No announcement yet.

The Best Gearbox Oil Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im weary about using lightweight shockproof because on the redline website they reccomend you dont use smurf's blood (lightweight shockproof) on synchro equipped gearboxes. Also when you are using smurf's blood you need to make sure you change it regularly or it will stuff up your box.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-R View Post
      I used Redline lightweight shockproof on my dc2r, they are alot better than Honda oil with Nulon lubs. Somehow the redline oil didnt work well with dc5r, I went to Croydon and they said the redline oil is too thick for dc5r box and sugguested Repsol. They come with 2 litre bottles at 50 dollars each. awesome gearbox oil.. very smooth gear shifting. even when the car is cold.

Use the super lightweight, i had the same problem with dc5r, super lightweight fixes that problem
      NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

im using honda oem. just changing it more regularly than the maintanance schedule recommends.
        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCoastDC5R View Post
          Use the super lightweight, i had the same problem with dc5r, super lightweight fixes that problem
          I dont even knwo they have super lightweight.
          what colour are they in?

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
            im using honda oem. just changing it more regularly than the maintanance schedule recommends.
            unlike engine oil its abit of hassle changing gearbox oil. It always end up a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-R View Post
              unlike engine oil its abit of hassle changing gearbox oil. It always end up a mess.
              If you use a funnel & hose, it's practically the same.
              j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
              Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
              faijai: rg + awp = gg
              hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
              rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

yeh. i bought a syringe thingy from repco with 100ml capacity.
                so 20 pumps to get it done. Its not too had, but just not as easy at the egine oil.
                r u the steve i met on the ding repair day?

Comment

Yeah, you have PM
                  j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
                  Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
                  faijai: rg + awp = gg
                  hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
                  rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

as rG' mentions - i use a piece of green garden hose - abt 100cm long,

i attach a small 8cm OD funnel, fit the end of the hose it in the fill hole and wedge the upper end of the hose in the brake lines...

then fill away...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tofuR View Post
                      i actually had quite a lot of problems when i used castrol syntrax..
                      it caused my gears to crunch quite a bit..
                      i tried it twice..

using motul ive had no problems =)
                      same...used it for a couple of months...then had to have my gearbox rebuilt...changed mechanic..and the mechanic told me the fluid I was using was not suitable for the gear box...sth bout it being too thin or sth...can't remember exactly what he said...I even emailed castrol to ask..they called me back saying that it is not suitable for the DC2R gearbox..been awhile back..now back to OEM...

Comment

Originally posted by RA73DR View Post
                        ive tried ELF gearbox oil supplied by adrian @ TODA once.
                        the shift into all gears was very very smooth.
                        Since then i've moved back to OEM gearbox oil, noticeable difference though.
                        What's the actual difference that you noticed from going back to OEM?
                        Do you remember how much the ELF oil is? I believe adrian uses ELF Tranself Synthese FE 75-90 but I can't find much information on it online.

Also, which motul are you guys using?

The more I read this thread, the more I get confused I'm bout to give up and just use OEM for the meantime hehe

P.S. I'm changing my gearbox oil next week when my clutch is installed. Is there anything else I need to check/replace when it gets done?
                        CARSFORHOPE

Comment

richy - make sure thay check/change the small bearing in the centre of the flywheel - called a "pilot bearing"
                          ... retired/

Comment

Seems people are experiencing alot of different things with different transmission oils. What to do? I think I will replace mine with OEM honda fluid.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by justinfox
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

We use Penrite full syn oil, crappy oil 4 laps around wakefield gearbox started to crunch into 4th!!....

Change it to castrol syntrax 75-90, took it to the track never crunch any gears !..
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Built. Tuned. Driven
                              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

it does seem to be what box your have..
                                i have heard so many people swear by syntrax ..
                                but my box really just hates it .. i crunch from 2-3 and 3-4 ..

its horrible..
                                Farewell TYP88R

Comment

Working...
                                X