Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlackDC5R build-up

First of all hi guys!

I've only got a few months of warranty left on my Aus spec DC5R so its finally time to start building it how i wanted to back when i bought it.

It was the very last R delivered into the country, so i counted myself lucky just to get my hands on one brand new.

I needed it new just because i know how much type R owners thrash the hell out of them, especially now that I've seen how badly I've treaded mine! lol

Well since i refused to fit a genuine flywheel and clutch, opting for a Cusco flywheel and custom clutch kit from Xtreme with no center springs, I've waved goodbye to my drive train warranty, not so good as last week while sending some crappy road tires to the golden gates, ready to put back on some RE55s', I blew the front right engine mount to the next postcode!

I have the Hyper Rev Integra R catalogue #3, but have no idea on how to source the products i need...

Hopefully you guys can lend a helping hand on prices and providers here in Aus on getting the following list.

Also if you can give me feedback on the questions below the list

1.Mugen (or same quality) full engine and tranny mounting kit to replace the crap stock ones

2. Amuse R1 or R1000 Ti exhaust

3. TODA exhaust manifold

4. Mugen N1 Ecu

5. Tein coilovers

6. Mugen Strut Towers (F&R)

7. F&R TODA sway bars for non-JDM

8. Sustec Underbrace to hook rear cradle to mid-chassis

9. Master cylinder brace

10. Mugen braided brake lines

11. Gruppe M carbon intake air box

12. Full Brembo Brakes

13. Toda camshafts and cam gears (Vtec retained)

14. Mugen supercharger Kit

Apart from the supercharger kit, which im still wondering if i should get it, im pretty much after getting these all at once so i can just put it into the workshop for a day or two before driving it as a finished package.

A few questions though.

Why do i see some engine mount kits only have 2 or 3 mounts when there are four on the car?

Why do most people on here bag the Mugen N1 ecu in favour of the Hondata, as i see it a hassle to send my ecu off to be modified, leaving my car undrivable, also when i see the top tuners in Japan have used the Mugen ecu, like M&M Honda, Techno Pro Spirit etc.

Does anyone have the TODA exhaust manifold, and does it bolt up easilt to an Amuse exhaust, or is it a bit of modification? p.s. i know it doesnt have a cat, but i recycle, so i deserve to be able to blow flames out the back

Which Tein product is the best if I'm using the car for street/track?

Also what are the best camshafts to go for? I'd love to see 9k rpm easily, are there any that do this and still idle properly? and what sort of power are we talking? I need aprox. a 250hp package for hill climbing, as my best friend just bought a R34 GTT that he's boosting to 230kw atw, but i hate Nissans with a passion and really want to destroy him and show him, and his over inflated ego, that his car is no better than a Rex or S15, no where near on par with a Type R, when we go racing on the weekends.

Any help and feedback would be great,

Cheers,

Mark

oh, forgot an important few questions...

I've done 40k km so i think my LSD will be gone soon, so whats the best one to go for and where can i source it?

And what are the lightest 17'' wheels that can suit 245 front and 215 rear tires? And how much ( $'s and weight) and again where to source them/

Also has anyone found a motorbike-type mirror kit with a carbon panel to flush where the original ones go?

And i've heard a few people complain about 2nd gear clashing on full launch... is there a fix for this? i know its not the syncro, because if i take it up to 1st limiter slowly then quickly shift it doesn't clash, so is it a bush on the shifter or something similar?

Thanks

Comment

JDM Yard.

Pictures of your Ride?
      Last edited by M a i k e r u; 18-04-07, 03:46 AM.

Comment

You must be driving it very hard to have to replace the LSD.

I think most people will ask whats your location and try JDMYard as they can source most of the stuff you have.

Nice set of mods your chasing. Hope you have fun with it all and most important post some PICS

BTW Welcome to ClubITR.

Comment

Why do you want staggered front/rear tyre/wheel combination? probably muck up the balance of the car and it's illegal.

All the traders on this forum will be able to source you the parts.
          CARSFORHOPE

Comment

just contact www.jdmyard.com

they are located in Sydney and can source all the things you are after, and give you some good advise.

Comment

I have to ask..

Umm you said you are going the Mugen ECu? if you did decide on the Mugen Supercharger does the Mugen Ecu Comes with a tune that works with the Mugen Supercharger?

not that its a bad thing but Mugen Ecu are generally well.. NON Tunable, where as (not that i own one) Hondata is?

also umm.. any reason behind Opting for the Mugen SUpercharger over lets say a Jacksons Racing?

also as a side note.. i didnt know the Mugen Ecu came Tuned to handle Toda cams.. i thought u had to use practically everything Mugen to get benefits from the mugen Ecu..
              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
              Originally posted by tinkerbell
              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

OK guys, i think we got the "contact JDMyard" bit covered, now back to the other issues:

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post

Why do i see some engine mount kits only have 2 or 3 mounts when there are four on the car?

Why do most people on here bag the Mugen N1 ecu in favour of the Hondata, as i see it a hassle to send my ecu off to be modified, leaving my car undrivable, also when i see the top tuners in Japan have used the Mugen ecu, like M&M Honda, Techno Pro Spirit etc.

Does anyone have the TODA exhaust manifold, and does it bolt up easilt to an Amuse exhaust, or is it a bit of modification? p.s. i know it doesnt have a cat, but i recycle, so i deserve to be able to blow flames out the back pls run a cat - they come with cat if you buy from Toda AU

Which Tein product is the best if I'm using the car for street/track?

Also what are the best camshafts to go for?

I'd love to see 9k rpm easily, are there any that do this and still idle properly?

and what sort of power are we talking?

I need aprox. a 250hp package for hill climbing, as my best friend just bought a R34 GTT that he's boosting to 230kw atw, but i hate Nissans with a passion and really want to destroy him and show him, and his over inflated ego, that his car is no better than a Rex or S15, no where near on par with a Type R, when we go racing on the weekends.
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                  not that its a bad thing but Mugen Ecu are generally well.. NON Tunable, where as (not that i own one) Hondata is tunable?
                  that's about right

with such extreme plans - you want as much tunability as possible - i suggested going for a Motec ECU to reach your power goals reliably...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Umm also..

did Toda Make a front and rear Sway bar kit?

i cant find one on the jap website?
                    Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

it sounds like you looked up the specs of a car on hyper rev and literally copied it.

There are a few smart things you have adopted, however depending on your experience with dc5r i would go slightly slower with the mods.

It is impossible for us to give you recommendations when you haven't provided information such as how many times you track a year etc.

Mugen ecu is good however with a good tuner *and i emphesis good tuner strongly* the hondata should be better in pretty much all aspects but money and time required.

Comment

One of the forum memebers has a Mugen ECU for a DC5R for sale and I believe he's asking $1300 for it. (RRP $1700)

As far as I know, the ECU is discontinued and there are only a handful in Australia.
                        Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                          Umm also..

did Toda Make a front and rear Sway bar kit?

i cant find one on the jap website?
                          yeah im pretty sure they dont make sway bar kits for the DC5, and also, you said "for Aus DC5, not Jap spec" well that wouldnt work anyway because you need to get the front swap bar to suit a Jap spec header to clear the Toda header you wanted to get...something like the EP3 sway bar or cusco would work...

Comment

Refer to this image for the tein setup which suits you

Comment

Originally posted by Leslie R View Post
                              yeah im pretty sure they dont make sway bar kits for the DC5, and also, you said "for Aus DC5, not Jap spec" well that wouldnt work anyway because you need to get the front swap bar to suit a Jap spec header to clear the Toda header you wanted to get...something like the EP3 sway bar or cusco would work...

ohh yeh i completely forgot he had to clear the toda headers as well..

So you will need a jap Sway bar.. yeh cusco.. i think my friend is going that path too..
                              Memorable quotes

Comment

Working...
                              X