Integra Type S - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
    Great stuff Alex! Love the review, can't wait to do this myself for my dc5 as I drive my car fairly often in 80s - 100 zone.

Also glad you get to keep your car forever also!! Best thing yet.
    Yeah, no hesitation to sell it at all, honestly haha

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
    A great read!
    Once my clutch goes I'd love to do this too =D
    Thanks! If only you were in Sydney, you could have a drive to experience it!

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
    hahah the logbook is your bible I'm gussing? Tucked in under your pillow.

You've sold me Alex on gearbox work. I'm sure dc5s really start to require clutch changes around this mileage. I'm starting to get a bit of slip but not enough to be undriveable.
    I thought my clutch would have lasted till around 180k, oh well.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
      A great read!
      Once my clutch goes I'd love to do this too =D
      same with me haha, but long way to go... car only done 54k kms atm.. but so tempting

Comment

good read, thanks for the info

Comment

Kind of wish I did all of this when I had my gearbox out also but budget didn't allow at the time
          Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

I purposely didnt mention from my drive through the royal national park on Friday I scraped violently three times. car is lower than what I had before and softer spring rates didnt help. It was on my mind all weekend should I raise the car. I was scrubbing on full lock also so decision was made to raise the fronts 15mm.

Before:

After:

No more scrubbing. Got to get an alignment (again) (FUCK!)
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              I purposely didnt mention from my drive through the royal national park on Friday I scraped violently three times. car is lower than what I had before and softer spring rates didnt help. It was on my mind all weekend should I raise the car. I was scrubbing on full lock also so decision was made to raise the fronts 15mm.

Before:

After:

No more scrubbing. Got to get an alignment (again) (FUCK!)
              Seems like I'm not the only person who had problems with his car on Friday. My ball joints are now gone after a drive on old pac. I'm considering roll centre adjusters after this pay cheque.
              Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Hmm. I run the hardrace setup. How was ur car.on old pac with wide.rubber
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Love how your dc5 looks. Tempting me to get one in the future

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    Hmm. I run the hardrace setup. How was ur car.on old pac with wide.rubber
                    Im thinking of going buddy club or Js racing. Leading towards buddy club. I didn't know hardrace had roll centre adjusters, or is it just a different ball joint?

TBH, im not used to the speeds i can go. I have been going way slower for 2 years so i have to get my confidence back up too. I need to trust the car more.

Its great though, back to function and less worries about scraping.
                    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                      Im thinking of going buddy club or Js racing. Leading towards buddy club. I didn't know hardrace had roll centre adjusters, or is it just a different ball joint?

TBH, im not used to the speeds i can go. I have been going way slower for 2 years so i have to get my confidence back up too. I need to trust the car more.

Oh Victor. I need ball joints as well. Plus a long list of parts after checking the car on Luke's hoist the other week
                      Let me know what you decide with roll centre adjust.

Alex, Thanks for uploading that video to instabook on the weekend. You had me looking into gearing all weekend LOL
                      I did a 1st-2nd gear pull and 2nd pull video for comparison, Mind you 5 vs 6 speed would have been good to compare without the 5.1FD
                      I will be having a long chat with you in a few weeks over some beers and wedding cake

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post

All the ball joints out there arent actually adjustable vic. They're designed to lower the lower arm pickup point, angle the arm more and raise the roll center.

I run hardrace myself and havent had any issues for almost two years. There is noticably less vehicle roll with them in. So unless there is one ball joint that lowers the pickup point much further then id say look for the brand which is most durable. I got mine for a steal lol.
                        Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                        Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                        Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Great read Alex. Good information right there.
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                            Oh Victor. I need ball joints as well. Plus a long list of parts after checking the car on Luke's hoist the other week
                            Let me know what you decide with roll centre adjust.

Alex, Thanks for uploading that video to instabook on the weekend. You had me looking into gearing all weekend LOL
                            I did a 1st-2nd gear pull and 2nd pull video for comparison, Mind you 5 vs 6 speed would have been good to compare without the 5.1FD
                            I will be having a long chat with you in a few weeks over some beers and wedding cake
                            I think RCA are important cos your car is lowered. Man, the gearing is such a cheap mod when the box is open. I reckon once your clutch begins to slip (probaly soon) knowing how you drive! I reckon you look into a 5R box with the gearing worked on! dont forget, u have KPRO also.... I caught up with Stevan on friday night over a couple beers. Lets catch up soon man? test each others cars!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
                              All the ball joints out there arent actually adjustable vic. They're designed to lower the lower arm pickup point, angle the arm more and raise the roll center.

I run hardrace myself and havent had any issues for almost two years. There is noticably less vehicle roll with them in. So unless there is one ball joint that lowers the pickup point much further then id say look for the brand which is most durable. I got mine for a steal lol.

HAHA, you indeed got them for a steal! hows melb man?

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                              Great read Alex. Good information right there.

All good, at the next meet, feel free to take it for a hit!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

I might take up that offer
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X