Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSL View Post
    5k?? do you do much track work??

if not.. i wouldn't be changing it every 5k..
    Unless like Freakygeek your road driving is like track driving then 5k oil changes are a given.

Comment

therse one made by redline. 3L bottle. 140bux. highly recommended. did a gbox change in a dc5r and its VERY NOTICEABLE. revs faster and smoother. gear changes are amazing, and still hasnt changed 3months later..

Comment

i agree, used redline oil in a wrx heaps heaps more smoother and precise.

Comment

What does everyone with aftermarket LSD use? I have been using ATS oil with no problems but i need to do a change and it seems too expensive to order from ATS (mainly shipping charges).

Comment

use ATS dont be a tight arse!
            'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Ok mofo! lol

Comment

Originally posted by EK004 View Post
                Ok mofo! lol
                You talking to me..?!?

hehehe
                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #004

Comment

On the topic of gear box oil can anyone tell me if there are special requirements in gear oil if using final drive? Mine final drive a tad bit noisy.

Comment

I've used Redline MTL in a DC5R before and I thought it was absolutely brilliant. It got rid of my 2nd gear notchiness which has only just come back.

I'm due for a transmission service soon and I'll switching back to Honda MTF (confirming $12/1L bottle) and I'm keen to see what the differences are.
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by itr_dc5 View Post
                      On the topic of gear box oil can anyone tell me if there are special requirements in gear oil if using final drive? Mine final drive a tad bit noisy.
                      since all FWD gearboxes have a final drive, your question is quite irrellevent.
                      ... retired/

Comment

anyone used "Roil" in their 'box?

http://www.anewlife.co.uk/oil_additive.html
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          since all FWD gearboxes have a final drive, your question is quite irrellevent.

Sorry after market final drive, hence why the box is noisy

Comment

Originally posted by tofuR View Post
                            i actually had quite a lot of problems when i used castrol syntrax..
                            it caused my gears to crunch quite a bit..
                            i tried it twice..

using motul ive had no problems =)

which motul?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim80y View Post
                              I've tried Motul, Honda MTF and Castrol Syntrax - would probably have them in that order too from best to worst. I've found the best thing to do is just change it often, depending on how the gearbox feels I'll change it every 5k kms, or wait til every 10k kms.
                              which motul?

Comment

oil

I used Redline lightweight shockproof on my dc2r, they are alot better than Honda oil with Nulon lubs. Somehow the redline oil didnt work well with dc5r, I went to Croydon and they said the redline oil is too thick for dc5r box and sugguested Repsol. They come with 2 litre bottles at 50 dollars each. awesome gearbox oil.. very smooth gear shifting. even when the car is cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X