Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks cahrger, i will defitnately get those tyres then! ..... How much stretch will it be on that tyre, cos my car isn't as slammed.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      Thanks cahrger, i will defitnately get those tyres then! ..... How much stretch will it be on that tyre, cos my car isn't as slammed.
      It will have a slight stretch to it depending on the tyre type, but the sidewalls will only slope ever so slightly inward when viewed from the end of the car. Most of the 225/40R18s I have seen are approved for mounting on an 8.5" wide wheel by the manufacturer.

Comment

+25 then lol?
        Sorry mate +25 has been discontinued in 2010

its now +32, +38 and +46 only

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
        A/C Name: JDM Concept
        A/C BSB: 032157
        A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

Work emotion CR KAIs 18x7.5 +42
          no guard modifications of any sort
          not dumped, but lowered.
          running <1deg camber

Might be buying a 25mm spacer, to help correct a poorly researched decision to buy these rims (in terms of desired fitment).
          quick double check, this will make it stick outside the guard yeah? without any camber

Comment

lets trial fit on my car also lowie lol... i wanna see how the rears sit with zero camber LOL
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
              not dumped, but lowered.
              running <1deg camber

Might be buying a 25mm spacer, to help correct a poorly researched decision to buy these rims (in terms of desired fitment).
              quick double check, this will make it stick outside the guard yeah? without any camber
              after the spacer assuming its gonna sit at 42-25 = 17 offset. most likely it will sit outside the guard with no camber.
              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                after the spacer assuming its gonna sit at 42-25 = 17 offset. most likely it will sit outside the guard with no camber.
                Yeah... guess its hard to tell accurately how much camber would make it fit nicely? before test fitting that is.
                dont think many would have experience in running a 18x7.5+17 lol

Comment

Yeah... guess its hard to tell accurately how much camber would make it fit nicely? before test fitting that is.
                  dont think many would have experience in running a 18x7.5+17 lol
                  Lowie ... i suggest putting the wheels on my car first then? u can trial fit my spacers n see how it looks ... my rears run zero camber ,the fronts run -0.75..

u should also drop ur car more!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

yeah that would be good.

ahh I would love to lower in a bit more but I had to jack it up a bit for clearance...my front bar runs very low

Comment

go LWOEr!
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

not dumped, but lowered.
                        running <1deg camber

With zero camber and some lowering it might be difficult to get those under the guards. A little camber will probably be needed depending on ride height and tyre size.

For reference I have 9 +28s on the rear and they fit easily with just mildly rolled guards, and they poke 8mm more than your proposed setup. I have some camber though.

Comment

you mean alot of camber ahahahah =/
                          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            With zero camber and some lowering it might be difficult to get those under the guards. A little camber will probably be needed depending on ride height and tyre size.

For reference I have 9 +28s on the rear and they fit easily with just mildly rolled guards, and they poke 8mm more than your proposed setup. I have some camber though.
                            Your gonna need camber, my current setup 17x7 +45 witha 25mm spacer.. im running zero camber.. However, your car isnt as low as mine.. but like i said, u gotta drop ur car, lwoer it, n run some camber!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

indeed, with those kind of specs... camber gets you sex!
                              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

Right. Ill see how it goes, im happy to run more camber although I still want good wear out of my tyres.

Can you comment on the tyre wear you get with your setup charger? (or guy) lol

Your gonna need camber, my current setup 17x7 +45 witha 25mm spacer.. im running zero camber.. However, your car isnt as low as mine.. but like i said, u gotta drop ur car, lwoer it, n run some camber!
                                Mate I would love to drop it but where I go I just dont get the clearance

Comment

Working...
                                X