X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
    OH wow, i didnt know that?

So the weight quoted is race version .......... learn something new everyday
    damn n00bs!
    ... retired/

Comment

oh and this thread is also useless without

stock weight Vs CF weight

so get some scales and weigh the parts!

Comment

this threat is all talk.....we need pics

z10 says:
        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
        z10 says:
        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
          this threat is all talk.....we need pics
          Ditto!
          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
          Originally posted by tinkerbell
          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

The car has about a month worth of dirt on it, and a dodgy phone camera.. but since you wanted photos so bad, here you go... Enjoy

Comment

Interesting.

I see no cage or side intrusion bars? I hope you're not driving the car around with out them....

*knocks wood*

Comment

nice....but lowering the car would make it nicer

z10 says:
                z10 says:

Comment

I say, Respray the CF bits.

Comment

i cna't tell from your photos but is that a scratch and crack on your CS mirror?

z10 says:
                    z10 says:

Comment

what is the weight difference for each door and the bonnet and the mirrors?

Comment

Nah, its a reflection of the tree behind me, not a scratch/crack in the mirror... don't jinx it though

I have a stripped OEM door and a carbon door in my garage, I'll go outside and weigh them now...

Comment

Ok, OEM door, completely stripped, weighs 19kg

Carbon door weighs 3.8kg

I can post a picture of me holding it with one finger if you want

BTW, I could weigh them because I have only put one door on so far... It takes a while with the little modifications that have to be done.

Comment

The mirrors had almost no difference, only about 1kg

The hood was a big one though... I can dig through my garage and weigh the OEM one, but it FEELS like about 20kg.

The carbon one is 2.5kg.

Comment

LOL man .......... i suggest you weigh your carbon bonnet and your normal bonnet, its nothing close to what you wrote

Comment

As for lowering it, I still need to decide on what coilovers. All the ones I have seen advertise that they have very short strokes. As I race my car on mountain roads (Private ones of course lol), I need a good stroke. I will only lover it an inch though, as anyone with the C-West N1 V2 front bar can testify that the nose on it comes out so far, even with stock ride height it scrapes on EVERYTHING. The Mugen nose is much shorter.

Still working out how to paint the car though. I think I'll only spray the carbon below the bottom of the window line.

And side intrusion, I'm going to a compliancer to have the bars put in the door and signed off by an engineer. But the problem is that if anyone has seen the position of the bars in the OEM doors, they are below your knee level... hmmm

It's because any higher and they will foul the window and regulator.

Still waiting for my Gruppe M in the post, so that will be a little more weight off...

Also need to work out what Ti exhaust to go for, Amuse 60mm, J's 60mm or J's 70mm, but the latter needs the top half of the jap spec header, instead of mating to a nice TODA of BCLUB manifold.

Comment

Working...
                                X