DC2R & DC5R Weird Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R & DC5R Weird Noises

I thought i might make a thread of some of the normal and abnormal noises that both the DC2R and DC5R make.

So list your:

Car Type -

Weird Noise -

Cause of Noise (if applicable)

Car Type - DC5R

Weird Noise - high frequency rattling at ~3000rpm

Cause of Noise - Exhaust manifold heat sheild had come a little loose

Comment

Car Type: DC5R

Weird Noise : Sounds during gear change

Cause : Clutch not all the way in

hehe nah serious....DC5R....noise coming out at 4500rpm...sounds like a bee humming..cause..dont know
      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

i will delete non "weird noise" posts soon...

this is the original posters chance to fix them, or delete them themselfves...

eg the sound of a mugen air box is not weird, it is "glorious".

eg the sound of crunched gears is not weird, it is "painful".

eg the sound of VTEC in a K series is not weird, it is "magnificent".
        ... retired/

Comment

Car: DC5R

Weird noise: Rattle noise coming from glove box.

Probable cause: The glove box lid dosen't seem to firmly close and Honda did not have a solution to this even though its a common problem among the DC5. Will try soon to stick some 3M in between the lid and glove box body to fill up the gap.

Comment

Weird noise: Rattle noise coming from the passanger side speaker panel.

Probable cause: The panel is shaking as the speaker emits music and bass. Have taken to Honda many times and still the rattle is there. Thought about doing some sound deadening to get rid of the rattle but have never gotten around to do it yet.

But it seems like on hot days it doesn't occur probaly due to the plastic expanding in the heat and thus not rattling?

Comment

I had the same noise as matt:

Car Type - DC5R

Weird Noise - high frequency rattling at about 3000rpm

Cause of Noise - Exhaust manifold heat shield was apparently loose. Dealer tightened it up but the noise sometimes still persists, but these days it blends in with the multitude of other noises my car makes.
              Last edited by ChargeR; 03-04-07, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Car : Dc2 Vtir
                Weird Noises: hmm where to start. Rattle in window when shutting doors, clicks blips and squeeks.. , a loud whirling noise when applying 25% or more load =P, Ac belt Pulley whines (sound like supercharger), PS pulley about to die too. rattle in the boot ( i think i left a screwdriver back there)..

what else..

Cause of Noise
                : car is old.. cant change that =P, loose parts flying around, need replacing PS pulley and AC pulley (already cut AC belt to get rid of noise)
                Last edited by Wlee2; 03-04-07, 02:54 PM.
                Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                Originally posted by tinkerbell
                if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

chargeR, there are other heatshields under the car for the exhaust, have you had them check those?

Comment

Weird noise: Metal grinding noise from 3.5k-4k rpm

Probable cause: Unsure, seems heat shield is ratting against headers or some metal is hitting something on the exhaust. Only occurs during these rpm's it goes away after you hit just after 4k.

On rainy days sounds feels like the driver seat rattles (feels like a massage under my butt). Sounds like car is broken. ><

Mechanics and Honda can't find problem.

Comment

Weird noise: rattling in frontend when down gearing/engine breaking and slight knocking sound in gearbox at idle, sound dissapears when clutch in.

Probable cause: clutch buzz. worn thrust bearing or some bearing in the box.

The fix; live with it, replace it when clutch goes or turn the music up.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                        chargeR, there are other heatshields under the car for the exhaust, have you had them check those?
                        Thanks matt , I think the original cause was the ex mani heat shield and the noise that persists is the heat shield that goes over the intermediate/driveshaft underneath the car, because it is loose as a loose thing. It has been three years since I had the 3000rpm buzz so I can't really remember what it sounded like. One day If i get bored I will try and fix it but it doesn't really bother me.

Comment

Car type - DC5R

Weird noise - Some sort of "dooiinngg" noise when I enter my driveway while braking. I feel a sort of jiggle in my brake peddle too

Cause of noise - No idea =[ HELP!

Comment

Amusevtec: ABS module engaging?
                            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Hrmm i was thinking that, like maybe when I hit the bump on my drivway, it does something to my brakes.. But the sound is like BOINGG. Kind of like a spring being flicked.

My friend's abs on his euro isn't loud and it sounds different.

Comment

Working...
                              X