This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by an93l View Post
    I have a set of enkei looking to put them on tomorrow on my integra. 17x9 +35 offset and looking at 245/40/17 tyres, has anyone done this before? Bob Jane me its a bad idea to put 245/40 the front is going to scrape. Stock height atm no guard rolled, what do you guys think and anyone have this rim or tyre size?

cheers
    Im running 235/45 and im scrubbing at the front but my car is lowered with 1 finger gap. Rears are fine. Ill be dropping down to 245/40/17. I previously had 255/40 at the front. There was no issues at all. So i think youll be fine. My wheel set up is 17x9 +35 all round
    sigpic

Comment

Did you rolled your guards?

Comment

◄◄◄◄ The Wheel Fitment Thread ►►►►

Run 215/45 if for a street setup. Should see little to no scrubbing issues.

Comment

Did you rolled your guards?
          yes only my rears are rolled. Id be more worried about fitting the wheels on the rear. If your stock i dont think you have aftermarket camber arms. You will most likely need to run -1.5 minimum to clear the rear trailing arm. Im on -2 and that is very close. Cant even fit a finger between my wheel and rear trailing arm. Also have you trial fitted these on the car? If you havent try that first?

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
          Run 215/45 if for a street setup. Should see little to no scrubbing issues.
          there shouldnt be an issue with scrubbing if hes stock height. Plus i wouldnt recommend running 215/45 on a 9 inch rim on a dc5. Minimum would be 225/45 thats my recommendations.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
            yes only my rears are rolled. Id be more worried about fitting the wheels on the rear. If your stock i dont think you have aftermarket camber arms. You will most likely need to run -1.5 minimum to clear the rear trailing arm. Im on -2 and that is very close. Cant even fit a finger between my wheel and rear trailing arm. Also have you trial fitted these on the car? If you havent try that first?

there shouldnt be an issue with scrubbing if hes stock height. Plus i wouldnt recommend running 215/45 on a 9 inch rim on a dc5. Minimum would be 225/45 thats my recommendations.
            fair enough, any experiences of running 215/45r17 on a 9" for street? i've run into no problems yet, and thats normal driving plus a few spirited round abouts every now and then.

Comment

No i have no experience running 215/45 on a 9 inch wheel as that is way to stretched for my liking. Plus a ep3's wheel fitment is slightly different to the dc5. Ive used alot of tyre calcutions and for a 215/45/17 it is recommended you dont run them on wheels wider than 8inch. Plus the 225/45 is closer to the stock wheel circumference than the 215/45.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post

there shouldnt be an issue with scrubbing if hes stock height.
                So are you saying there shouldnt be issue but i "MIGHT" need camber arms...will lowering my car give me the problem fix? I should get more camber if it lower the car tho...right? Otherwise how much would a pair of camber arms usually cost roughly?

Comment

So are you saying there shouldnt be issue but i "MIGHT" need camber arms...will lowering my car give me the problem fix? I should get more camber if it lower the car tho...right? Otherwise how much would a pair of camber arms usually cost roughly?
                  I know you will definately need it. Lowering one get what you need. Youll still might have to buy camber arms. 180$ hardrace rear camber arm from jdmyard i think. Im not to sure about the front if youll hit the suspension or not. Test fit them. Best way to know. If you lower your car you will have to get rolled guards too
                  sigpic

Comment

215 is fine on a 9j wheel. Julie dailys her dc5 and thats what she used to ran. there is no excessive stretch at all - then again if you use ok street tyres they wont give you this crazy stretch look contrary if you were using yumcha tyres. The only reason why I chose 215 tyres is I didnt want to invest in a camber kit to get that lil bit of extra camber to just clear the guards.... if you have a DC5 and willing to get a camber kit, get 225 man, if not just get 215's
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Alex im interested in your opinion one. Im looking at a new set if wheels. They are 17x9.5 +22 or +15 all round which one would be a better option?
                      sigpic

Comment

9.5+22 is 2mm wider stance than my previous 9j +18 setup.

I personally run 9.5+22 on a 235/40 tyre. If you are planning on 9.5+15, go 225/45 tyre!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post

I personally run 9.5+22 on a 235/40 tyre. If you are planning on 9.5+15, go 225/45 tyre!
                          Ah okay. Might be my new set up as someone else is current rocking a simialar set up to mine but yeah i do prefer the 9.5 +22 as its not too aggressive. There is also another set thats for sale but this one is 18x9.5 +22 but i think this might look too big on the dc5
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post

Ah okay. Might be my new set up as someone else is current rocking a simialar set up to mine but yeah i do prefer the 9.5 +22 as its not too aggressive. There is also another set thats for sale but this one is 18x9.5 +22 but i think this might look too big on the dc5
                            sigpic

Comment

yheah its pretty easy to fit.

18'' can still work!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

fitted the rims and tyres and no problem at all

Comment

Working...
                                X