X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing illegal shown in the photos tho

Comment

Ok I know this is going way off topic for too long, but I found out that the reason that GT3s can be legal with a cage is because they are a 1/2 cage and are engineered.

http://www.prtechnology.com.au/products_rollcages.html - states that a half cage in a car will be legal, with an easily removable front section which can be removed for street use. So I will be able to drive with the full cage, remove the cage if I get defected, get off of it, then put it back in. As Stratco say... "Problem Solvered" lol

Comment

do you really feel thats its worth going to all that just to be able to have carbon doors?

dont forget that ull need to have the cage running along the back side of the doors in order to have some side impact protection, and theres not a great amount of room betweent the doors and the seats so its probably going to make it uncomfortable to sit there, if u even want to sit there at all.

and the part of the cage thats removable in a GT3 only runs along the roofline and down past the dash, not across the doors.

Comment

hmm... your going to all this effort to cut down on weight with the CF parts... then your going to bolt a cage in... you do realise that a cage does weigh a fair bit... unless your going to build that outta carbon fiber to

Comment

Oh my god!!! are you serious? The cage is going to add weight?!!

Damn why didn't you tell me earlier?!

Maybe you could come up with a way to make it out of Jelly, or even better... balloons!!! That would make the car lighter, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
              Oh my god!!! are you serious? The cage is going to add weight?!!

Damn why didn't you tell me earlier?!

Maybe you could come up with a way to make it out of Jelly, or even better... balloons!!! That would make the car lighter, wouldn't it?
              i may be wrong, But wasnt this thread about making the car lighter/perform better....

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                Id really hate to say this.. but.. unfortunately we are slowly becoming Ozhonda... and threads like this are the reason why =P

If dis wazz like Ozhonda, we would b writin like dis brazzz...
                And being like dat JDMToy guy and starting every1 and any1! U guyz all memba 'im braz? He was heaps funny bro.

[/end lebo copy session]

Originally posted by ChargeR
                Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by sugz View Post
                  thats true but the thread starter was being rude and impatient towards jing and he (Jing) obviously have a life outside forums and if he chooses to help its out of his own time and effort soo yes it is a privilage not a right
                  hehehehe.. Jing has a life out side of work and forum chat? really? U think?? Really really???

Do you Jing??...

PS: Still want to do that photoshoot? hehehe.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Ok, no roll cage, doors are on their way and I have booked into a place that compliances cars to have side intrusion bars fitted and inspected by and engineer.

Just fitted a carbon wing that is exactly the same as the stock one... unfortunately... no weight difference. Looks cool though and is really good quality.

As soon as the carbon doors arrive, along with my carbon Recaros, I'll take the car to a weigh bridge to get the new weight. Hopefully I can find somewhere where I can see the weight on each wheel to check the balance too.

Comment

i cant believe this..... nothing is making sense in this thread...

Big Q....I'm assuming you would like to work with what you have but considering the VAST amount of money you will spend in weight reduction, would it not be easier to 1 gain more power ( same effect but heavier cnr weight) 2 get a different car. I'm sure if you were to purchase a lotus and drop a k20 engine in, it might work out to be a cheaper project than what you are about to embark upon. Got 100 of k's go for it but your excerise seems a bit futile.

At the end of the day, your safety comes first. That being said - chase more power, let the honda engineers and the ADR's do their work protecting you. My.02 - save the cf till its a track car only....

Comment

power = >speed

less weight = >speed, cornering, braking etc. etc etc.

Comment

in the RSX forums some of the owners have rear carbon diffuser
                          ive read its from jackson's though on the site there is no mention of that part

who sells it?

Comment

Originally posted by jansenrw View Post
                            i cant believe this..... nothing is making sense in this thread...

Big Q....I'm assuming you would like to work with what you have but considering the VAST amount of money you will spend in weight reduction, would it not be easier to 1 gain more power ( same effect but heavier cnr weight) 2 get a different car. I'm sure if you were to purchase a lotus and drop a k20 engine in, it might work out to be a cheaper project than what you are about to embark upon. Got 100 of k's go for it but your excerise seems a bit futile.

At the end of the day, your safety comes first. That being said - chase more power, let the honda engineers and the ADR's do their work protecting you. My.02 - save the cf till its a track car only....
                            Dude... no point in arguing the fact... I found that out 2 pages ago.

It is quiet obvious the lighter your car... the better it'll be... so even if you have a near stock engine... but the car is completely decked out in CF and stripped out... it'll hall ass!

Its amazing how much I have learnt from this thread....

Comment

lol

Comment

But the real argument here is, really how much weight are you really saving when you put the cf parts in PLUS the roll cage? I know the roll cage has other benefits but for the sake of this thread we will concentrating on th weight saving side of it.

I have yet to see any figures about the true weight saving of this cf'ing excercise. Through my various readings at CRSX and etc, the impression I get is you really don't save that much and your money could better spent else where. UNLESS you are making a full on track car and you have mod every other aspect already.

Jing I heard your project car is finished, would you be generous enough to share how much weight saving occurred (with your cf/light weight parts) vs original weight? I know this is a big ask but maybe you can potentially help this poor fellow save his money and put it on something that will really gain him something.

When I took off my stock front bar to put on the after market one I was quite amazed at how light the OEM one is already.

I'm sure this has already been asked in this thread but is this really more of a "bling" or weight saving excercise for a mildy modd'ed car?

Comment

Working...
                                X