This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowie View Post
    concavity is more to do with a lower offset rather than width?
    not with emotion wheels. it has to do with width.

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
    A/C Name: JDM Concept
    A/C BSB: 032157
    A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      yeah, im considering the 18x8.5 with the offset of either 38 or 32, unsure stil

can someone claify if the 8.5 XT7 rim has concavity?
      From my own knowledge, you would need an offset from mid 20s and below to get concave with that width.

the fronts are 8.5" with +25 offset. As you can see it is not so much to do with the width but also requires the correct offset. An 8.5 +25 should fit a DC5 without too many problems.
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Hmmm, charger / 45set .. any input from u guys?

im now looking at the 8.5's

got a few questions now ... ifi were to get the 8.5"s

1) i cna have full lock turning yes?

2) it wont scrub at all, maybe some camber front n rear yeah?

cheers!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Hmmm, charger / 45set .. any input from u guys?

im now looking at the 8.5's

got a few questions now ... ifi were to get the 8.5"s

1) i cna have full lock turning yes?

2) it wont scrub at all, maybe some camber front n rear yeah?

cheers!
          Both questions depend on ride hight & camber.

if you are dumped,

1) might have issues with full lock.

2) Will need guards rolled and at least -1.5 to -2 deg camber at the rear if you are using tyres which fit the wheels at a good size (such as 235).

You need to ask yourself what you are looking for in these wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
            Both questions depend on ride hight & camber.

if you are dumped,

1) might have issues with full lock.

2) Will need guards rolled and at least -1.5 to -2 deg camber at the rear if you are using tyres which fit the wheels at a good size (such as 235).

You need to ask yourself what you are looking for in these wheels.
            Yeah, i am dropped on N+ (1.5-2 finger gap all around) i have a rear camber kit, willing to get a front camber kit if need be.

But currently, at the front, im running -0.75, and the rears at 0 camber.

If i get the 18x8.5 .. i think i will be running a 235 or 245 tyre not sure yet.

With these all in mind... Can i still have full lock turn?, oh and guards are rolled, front has bit of the fneder cut out, n tabs cut off
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Hey guys, i've sold my white wheels...

Im considering bronze wheels on my gunmetal grey dc5.. now the grey isnt as dark as say a facelifted 350Z, or a BMW. I'm just getting some feedback from the wider coomunity, seeing how you guys think of a dc5 rocking WORK XT7's

Cheers!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Me...

ahh... get the purdy ones...

I don't know half the stuff these guys know about wheels. Ask me anything else about an Integra and I'll give you an answer, but when it comes to wheels there are WAY to many veribles (Width, offset, tyres, gaurd mods...).

Have a look at the link I posted a few pages back (Rimtuck.com). It'll probably have a few DC5's (Acura RSX) running simular set ups to what you want... also says what mods they had to do to get them to fit... and normal gives you a ClubRSX user name if you want to have a chat to them.
                Last edited by 45SET; 08-04-10, 08:31 AM.

Comment

cheers, having a look now.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

45SET, Didz and Daz have already given you great advice. A 9.5 +38 will be super close to the coilovers at the front and realllllyyy close to the trailing arm at the rear, but 18s will give you more clearance at the rear due to the shape of the trailing arm. I have seen 18x9 +45 clear at both the front and rear so it is possible.

With a 235/245 tyre you won't be able to turn full lock without scrubbing on the chassis with the 9.5s, with the 8.5 +32 you mention there is a good chance you will have no issues at full lock.

Comment

OK, so it looks like im gonna get the XT7's in 18x8.5 +32 then!

Im thinknig the 245 tyres is more suited, it shouldn't scrub when turning yeah? and what sized profile is suited for the 18's wheels.
                      Last edited by plAythiNG; 08-04-10, 08:52 AM.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

OK, so it looks like im gonna get the XT7's in 18x8.5 +32 then!

Im thinknig the 245 tyres is more suited, it shouldn't scrub when turning yeah? and what sized profile is suited for the 18's wheels.
                        Just remember +32 may not give you the concave you are looking for.

Comment

+25 then lol?
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

I think a 235 would be better suited to a 8.5 rim. You might find that the 245 is a little too wide for it.

For 18's you should run a 40 or 35 series tire... but if you are going to be conservative go with the 40.

Comment

+25 then lol?
                              From my own knowledge, you would need an offset from mid 20s and below to get concave with that width.

the fronts are 8.5" with +25 offset. As you can see it is not so much to do with the width but also requires the correct offset. An 8.5 +25 should fit a DC5 without too many problems.
                              ^^

Comment

225/40r18 would be my pick and if you go for the 18x8.5 +25 then it will fit no worries. The advantage of 225/40R18 is that it is available in the majority of good high performance tyres and the slightly narrower width will give you the best clearance to the guards and turning full lock. +25 will need a bit of camber to clear though, even with a 225.

Comment

Working...
                                X