Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CF bonnet makes little to no difference to the cars handling and or performance. BuddyClub item i had was excellent quality and fitment and also had a removeable cover for the vent which was great.

Also had the BuddyClub CF wing, this made a huge difference to rear downforce at speeds above 100kph, I purchased it to keep the rear of the car more planted for turn 1 at QR which is a 140-150kph turn. Definitely made the car feel more stable but at the same time knocked off some top speed down the straight (Was adjustable so could play with it to get the right amount of downforce you wanted).

Also had Craftsquare CF mirrors, excellent quality and fitment also.

Recommend any of the above products and if you wish to purchase them they are for sale since i have now parted out my car all are in as new condition..
    NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

In regards to the door, it is an intergral part of the body, with the force transfered through it at one end through the hinges, through the door then through the locking latch.

It may only be a minute amount more ridgid though.

And for those people who say that the door does not add to the ridgidity of the vehicle...

I used to work as a mechanic at a Ferrari dealership. Even though he was warned, one of the mechanics jacked up a F355 with the door open, which resulted in the body flexing so much that one of the windows cracked very badly.

As for side impact protection, I'm looking for a roll cage that is certified so I can use it on the street. Porsche GT3's have this as an option and are able to be street registered. Most probably I'll just get it made up, as i dont know any off-the-shelf Australian ones.

Until then here is a solution that I'll use which I dont recommend.

It's the Cusco Side Pillar brace

Comment

As for the aim of the car, I want it to be an evolution (not int the Mitsu sense) from a very quick "trackable" street car, similar to a GT3, which I can then easily turn into a dedicated track car as soon as I choose another car to use as a daily driver.

This is hard though as its a pain financially to put a part on, then have to change it because its not up to scratch.

Comment

well see the problem is right there.

There is no full cage which is engineerable atm. So whatever full cage you have in your car it will make it non streetable.

Obiviously for protection you WILL need full cage. And in that regards if you want the car to be streetable then you better reconsider your cf door options.

Comment

So GT3's with a roll cage are defectable?

Same as the EVO rally car that a guy owns in my street that drives it around on Rally Rego I think.

I dont mind specially registering my car, as I have my CAMS license.

Comment

if you noticed gt3's dont have a full cage

but the thing is those are optionable cages from the FACTORY

it would be similar to you going into honda dealer and a honda sells person supplies you with a cage. which we all know wont happen.

You are going to get a aftermarket cage which on rta's register has little to no testing. I suggest you research very carefully and get in contact with a cage builder

Comment

I have found some that are to D1 regulations, maybe even some FIA approved ones, which may help, even if I still have to get an engineer's certificate and go over the pits.

Like you said, I'm going to contact a cage builder during my 2 month wait for the doors.

Which leads me to ask you where you got the doors from.

JDM Yard are getting back to me soon, although I tried to look for FRP Magic on the net, resulting in no luck.

Comment

nono u r not understanding.

No engineer can approve a full rollcage. You could do it before but after brookie died. NO FULL CAGE IS ENGINEERABLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                    No engineer can approve a full rollcage. You could do it before but after brookie died. NO FULL CAGE IS ENGINEERABLE.
                    why is that? it supposed to save life?!?!
                    only 1 scenario i can think of is when the jaw of life cant cut open fast enough to get you out in time for medical assistant?

but if u has cage on and you bang it bad enough that your car needed to be cut open to "extract" you, you would probably b dead in the 1st place, so why the rush?

so what is the other reason/s cage is dangerous on street?

Comment

there are many rules that is hard to understand i guess?

but i kinda do understand, it is to stop any average jo blo from welding in pipes in the car and calling it a rollcage. There are certain requirements for a rollcage and if done wrong might cause more damage then save lives

for eg your head, you are not wearing a helmet on the rd. Can you imagine what happens if your soft head hits a metal pipe?

ya ...... not pretty

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
                        In regards to the door, it is an intergral part of the body, with the force transfered through it at one end through the hinges, through the door then through the locking latch.

It may only be a minute amount more ridgid though.

And for those people who say that the door does not add to the ridgidity of the vehicle...

I used to work as a mechanic at a Ferrari dealership. Even though he was warned, one of the mechanics jacked up a F355 with the door open, which resulted in the body flexing so much that one of the windows cracked very badly.
                        also - if you drive along, and hold your hand on the roof and top edge of the door frame, you will notice that these parts move...

this is why they are not actually 'integral' but are 'floating'...

sure - they might stop the entire body warping, but only after having moved a small amount to set/lock in place...

but a full cage sorts this without question.
                        ... retired/

Comment

Until then here is a solution that I'll use which I dont recommend.

It's the Cusco Side Pillar brace

your not serious are you... that is going to do jack shit even if you had the stock doors on there. That bar is to make the car more rigid... not as a side intrusion bar.

Also with the GT3 cage thing... that car came STOCK with a cage.... its just like how harley davidsons clearly have a exhuast DB louder then 90db... some European exotics are lower then 10cm's from the ground... but they are STOCK from the factory like that.

Seriously you are looking at this all wrong, and your being way to stubborn to listen to anyone else.

If you are serious about making a track-going-road-car PM Goldcoastdc5r, as his car was quiet quick around the track, and was still street legal. If you spend more money on the engine (maybe even making a K24/20 for extra tourqe) then the body you'll have more better results

Comment

LOL, the picture I posted is to stop passengers asking questions like "what about a side impact"

I know that bar isn't going to do anything.

I'm just going to have to look into why the guy in my street is able to drive his EVO with a full cage.

P.S. what is so bad about getting defected with a roll cage. In the words of the old guy in the Karate Kid... "Bolt on, bolt off"

Enough said, because I have things on my car that are a much bigger worry than getting found with a cage.

Comment

Enough said, because I have things on my car that are a much bigger worry than getting found with a cage.
                              You should start a Project/Build Up thread (with lots of photos).. it sounds very interesting
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks, sorta did but stalled because I'm waiting to take more pics.

Just bought Craft Square Carbon side mirrors from GoldCoastDC5, so waiting for them and a few more things.

Comment

Working...
                                X