DC2R & DC5R Weird Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dfdc2r View Post
    So I've owned my DC5R for 2 and a bit months and I've been experiencing a little mechanical rattle on my DC5R at precisely 4500rpm, it disappears if the revs are higher or lower than 4500rpm. The sound is obviously coming from the engine, and it's been happening ever since I've owned the car. Is this normal?

Also at low speeds (below 5km/h), I get this weird clunking sound when steering from left to right or right to left, again it's been happening since owning the car.

By the way, the car is completely stock I believe.

Any ideas on what the problems are? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The rattle could be a loose heatshielf bolt?

The clunking sounds are your cv joints on their way out, i currently am experiencing them
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Pop the bay and listen for the noise. Could be heatshield bolts or Timing belt tensioner.
      BYP Racing & Developments
      Built. Tuned. Driven
      Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Re: DC2R & DC5R Weird Noises

Can anyone help me disgnose this? I don't know if it's abnormal as I usually have the aircon and music cranked up.

Basically a slight whining sound... only happens at or above 100kmph. In all gears afaik.

Attached is a clip. Not sure if you'll be able to tell but it's the slight whine in the background.

(Won't let me attach via tapatalk so will do when I get home)

Comment

Car: 02 DC5R
          Weird noise: Hovering sound when going 60km/h +
          Some info:
          Recently i put on wheels with 17x9+22 specs with 1.2 degree camber at the front with 215/45/17 tyres (yes i know they are stretched and will be replaced soon) and when i drive 60km/h or over i hear a hovering sound, not sure if normal or just paranoid me lol

All help will be appreciated

Comment

Bump for help pls

Comment

Sounds like it might just be noisy tyres. Try changing back to your stockies and seeing if you hear the same noises and check out the wear on the ones that you're currently running to see if theres anything abnormal happening to them.
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                Sounds like it might just be noisy tyres. Try changing back to your stockies and seeing if you hear the same noises and check out the wear on the ones that you're currently running to see if theres anything abnormal happening to them.
                Hmm I've had a friend tell me that it can be noisy tyre aswell because they're cheapo tyres that came with the rims when i got them. I just sold my stock wheels today but i never had an issue with them so i reckon just noisy tyres. Will be getting some good quality tyre soon

Comment

Car: DC5R

Noise: Parcel Shelf Rattling in the rear. Slowly driving me crazy, can't seem to make it stop :/

Comment

Where is it rattling? Where the arms hold it or where it clicks into the boot? Maybe some putty / blu-tack will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
                      Car: DC5R

Noise: Parcel Shelf Rattling in the rear. Slowly driving me crazy, can't seem to make it stop :/
                      Maybe you're missing one of the rubber grommets that fits into the hatch that the parcel shelf slips into, part number 2 in this diagram: LINK. I lost one of mine and my parcel shelf rattled so much that I took it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        Maybe you're missing one of the rubber grommets that fits into the hatch that the parcel shelf slips into, part number 2 in this diagram: LINK. I lost one of mine and my parcel shelf rattled so much that I took it out.
                        I'll check it out when I head out to my car this morning

Comment

I have this rattle noise coming from my cluster region, it happens between 40-80km's and above that there's no rattle. I removed the plastics above and below the steering wheel that stopped the rattle for like 2 days and now its back and absolutely pissing me off. Pls help me

Comment

Had the same. Chucked some foam in the plastic above steering wheel , fixed it =p (I used a kitchen sponge)

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
                              Had the same. Chucked some foam in the plastic above steering wheel , fixed it =p (I used a kitchen sponge)
                              I'll try that out Preet, Thanks mate!!

Comment

Ok so when I take a hard or sudden left I can hear a noise from my front right wheel. It sounds like metal rubbing on something? Like if you got a metal disk, spun it and rubbed it against another piece of metal. The noise last as long as I make the turn and then when I ease off or turn the wheel straight again it stops. I notice sometimes there's a knock that comes from the front right wheel to when I turn. What could this noise be?

My wheels fit fine. I'm running 17x7.5 +45 on 215/45/17 with Standard shocks and springs so there's plenty of room to clear the guards etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X