No announcement yet.

Integra Type S - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally had a weekend free and went an reduced my toe out on the rears.

Went jax liverpool. Never have complaints. Also when i got my regas fitted, i didnt know it came with rim stickers.. They kept it for me... Lots of integrity from the guys!!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Someone PM'd me and showed me these pics haha. Felt like a long time ago!

Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Im going to prepare for circuit club at wakefield on 25/08.

- install harness/bride rails
            - new pads/bleed fluid

Check bom n if weather good, will go
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

HOT!

Where were the recent pics taken?

Comment

That looks really good.
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks guys. May lane in st peters.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

i went to install just the passenger side bride rail tonight.

All went well until I went to bolt up the belt buckle to the new bride rail.

So I bolted it up;

I wasnt happy that it was straight up and no angled like it was on the oem rails. I said to myself, oh well, live with it, until I thought about when I have to recline the seat forward to let passengers into the backseat. I dont want that belt buckle digging into my recaro. This is where I stopped and called it a night.

From the pics above, the belt buckle has a lil angled tab. This is so when it bolts onto the oem rail, its going to be at a fixed angle facing forward for back on the oem rail.

I'll cut this part off and it'll then allow me to slightly loosen the single 14mm bolt, angle the belt buckle forward and retighten. Also looking at one of the 4 bolting points on the bride rail, one of them look crooked! lets hope these rails bolt up perfectly to the chassis!

Till tomorrow!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

how often will you have people in the backseat?

Comment

The seats get reclined often to put stuff back there.. So inight as well grind it off
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Much better result tonight, I grinded off that part of the belt buckle.

Got it sitting at a nice angle

Installed the passenger side, visually it doesnt look that lower, but sitting in the car its definiately noticable.

Two bad things about the install though;

1 - the Bride bolts that came to help bolt the oem belt buckle to the bride rail are rather weak.

If you look at the close up pics, the crush washer's that Bride provided are fucking shit weak, and one of them stuck at a weird angle, regardless its nice and tight and its the passenger one lol. I was toying the idea of waiting to go Bunnings and getting new washers, but i'm confident these wont trouble me at all.

2 - after greasing up the rails and sliding back and fourth, I felt that half of the slide was like butter, and the closer the rails got towards the glovebox, the harder it was to slide. I was thinking shit I didnt put enough grease, after looking more into it, its my facelift center console. it is a wider console opposed to the prefacelift one. With the bigger bolsters, lower rail, wider console, the bolsters were rubbing against the console as i slide it all the way forward. Tiny problem but thought I'd mentioned it.

Anyways, took out the drivers seat, and will grind off that belt buckle and hopefully find some time to install lower rail + Takata harness too!
                          Last edited by plAythiNG; 10-08-12, 10:31 PM.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                            2 - after greasing up the rails and sliding back and fourth, I felt that half of the slide was like butter, and the closer the rails got towards the glovebox, the harder it was to slide. I was thinking shit I didnt put enough grease, after looking more into it, its my facelift center console. it is a wider console opposed to the prefacelift one. With the bigger bolsters, lower rail, wider console, the bolsters were rubbing against the console as i slide it all the way forward. Tiny problem but thought I'd mentioned it.
                            Had the same problem when I was running spoon lowered rails for my EP. But how often do you move the driver's seat all the way back?

I barely move mine at all, I make people get on from the passenger side because I'm so OCD about the exact position of my driver's side seat =P

Comment

Very nicely done Alex, did a good job in sorting out the problem.
                              Did you paint the bracket of where you did the cutting work? You don't want it rusting on you =)

Comment

Originally posted by aRze View Post
                                Had the same problem when I was running spoon lowered rails for my EP. But how often do you move the driver's seat all the way back?

I barely move mine at all, I make people get on from the passenger side because I'm so OCD about the exact position of my driver's side seat =P
                                Rob, I have the problem only when I slide the seats forward. I wanna make sure everything works in harmony.. but i'll see what I can do...

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                                Very nicely done Alex, did a good job in sorting out the problem.
                                Did you paint the bracket of where you did the cutting work? You don't want it rusting on you =)

Thanks Carl, I never thought of painting it, I dont think it'll rust anyways. if it does, I have spare buckles anyways
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X