No announcement yet.

Integra Type S - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your recaro's in the ep3r feel exactly like the type s seats Rob! well slightly better being their not leather... Harness inspires so much more confidence!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

the bolsters are indeed quite low, but comfy ^_^
      If I could sell my recaros I would indeed buy something like SR4's at least

Or I could swap out my driver's seat.. but I'm little OCD about having two different front seats. Oh life >.>

Comment

I wouldnt call them bolsters. SRS.

Why dont u get a full bucket seat for track days only and use these for street?
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Dedy said I did it too tight. Its either that all my lock nut key was a bad batch?
          Slight possibility of occurring but can happen...
          I usually do mine up with a breaker bar just to hand tight just as you do i would assume Alex but on some occasions i have noticed that the wheel nuts are alot tighter then what i would do them by hand...
          What's probably occurred which can occur is that as you've been driving that nut has been slightly self-tightening and sadly this occured...

Glad to see you TopOne got it off for you...
          You concerned at all about the other 3 plus your GF's locknuts on her car or you think it was just down to this odd one?

Comment

Top one got 3 nuts off but was stumped by the fourth... From my experience, driving or traking the car will tend to have the nuts lossen instead of self tighten...

I changed my gf's lock nuts to splinedrives earlier tonight actually
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Attended the circuit club track day at wakeield today. Unfortunately i wasnt good enough to get a pb. I usually have fun at trackdays, it was good, but i was frustrated all day having the two same cars hold me up every session.

The best on natsoft was a 1:14.4

After a few sessions andthe track slightly warming up, i began to fid my lines better and i drove better today than orevious days, unirtuantely I couldnt get a clean lap. On my last session i came off early. Felt a knocking noise on hard cornering. Wont be going to Honda Nationals and will look in to the matter further.

To be continued.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

y no honda nats?
                Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                Flickr
                my car blog - Have a read
                my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

i feel your frustration about circuit club. about 90% of the time you struggle to find a clean lap. even trailing off and waiting for a gap doesn't help sometimes. in those cases i normally just jump up a class. ended up in A and i did find people on my tail a few times but its not as frustrating letting them pass, than getting held up by someone who wont let you pass! and in the process you'll find yourself running a lot of clean laps.

you still have two weeks left, plenty of time to patch things up. be a shame if you missed it this year

maybe you need to upgrade to ohlins coilovers.
                  oh what a coincidence, i have a set for sale
                  Last edited by andrew84tran; 26-08-12, 01:12 PM.
                  eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post

haha quite the convincing salesperson you are!
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

[QUOTE=plAythiNG;229916] Felt a knocking noise on hard cornering. QUOTE]

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                      y no honda nats?
                      Refer to quote above in bold.

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                      i feel your frustration about circuit club. about 90% of the time you struggle to find a clean lap. even trailing off and waiting for a gap doesn't help sometimes. in those cases i normally just jump up a class. ended up in A and i did find people on my tail a few times but its not as frustrating letting them pass, than getting held up by someone who wont let you pass! and in the process you'll find yourself running a lot of clean laps.

you still have two weeks left, plenty of time to patch things up. be a shame if you missed it this year

Yeah it was quite a pain in the ass Andrew. I was in group B and moving up to Group A woulda meant i be with cars doing sub 1:05's!

I dont think its a suspension issue, I think its more of a steering issue. Will look into this prolly next year. I wont be spending money on the car for the rest of this year. Our dog Rosie has a pussy or ovary infection and had to be operated on.

The damn Vet has milked me for $2k already and still to finalise the bill..... looks like I cant do much on the car for awhile...
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Circuit Club - 25.08.2012

Attended the CircuitClub event at Wakefield last weekend with my best mate Sugi;

Was quite a cold morning/day and I regret wearing the thin JDMST jumper!

I used CMS Lap Timer on the passenger sessions;

First Session:

Lap 1: 1:23.115
                        Lap 2: 1:18.088
                        Lap 3: 1:15.151
                        Lap 4: 1:15.096
                        Lap 5: 1:14.561
                        Lap 6: 1:42.674
                        Lap 7: 1:20.969
                        Lap 8: 1:14.501
                        Lap 9: 1:25.830

Second Session:

Lap 1: 1:29.207
                        Lap 2: 1:18.916
                        Lap 3: 1:15.388
                        Lap 4: 1:14.255
                        Lap 5: 1:14.088
                        Lap 6: 1:44.334
                        Lap 7: 1:20.339
                        Lap 8: 1:14.621

Third Session:

Lap 1: 1:20.879
                        Lap 2: 1:17.122
                        Lap 3: 1:20.814
                        Lap 4: 1:18.806
                        Lap 5: 1:14.111
                        Lap 6: 1:16.149
                        Lap 7: 1:16.306
                        Lap 8: 1:14.916
                        Lap 9: 1:16.693
                        Lap 10: 1:50.682

Fourth Session:

Lap 1: 1:22.165
                        Lap 2: 1:21.158
                        Lap 3: 1:14.400
                        Lap 4: 1:14.405
                        Lap 5: 1:16.102
                        Lap 6: 1:17.666

Natsoft Race Results - 1:14.4310

With new Ferodo DS200 and harness I was pretty confident to get into the 13's, maybe next time. The harness felt great however I had to pull the jumper/shirt above on my neck otherwise the harness was digging into my skin.

I felt like I took some corners better with better lines, i improved quite a bit on Turn 2 and gained more confidence and braked later, straighter, and turned in later. Also trying to use more of the track, less braking at turns 4,5, and 6. My 2nd gear still pops out on the last corner, will see how I go downshifting only to 3rd.

I cut the last session short early, I noticed a knocking noise when steering, luckily it didnt make any noise driving off the track.

Hopefully next year I can get a pb!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Very nice. See you did a best of 1:14.088. Give or take a few fractions of a second.

Also noticed the GT86 did a 1:10.4!! Please tell me it was in stock form.
                          eckoflyte

Comment

Well done Alex, even if there wasn't a PB I could see you much more confident going into the kink and 2 when I was behind you for a bit.

The 86 is not quite 'stock' form. It has a AP Racing brake setup, Advan A050's, MCA Suspension, tune and Neal Bates was also steering it.
                            Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Thanks for the kind words berty.

I havnt driven my car since the track day and i took it fr a quick 5 min spin. No problems at all. Prior to this i took front wheels off and had a look at the coulovers/tie rod tie rod ends and a quick look at the sway bar.

Everything seems tight even on the end links. Thinking maybe a cracked bushing on sway bar so gotta get under car n have a peep soon.

I also ran thru thethought of parting out wheels/recaro and goin for a oem setup on those areas as julie as i are seriously looking at property. The next big spender for my baby is the gearbox revbuild. Wont be actionig until my clutch is actually slipping badly though.

I also seen some ap racing bbk for sale, temped but i have 5 x sets of ds2500 sitting in my room lol
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

???? selling Recaro and wheels to buy a house..........
                                then purchase APracing BBK?

Comment

Working...
                                X