X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
    check out hondatech.com.au
    a lot of hondata info is on that site.

IMO, you have chosen some quality goods and you have done a bit of homework before your selection.

I would save some money on the mugen strut bars and go a cheaper alternative. I really don't think that strut bars do much in the real world. I have 2 spoon bars and I track my bitch up. I can't tell shit all diff.

Look into the SSR header too. I have read that it outperforms the TODA header.
    Same goes with IPS cams vs TODA cams.
    The TODA front sway is a bit too thick for my liking.
    There are cheaper alternatives to Brembos and are more effective. Search around for Stoptech and Wilwood.
    If you want to stay somewhat legal, instead of the mugen brake lines, get some Russel lines from Competition Friction in Canberra. They are ADR approved.

Koifish is OFF THE WALL!

ummmm, dude, if you havent already worked out - money seems to be no object to this bloke
    ... retired/

Comment

Sif go for the over rated mugen.

Go carbing 4 point strut!!!!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

If money is not an issue. Look at products outside of JDM market.

Brakes
        AP Racing
        Alcon
        Baer
        Stoptech
        Rotora
        Wilwood
        Project Mu
        Endless

Suspensions
        Ohlins
        Moton
        Penske
        DMS
        JRZ
        Zeal

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          ummmm, dude, if you havent already worked out - money seems to be no object to this bloke
          The only thing that I have cheaped out on in my suggestions are the strut bars. IMHO a strut bar is a strut bar and I would be willing to bet my 3rd testical (if I had one) that no-one on this board can feel the difference between any strut bar. Unless the thread starter is into Bling.. if so I have nothing to comment on this thread.
          The Wilwoods and Stoptech brakes will be cheaper but IMO will outperform the brembos so its a win win. Again if he is into name brands... no comment.

Comment

fair points
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
              we love hyperrev

Hey, what kind of gold wheels are they on that white DC5R in the back? ... i think they'll look great on my DC2R!!
              ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
              - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

euger = it's a Advan TC2 in gold

Comment

Well i want as many Mugen parts on my car as possible... why?

Well, "blush", bling factor... and the fact that Mugen parts are VERY high quality, along with their extensive race collaboration with Honda... so they must be doing something right.

Ohlins suspension, well yeah even if i sold both my diamond encrusted nuts, i still wouldn't have enough for them considering the rest of the parts im putting on the car.

The Mugen parts would go nicely with the full Mugen kit im putting on the car too.

Ok, i didn't realize that he Hondata was such a head-f**k... so I'll look at finding a HKS-Fcon V, which i have no idea where to find

but if anyone knows of any other engine management system, which doesnt require complete rewiring on the engine bay, like the Motec, let me know.

And can someone point me in the direction or those headers and cams someone pointed out earlier... website and stats etc. along with which ones to choose for 9000rpm and normal idle
                  Last edited by BlackDC5R; 24-04-07, 01:28 AM.

Comment

If your going to deck your car out with mugen might as well get their ecu too.
                    Plug and play

Comment

mugen also produce a coilover for the dc5 if you are interested.
                      what part of the hondata chip are you concerned about?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post

Ok, i didn't realize that he Hondata was such a head-f**k... so I'll look at finding a HKS-Fcon V, which i have no idea where to find
                        oh, didnt realise it had to be plug and play...

in that case - have you thought of the AEM? it is plug and play... i can get these, as well as the HKS Fcon... i will get you a price for both asap...

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=62

Last edited by tinkerbell; 24-04-07, 10:01 AM.
                        ... retired/

Comment

mugen has two coilovers

one is the non height adjustable "coilovers"

one is the n1 coilovers which isnt really purchasable by retail customers. Only people with race credentials can purchase them.

WE WANT PICS OF YOUR CAR, NO PICS NO CARE

Comment

WE WANT PICS OF YOUR CAR, NO PICS NO CARE

Comment

one is the n1 coilovers which isnt really purchasable by retail customers. Only people with race credentials can purchase them.
                              There must be someway to get a hold of them!

Comment

yeah if you have the right contacts but they are priced around 5k anyways

Comment

Working...
                                X