No announcement yet.

DC2R & DC5R Weird Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like you have a screwed syncro. try changing your gearbox oil if you havent done so already.
    If it doesnt fix it im guessing your gonna need to get new syncros.

Comment

i would think that they changed it during the 60,000kms servicing?
      how much would it cost for new syncros?

Comment

Car Type - 2002 DC5R
        Weird noise: Car appears to 'flutter' or 'dose' (lol) while normal driving with gear changes.

cause of noise: Guess at air going through airbox???

Also someone mentioned a strange buzzing noise at 4.5k rpm in the DC5r. Probably ivtec getting ready to engage (heard it somewhere). I hear it as well and when i get to 6k i hear it fully come in.
        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Syncros wouldnt usually be replaced during a regular or even a major service unless you let honda know that you wanted to change them and you would have got a hefty bill for that.

Comment

Car Type - 2002 DC5R

Weird Noise - Strange and really annoying noise after changing gears, sounded like a bearing noise or something coming from gearbox area. Doughy clutch and sloppy gear changes

Cause of Noise - DIRTY CLUCTH FLUID.
            The car has always been serviced by Honda. I had taken the car to 4 mechanics and no one knew what exactly the noise was, i was told its normal, just a noisey gearbox, " i cant hear anything".

I got my gfs car lowered yesterday and i told the mechanic about it so he took the car for a spin and noticed the doughy clutch and sloopy shift feel. He had a look at the clutch fluid and it was black as! I was even thinking about a gearbox rebuild.

The noise now is noisey eibach springs going around corners and uneven surfaces...damn noises!!!!
            02 Milano Red Honda DC5R

Comment

Car Type - 2002 EP3 CTR

Weird Noise - Strange sound (like errrrrrrrrrrr) when car is cold in the morning when i change gears.
              Cause of noise - Im guessing car is cold, because when my car warms up the sound is gone.
              Last edited by felixR; 23-08-20, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amusevtec
                But say I'm on a flat road.. there's times when I slowly release the clutch I hear the squeeking noise. Happens occasionally when I take off, and once it starts making the noise, it'll occur more often.

Maybe it's my clutch? =[ I was on a bumpy road today and I heard it slightly while doing 40-50.
                This is a very common problem in all cars, i searched and coudnt find the reason for it. I think it is flywheel related?

Car - dc2r

Weird Noise - Clunking when downshifting, sounded like it was coming from my dash.

Solution - Broken rear engine mount. Paid $560 for 5 brand new mounts and problem gone (even though i only needed 1/3)

Comment

Car - dc2r

Weird noise - dry kind of tin sound whenever i accelerate. assume its coming from the exhaust.

Solution - help ?
                  Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Comment

could be broken exhaust mount?

Comment

hmm the mounts seemed ok, but the cat back has been cut-weld-cut-weld in alot of places due to the previous owners. i was thinking could this be the problem o.O ?
                      Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Comment

if done right then shouldn't be a problem, the mounts on mine broke a while ago and at certain rpm the exhaust will drone to a level that drives me crazy... thats wat my problem was, but urs sounds like a different case

Comment

Car: DC5

Noise:
                          hissing noise during acceleration then it disapears after 4k rpm.

Cause:
                          no idea, maby leaking exhaust, but i have had it for about three months and its a Fujitsubo RM. i have checked the exhaust and it seems firm and not moving. And the temperature doesnt seem to effect the degree of noise ..help please

thanks
                          thanks

Comment

Car: DC2R

Noise: rattles

Cause: loose rear bumper

Comment

Aftermarket headers can cause hissing.

Originally posted by JDM.FTW View Post
                              Car: DC5

Noise:
                              hissing noise during acceleration then it disapears after 4k rpm.

Cause:
                              no idea, maby leaking exhaust, but i have had it for about three months and its a Fujitsubo RM. i have checked the exhaust and it seems firm and not moving. And the temperature doesnt seem to effect the degree of noise ..help please

thanks
                              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
                                Aftermarket headers can cause hissing.
                                stock headers...

Comment

Working...
                                X