No announcement yet.

Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i find DS2500 do squeel a very small amount on street when braking slowly.. (i mean right before you come to a stop)

Comment

Originally posted by l3vnd1 View Post

After much reading and recommendations it has come down to either Ultimates or DS2500.

Ultimates apparently chew rotors where as the Ferodo's squeal under cold braking.

I would prefer the one that is more catered to street driving out of the two as that is my cars main use. (at the moment)

Also trying to identify the DS2500 - which category do they fall under on the Ferodo website?

Its not excel. Is it premium? or Formula?
      I run DS2500's, no sign of fade on Saturday @ WP. No squeal when cold and rotors are wearing well.

Only complaint is the ridiculous amount of dust that it produces. I had the orange regas on my car. Don't know if you saw the amount of dust on it but thats from 1 weekends worth of driving! Small price to pay though..

If you want a more street orientated pad, try Ferrodo DS2000's/TS2000's (same thing, TS is made in Thailand, I think!).
      David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
      '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
      '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Right I see.

Ferodo seems like the way to go with the only big comprimise being brake dust.
        "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

a black car gets dirty before the wheels when running DS2500 i have found...
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            a black car gets dirty before the wheels when running DS2500 i have found...
            true!

and our black dc2r's wheels gets dirty with only half a day or driving on Bendix Ultimates!

they got to be the worst of the lot we've used on our hondas. Not only are they dirty, but they are high in metal flakes and resin residue that bites into the paint.

Lucas TRW are very dusty too, but mainly t carbon dust and washes off with soapy water and elbow grease.

DS2500 on the other hand washes off easier, mainly brown dust, never had them squeal on my eg on street or track btw and feels soft on pedal.

EBC yellows the best I've came across so far, hardly got dirty and washes off with a hose.
            Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Dust aside, how do the EBC yellows compare to the DS2500s?
              David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
              '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
              '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Brand: Bedix Ultimates 0-550 heat range (i think)
                Car: Honda DC2R
                Application: Mainly Street/ Occasional track
                Price: $235 incl gst from Repco
                Comments: Intended on purchasing DS2500's, ended up buying these due to availability. (Was in desperate need of pads and all Ferodo suppliers were closed!)

Bite and feel is good - only comment being that a visible increase in brake dust is evident.
                "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by milkman View Post
                  Dust aside, how do the EBC yellows compare to the DS2500s?

ds2500 more linear, softer pedal feel, more touchy.

EBC yellow has a lot more feel, downside being very iffy availability and they hardly keep more than a couple sets on the shelves for our cars and most likely ex UK 6-8 weeks wait so if you run these you really need to keep a spare set in your garage if you track often. They used to be cheap as, but now with the good reputations of the yellows on some v fast competition cars around aust they've jacked the price right up over the past 2 years, with the AUD down now I would anticipate the yellows would sell for $300 for the set if not more, ie around the same as a set of ds2500.

Comment

I must say the DS2500 wear out fairly quicker. We are on our second set and there is less than 50% left, and it has only been used for 4-5events
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
                      I must say the DS2500 wear out fairly quicker. We are on our second set and there is less than 50% left, and it has only been used for 4-5events
                      yeah that too...very true.

they caused f-all wear to the rotors by self sacrifice lol.

Comment

where in Sydney got stock for DS2500?

Comment

^ i got mine from Competition Friction, they i believe are in Canberra, they then referred me to Race Brakes i think? In Blacktown... but i have seen Ferodo products at Supercheap so they may be able to get them for you

Comment

Originally posted by moO moO nEL View Post
                            where in Sydney got stock for DS2500?
                            Try

V-Sport Australia Pty Ltd

Address: Unit 3, 19 Penny Place, Arndell Park NSW 2148
                            Phone: + 61 2 9679 8644 | Fax: + 61 2 9679 8655

or

Race Brakes Sydney

Unit 6 / 79 Newton Road
                            Wetherill Park NSW 2164

Phone: 02 9609 1101
                            Fax: 02 9604 0708
                            CARSFORHOPE

Comment

thanks all

Comment

abit of topic, what kinda fluid would you guys use..

Comment

Working...
                                X