No announcement yet.

BlackDC5R build-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can get the P'n'P AEM EMS [30-1070] for $2250 and the P'n'P AEM EMS [30-1070U] (with wideband o2) for $2550

i can get the HKS Fcon Pro ECU [42012-AK001] for $2150 and the DC5/EP3 adaptor harness [4202-RH008] for $400

i would NOT recommend the HKS unit as no one would be able to tune it for you in SA...

will take 2-3 weeks to land after full payment.
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by RichyR View Post
      Why do you want staggered front/rear tyre/wheel combination? probably muck up the balance of the car and it's illegal.

All the traders on this forum will be able to source you the parts.
      Illegal? Not according to the Queensland Department of Transport. Probably not illegal Australia wide. There are many regulations regarding wheel/tyre combinations with regards to standard height/width/tracking etc, but the design rule book clearly states that each "axle" (singular, not plural) ("axle" - a throwback to cars and trucks built many years ago) must have the same size rims and tyres, but no mention that the front and rear "axles" must have the same tyres and rims. I'll catch up with a cousin of mine that is an auto compliance engineer and just check the Australian Design rule regulations again. If there are other more knowledged engineers out there, I am happy to be corrected.

By the way, I run bigger tyres and rims on the front than on the rear.

Comment

the new National modification rules about wheels/tyres are here:

http://www.dotars.gov.au/roads/safet...g_3Feb2006.pdf

page 14 onwards...

see here:

http://www.dotars.gov.au/roads/safet.../vsb_ncop.aspx

for the full list of requirements...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
          A few questions though.
          Why do i see some engine mount kits only have 2 or 3 mounts when there are four on the car?
          You see kits with three as most only change the front & the sides or the rear & the sides

Why do most people on here bag the Mugen N1 ecu in favour of the Hondata, as i see it a hassle to send my ecu off to be modified, leaving my car undrivable, also when i see the top tuners in Japan have used the Mugen ecu, like M&M Honda, Techno Pro Spirit etc.
          Because they want optimum results. Pretuned ECU's only work when you stick to the prescribed combination, stray from that & they're not so good at all

Does anyone have the TODA exhaust manifold, and does it bolt up easilt to an Amuse exhaust, or is it a bit of modification? p.s. i know it doesnt have a cat, but i recycle, so i deserve to be able to blow flames out the back
          Straight bolt up, no issue

Also what are the best camshafts to go for? I'd love to see 9k rpm easily, are there any that do this and still idle properly?
          But you want a Mugen ECU, so they won't work ???
          Edit - my bad, you want something other than Hondata.
          Last edited by TODA AU; 28-04-07, 10:23 PM.
          TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
          TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
          Official Australian Distributors
          Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

cheers, I'll look around Adelaide and see if there is anyone decent who can tune the AEM

and thanks TodaAU i'll be in touch soon to order the parts

Comment

Don't buy AEM You can use A/C if you get one.

Other choice will be motec or autronic.

Comment

autronic i believe is only wirein tyupe for the Dc5.. but they have a PnP for the Integra Dc2 and civic Vtir or anything with a B series engine i think..
                Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                Originally posted by tinkerbell
                if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

ok, my car will be out of the panel shop next week, just got the new prototype C-West front bar with the carbon canards.

They sent over a Carbing 6 point front under brace and a two point rear one.

White line just delivered the 24mm adjustable sway bars and front camber adjusting bolts.

Fitted the Buddy Club short shifter, and it is soooooooo sweet

The Hondata intake manifold gasket just arrived too, along with the 24 row oil cooler kit.

um, what else...

oh, oil breather is waiting to be fitted...

The Carbing 4 point aluminium front and rear strut bars are on their way, should only be about 6 weeks to arrive though...

I bought a Mugen replica carbon fiber hood, but it didnt fit very well, so i have already sold it and... wait for it...

still wait for it....

I finally got my hands on a genuine one!

It cost me almost four grand, with all the taxes i had to pay importing it, but is soooooo sweet!

Fitted the Innovative engine mounts... ha ha ha, ordered the race versions, and they are insane!!!

The whole car shakes when the engine is on or driving, they are like solid mounts, i kid you not...

I think thats about it for what i've done right now, I'll post some pics over the next week showing them... well actually it might be about two weeks, because i need my car out of the panel shop wednesday, then need to have the suspension parts and engine parts fitted, so i'll post them as soon as they are all on.
                  Last edited by tinkerbell; 24-06-07, 11:08 PM. Reason: saving your ass.

Comment

Damn, it sounds like you got a heap of nice parts . Sounds like your happy with them too. Be sure to post up pics as soon as possible.

Comment

laser jammers.....COOOOOL!
                      i didn't know u could get mobile camera detectors????
                      Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                      "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                      sigpic
                      itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                      send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

awesome!

we want pics!
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

sounds like you are doing well and enjoying the process......whats ur next mods on ur list? and like felixR said....we want pics.......

Originally posted by dazDC5s View Post
                          laser jammers.....COOOOOL!
                          i didn't know u could get mobile camera detectors????
                          Lets do a group buy of it.... Tinker.....I'm just kidding.....lol
                          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                          1)ブレーキを踏む
                          2)クラッチを切る
                          3)シフトダウンしなから、
                            アクセルをぶかす
                          4)クラッチをつなぐ
                          :blah:
                          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

a few pics

ok guys, here are a few pics, I'll take the pics of the rest and more of the whole car as soon as i can, but here are some in the mean time...

p.s. the mods i listed under the pics have totally transformed the car into a driving dream, i cant wait for the rest to come...

so here are the mods so far, I'll get the pics up asap

Current modifications installed:

Carbing 6 point front under brace
                            Carbing 2 point rear under brace
                            Whiteline 24mm adjustable front and rear sway bars
                            Whiteline front camber adjusting bolts
                            Genuine Mugen Carbong Fiber hood
                            Genuine C-West Prototype version 2 front bar (carbon canards not installed yet)
                            Earth grounding kit
                            Hondata modified air box
                            Buddy Club short shifter
                            Speed source metal shifter link bushes
                            Innovative racing engine mounts

Modifications waiting for installation:

22 row oil cooler
                            Cusco oil catch can
                            Hondata intake manifold gasket

Modifications in the future:

Mugen rear mid bar
                            Carbing front and rear 4 point strut braces
                            Toda racing exhaust manifold
                            Power House Amuse Titanium R1000 racing exhaust
                            AEM ECU
                            TODA Camshafts
                            Carbon rear hatch, spoiler, doors and front quarter panels
                            Work Volk Racing 17'' GTV wheels w/ Bridgestone RE055s Semi-Slicks
                            Red rocker cover
                            Xenon headlights
                            Carbon full under-body and rear diffuser
                            Brembo brakes
                            Braided brake lines

Comment

i goto ask.. your spending so much dosh on things like AEm Ecu Toda headers Brembo Brakes Amuse R1000 Titan. yada yada.. but why only doing a hondata Airbox mod? any reason behind the mod instead of like Mugen airbox or, Gruppe M, or even a simple INjen?
                              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                              Originally posted by tinkerbell
                              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

its a very obvious reason why i did the Hondata air box mod. Its a NA engine

On a turbo car, it wouldn't matter what type of intake you put on, such as the Mugen, but none of the after market intakes have RESONATORS on them.

Taking away a resonator will cause a power loss because the combustion chambers will not be filled as efficiently as when the air traveling to them is tuned at a certain vibration with a resonator.

So i looked at the intake side of things, along with most of the best tuned DC5's in Japan, and saw that the perfect setup is the stock air box with a high grade foam air filter.

So thats my choice, not to get a Mugen airbox that would act like an ice-cream scoop with my front bar and hydro-lock my engine when driving in the rain.

As for the Amuse exhaust, im, just after the lightest version they make with little to no mufflers, similar to the nuts one Buddy Club make.

Comment

Working...
                                X