Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did weigh the carbon bonnet, just haven't had a chance to weigh the OEM one.

The Mugen one is very thin, with no fiberglass backing, just a tiny amount of plastic.

Did you get a chance to weigh both of yours?

Comment

those are some really nice weight losses!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
        As for lowering it, I still need to decide on what coilovers. All the ones I have seen advertise that they have very short strokes. As I race my car on mountain roads (Private ones of course lol), I need a good stroke. I will only lover it an inch though, as anyone with the C-West N1 V2 front bar can testify that the nose on it comes out so far, even with stock ride height it scrapes on EVERYTHING. The Mugen nose is much shorter.
        The front bar does extend the car a fair bit but if you have a close look at the lip it kinda angles up and isn't really that low at all. My car is lowered with 1 finger gap at rear and one and half finger gap at front (between tyre and guard) and the only place I scraped is when I attempted to get into my garage! Besides that I haven't scraped it once yet.

I guess it depends where you drive and how much care you take.

Your project seems to be coming along nicely! Still anxious to see the end weight saving.

Comment

Since your a CF whore, this might help in your mission.

http://x3emotorsports.com/cart/index...cPath=10_25_62

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
            Also need to work out what Ti exhaust to go for, Amuse 60mm, J's 60mm or J's 70mm, but the latter needs the top half of the jap spec header, instead of mating to a nice TODA of BCLUB manifold.
            J's have just released thier own 4-2 manifold to be mated to the 70RR which only weighs 4.0kg with the 70RR weighing 6.2kg. Pretty light. I am not sure what a toda manifold weighs but my Amuse R1 titan weights about 3.7kg.

BTW: It doesn't matter if you win by and inch or a mile; winnings', winning.

Mia I'm a cop.

Comment

http://www.seiboncarbon.com/default.asp

you could prob build a cf car with these guys...:P
              Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
              Flickr
              my car blog - Have a read
              my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Does anyone make anything for DC2s?

Originally posted by ChargeR
                Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Damn that is some major weight loss there with the CF doors. I would love to get them, but can't justify the price and safety issues as my car is still a Daily.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                    Does anyone make anything for DC2s?
                    hyper rev integra special magazine is your friend
                    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

In regards to full roll cage being not be able to be registered for street use. How come the DC2 ex young guns car are able to be road registered? They have full roll cage. I remember Coog an old member of this forum had one back in the day.

Comment

whoever says "you cant register a car with a roll cage" has never tried themselves...
                        ... retired/

Comment

Indeed. Not sure about other states but I have seen plenty of cars registered in Tasmania with roll cages and bars, and here are the regs for Victoria LINK which seem pretty reasonable.

Comment

cf bootlid?
                            2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Comment

http://www.vtecdirect.com/online/ite...-DC5-BD03.html

... retired/

Comment

there is also a CW bootlid on UK eBay m0nkey
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X