Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoon n1

Comment

Finally got some time to pull the air con out.
      Evap removal was a bitch.
      Not enough room to move under the dash. Had to pull the blower box out with force and snapped off a few plastic brackets. I think I snapped the plastic actuator off that recycles air flow... oh well, I will just cable tie it open so it will always flow fresh air.
      Heater core still remains. As per RTA standards, must have a manual demister to pass rego. Plus it comes in handy

Made a block off plate for the firewall.

Also finally got some around to making some brackets for the oil cooler.
      Got to get a new battery box made for the relocation plus a few other interior fabrications that a friend will be making up.

The count down is on.. I want it all done by end of month

Comment

Wont be going with white. Just a spare one I had laying around

Comment

Looking beautiful timmy!

Comment

Looking amazing Tim.
            Hybrid racing green? do ittttttttt!
            Keep it up bud!

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
              Looking amazing Tim.
              Hybrid racing green? do ittttttttt!
              Keep it up bud!
              It was too hard to find a car close to that colour.
              Its at smash repairs now as they have a car there getting spray the colour I wanted..
              Wait and see..
              Kill switch is in just not wired up

Comment

Its been a long six months of slow progress.
                But progress is progress and I'm glad I got the opportunity to do all the work myself and at home.
                With the help from some mates we have smash a lot of this build on a few weekends.

With a few delays with parts and finding the time its beginning to take shape.
                Interior is back together and was a complete mess.
                Taking out the blower box was a joke. Not much room to move and frustrating.

Killswitch was going to be annoying. Never wired one before and trying to figure out what power I have to safely cut.
                Mounting place had to be close for me to reach and close to the battery to reduce the use of battery cable.
                After test fitting and cutting it final took shape and fitted nicely

Comment

Looking goot there timmy. Car is coming along nicely. Cant wait to see the end product. Also if you dont mind me asking, whos going to do your tuning?
                  sigpic

Comment

That's a mean looking kill switch Timmy. Keep up the good diy-ness
                    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Interior was pulled apart and all unnecessary items were removed.
                      A lot of metal brackets that honda use to hold things inplace were taken out.

I made up some more brackets, this time for the oil cooler.
                      Test fitted dead centre of the support bar and was unable to fit the front bar.
                      Had make a few changes to fit it.
                      After seeing the length of hose I had, it will be mounted far drivers side (oposite to this)

A few more updates to come this week
                      Last edited by Timmy_B; 21-05-13, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                        Looking goot there timmy. Car is coming along nicely. Cant wait to see the end product. Also if you dont mind me asking, whos going to do your tuning?
                        Tuning will be on a base map with some data logging and adjustments made to kmanager untill I can tow it down to sydney.
                        Yonas recommend SAS to tune

Comment

^ not sure if serious?
                          Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Is Adrian, as in Adrian from toda, the tuner at sas?
                            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                              Is Adrian, as in Adrian from toda, the tuner at sas?
                              Yeah thats the one.
                              Still not 100% sure. Scott from insight tuned the k20a3 last time and he was pretty good

Comment

Glad to see this car is still ongoing Timmy.
                                Backyard Special.

Comment

Working...
                                X