No announcement yet.

DC2R & DC5R Weird Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise: 1. Sounds like a worn isb but in its early stages. However i have replaced my isb/ synchros/clutch about a month ago. Same symptoms as a worn isb (noise disappears when clutch is in), but i have no idea what it is.
    just an addition to my first noise. There is a noise when i step on the clutch whilst driving and it sound like (all turbo jokes aside) a "ssshhhhhh" sound. Sounds like air is passing through. Not sure what that could be or if it also could affect it or not.
    Tinkerbell mentioned to check the release & thrust bearing but is there any other way to check it without removing teh gearbox?

2. Clicking during braking on the right wheel. Only happens on light braking and its quite faint.
    With this i've checked the wheel nuts they're on fine. No stones in the tyre, and CV has been replaced. How could the slotted rotors bring out this sound?

Comment

Car Type - DC5R

Weird Noise - Sounds like a "clunk" noise, like something is loose coming from the left passanger mount side. jj17 said it might be cabin noise. Sound comes during certain bumps. I have the stock suspension (done 10,000km's) put in only a week ago and was fine up untill now.

Cause of Noise - Unsure at this stage, but will take the wheel off and take a look, if not mention it to honda when service is being done.

Comment

Car - DC5R

Noise - Clunking underneath the driver seat, coming from outside.

Cause - Aftermarket exhaust lurching back and forth between high rev down shifts due to the engine moving. FIX - Exhaust was already pretty close to the chassis, so blowtorched the exhaust bend and moulded it away.
        The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Car - DC5R

Noise - On idle glove box area would rattle. ALso occurred with air con on

Fix - Tried to electrical tape the glove box lock, wrapped the latched-onto part, didnt really fix. Howver noise completely disappeared when I got Hasport 62A engine mounts put in, they were more quiet than stock mounts!
          The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Car - DC5R

Noise - When I start it up especially on cold mornings, after the engine comes on i hear a really loud crunch sound (krrrrrrrr).

Cause - unknown !!
            Shak's S2000

Comment

Car - DC2

Noise - High pitched 'squigly' rattle in the rear, sounds like two bits of metal fighting one another.

Cause - The latch in the rear becomes worn by the boot lock itself, causing it to be slightly reduced in size and causing it to scrape the lock.

Fix - Wrap some eletrical tape (Thicker) around the D latch (top of the boot hatch) and shut it a few times to help it mold to the new shape, no more stupid ass rattle!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                Car - DC5R

Noise - When I start it up especially on cold mornings, after the engine comes on i hear a really loud crunch sound (krrrrrrrr).

Cause - unknown !!
                I think that may be your starter motor. I get it too. Only on the first time I start my car though. Its an indication to start saving for a starter motor.
                The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by DakDak View Post
                  Car - DC5R

Noise - Clunking underneath the driver seat, coming from outside.

Cause - Aftermarket exhaust lurching back and forth between high rev down shifts due to the engine moving. FIX - Exhaust was already pretty close to the chassis, so blowtorched the exhaust bend and moulded it away.
                  I fixed this with aftermarket engine mounts.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    I fixed this with aftermarket engine mounts.
                    Ive got aftermarket engine mounts. I didnt hve this issue until I changed my cat. Had a look under my car to see that I have a protruding exhaust installed by the previous nooby owner.

Comment

CAR: DC5R

Weird nose: Turning left or right at slow speeds and hearing a 'CLUNK' sound.
                      Running 17x9 +35 on the front (Not slammed or anything, plenty of clearances from guards) 255/45/17 on front

Stock suspensions apart from pedders lowered springs

Solution: Not found, ideas would b great!
                      Last edited by MYDC5R; 03-08-11, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post
                        Car type - DC5R

Weird noise - Buzzing noise at 2.1k-2.5k under deceleration
                        Cause of noise - No idea =[ HELP! Checked exhaust manifold heat shield, checked ivtec cover, still no idea what it is.
                        Seems like this is very common, it happen to my DC5R expecially when I swapped my 5zigen to a 70mm megaRR Skunk2 exhaust. I had a look under the car and the heat shield is very close to the exhuast and around the 2-4k rev mark expecially when not on the gas the rattle occurs.

So main issue is the clearance. There is barely any haha, Honda never worked on that.

My fix: look under the car and near the cat and mid section of the exhuast there are some bolts from the chassis facing down. I got a mount and a nut and bolted it to the under carrage. I then welded it to the mid section of the exhuast (make sure I rigged the mid section for more clearance). That fixed all my rattles for that rev bands. No issues at all now!!

Hope it helps!!
                        Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Car: DC5R

Issue: left low beam blows after switching high beam over time. Does not blow first time but after 2-3 months and I don't drive alot at night where high beam is needed. Maybe high beam 9-10 times before it goes. I reckon that is the case. Plan to not high beam the next 6 months and see if it's okay. Anyone else with this issue? Possible issues? Just left one. No fuse blows and always left one first

I wonder if current from the high beam is transferring into the low beam bulb?
                          Last edited by Batchy; 14-05-12, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Batchy View Post
                            Car: DC5R

Issue: left low beam blows after switching high beam over time.
                            can you re-phrase this please? or add more words?
                            ... retired/

Comment

Done, sorry.

Comment

Car Type - DC2R

Wierd Noise: After 110KM/H Heavy flapping sound on drivers side, sounds like a deflated tyre spinning. Does not happen before 100KM/H

Solution: Haven't found any, some help would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X