up wakie!

Got new wheels coming in 17x9/8+35. Going to run RS-3 in 235/45/17 configuration. I believe my rotors have had it also, so going to get new setup!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

All the best with the wedding and track day man, sounds like the best week ever haha.

Going to leak out what wheels these are? Haha. I find it quite odd though that you'll be running 235/45 all round on a staggered wheel setup though.
      Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 20-11-14, 07:02 AM.
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

^ can't wait for the new brake set up. I'm thinking of the same thing in the future
        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
          All the best with the wedding and track day man, sounds like the best week ever haha.

Going to leak out what wheels these are? Haha. I find it quite odd though that you'll be running 235/45 all round on a staggered wheel setup though.
          Cheers Peter. I was going to go 225/45/17 on the rears, but I guess the rolling figures would put it a little off? I ahve also noticed that I dont have much wear on the rears, and reallyt they are jsut turning up for the journey. I decided to go with 235/45/17 all around so that when the fronts wear down, I can switch over from front to rear tyres and still be good to go. I dont see any downside to running same size tyres on staggered wheel widths, but please correct me and I guess I still have time to go down to 225..

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
          ^ can't wait for the new brake set up. I'm thinking of the same thing in the future
          I think im just going to do the regular DBA 4000 T3 rotor and DS2500. Been good so far and havent ahd any issues. Midn you its a stock AUDM K20 and thats it...
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

The downsides that "I" may see the sidewall on the rears won't be as optimally supported in comparison the front so there might be a lot more sidewall flex in the rear which can give you some weird handling characteristics with more roll and etc. It also may look a bit weird with a beefier looking sidewall happening at the rear in comparison to the front as it's less stretched with the more narrow wheel.

I personally would only go with non staggered tyres only on a non staggered wheel setup for those reasons and for the balance.
            1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

hmm, I guess 225's are on the cards than! thoughts on 235/40 or 235/45 on the 9j?

rolling diameters would be more even using the 235.40 to match against the 225/45 yeah?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Why not just borrow my RE30's with 285/35 bro, very wide for lots of traction, will set new PB no worries.
                BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                NSEX

Comment

Personally I'd go for 245/40 front and 225/45 rear, for the reasons Pete mentions above. The compliance of the tyre is a major part of the suspension system and affects driver feel a lot, so I generally try to keep the ratio of wheel width to tyre width similar at the front and the rear. Also 235/45 is an ugly balloon tyre on a DC5 .

Whatever you decide, good luck at the track. PBs!

Comment

Haha Tom I know you've never liked the 235/45 tyre profile!

I guess I will have to go 245's and get some camber bolts to push in osme more neg camber!

Had a look at my car at the BBQ on the weekend and noticed I will need my rears machined or replaced. In addition to getting new front rotors too.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Photos from the recent ClubITR Annual BBQ

Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Alex still love your car. Always looks so awesome!
                        FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Thanks Matt!

How you and your car doing?

A pic from Justin / House of Stance

Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Nice Alex, very clean as per usual!

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                              Thanks Matt!

How you and your car doing?

A pic from Justin / House of Stance

Im doing ok mate. Working shit loads and trying to work on new house while fixing the old. Poor car has been very neglected last 18months [emoji24]

Trying to work out if I hang out for new type r or move on from Hondas.

Love that you've keep your integra. Re30s look so good.

How you going??
                              FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Ahh yes house reno's. Patience!

Why not keep your Type S?

thigns going good

wedding. baby. honeymoon next year, perhaps an RX7

buylist

new DBA rotors
                                Maybe new front pads
                                bleed with RBF600
                                install new rear rotors
                                245/40 and 225/45 tyres rs3
                                225/45/17 RSR to replace my front street tyres
                                change gearbox fluid
                                gps module
                                ingalls camber bolts
                                Last edited by plAythiNG; 28-11-14, 01:40 PM.
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X