No announcement yet.

BlackDC5R build-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i saw toda advertising toda sways.

It could have just been toda rebranding whiteline kits. NFI ask adrian i guess
    Last edited by Jingers; 18-04-07, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leslie R View Post
      yeah im pretty sure they dont make sway bar kits for the DC5, and also, you said "for Aus DC5, not Jap spec" well that wouldnt work anyway because you need to get the front swap bar to suit a Jap spec header to clear the Toda header you wanted to get...something like the EP3 sway bar or cusco would work...
      the OP said he wanted to get 'Full Brembo brakes', which could be referring to the JDM DC5R brembos. in that case, it would be more economical to just get all the bits and pieces required off a jdm dc5r to save time and $ further down the track when the brakes go in.
      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Mugen has a supercharger for the k20???
        nice plans...definately would be one hot car when done.

Comment

very nice plans I must say.. looking forward to seeing WIP and the final product.. if theres one!
          g
          [ BBU66Z ]
          g
          Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

are you only after Tein coilovers? I would say go for Buddyclub N+ imo

otherwise Tein Flex
            Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
            sigpic
            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Please check out the vendor section.
              Toda have a full exhaust package that INCLUDES cat.
              Also BEL Garage have Maxum headers at reasonable prices.

Talk to the vendors first.
              They are all located in Australia and most importantly, they support the forum when we have events.

PS. Running on public roads without a cat is illegal.
              happyhong says:
              aus only have 3 r
              happyhong says:
              civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

we love hyperrev

Attached Files

Comment

give it a few months n you'll get over doing so much...
                  you'll end up thinking wtf... why didn't i just get a (i.e. 350z etc.)

if you've got handfull of money i still wouldn't see why you want to spend so much on a DC5R anyway!?
                  www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

thanks guys for the help so far... but first...

SUZUKA-R... i don't mean to start a flame war or anything, but a 350Z!? ha ha ha! i wouldn't be caught dead in one!

I used to work as a mechanic for the Ferrari dealership in Adelaide, so i have driven almost every exotic car, including every Ferrari (except the F40,50 and Enzo) $3 million dollar one off Lambos, Porches, Masserati's etc.

And the most rewarding drivers car under $120,000 is by far the type-r

I'm only doing these mods until I get a supercharged Lotus Exige, which will only be a weekend car.

I think the mods are very tame, as im only chasing 250hp, or 350 with the supercharger.

Anyway...

So the bulk of my questions have been answered, i just have to chase a K-Pro,

Find a TODA dealer (i tried to use Japanese Motorsports in Adelaide but they had too many problems getting me the parts from Japan and ended up getting me a DC2 flywheel and clutch kit after waiting a month)

Find someone in Adelaide to tune the K-Pro (Yell out if anyone knows anyone)

etc.

Thanks, and im sure I'll hit some snags along the way and yell out for some more help. Cheers for the help. I've found it almost impossible to find anyone who knows anything about type-r's until now

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
                      thanks guys for the help so far...

Find a TODA dealer (i tried to use Japanese Motorsports in Adelaide but they had too many problems getting me the parts from Japan and ended up getting me a DC2 flywheel and clutch kit after waiting a month)
                      if you had bothered to read everyone posts, you would have realised we have a vendors section, where the Toda Australia Distributor's details exist...
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
                        PS. Running on public roads without a cat is illegal.
                        I don`t think it would matter if their was one less cat on a road going car.
                        Just recycle more and do your bit for the enviroment in other ways.
                        Last edited by Irish R; 23-04-07, 12:56 AM.

Comment

ok tried to look everywhere in the VENDORS section for where to get a K-Pro in Adelaide and where to get it tuned, also what price and the turn around time... can someone please point me in the right direction?

I just ordered a quote from a guy in the US who imports from Japan real cheap the following...

innovative billet engine mount kit for the 02+ RSX Grey 85 stiffness" and the

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...h_1942_3775257

"TODA 25mm Front sway bar for non JDM type r to clear the headers."

and Hondata Intake manifold gasket for the K20a,

the TODA racing exhaust manifold for the DC5 type r

and the Amuse Ti exhaust you pictured before,

and Mugen front and rear tower bars,

with a Cusco rear sway bar.

Also the Gruppe M air box

and the Buddy Club K-Series Racing Spec Short Shifter

i'll wait for the suspension as i don't know what type to get as i still daily drive it and i've hear that there is a kit that helps with the bump steer issue.

also i heard that there are some people who have issues with second gear clashing on "full launch" if there is anyone who knows what part to get to fix this please yell out.

So what do you guys think of this combo of mods? (p i already have thwe most extreme lightweight flywheel and clutch possible, as i had them cusom made as a three puck with no center springs to reduce rotational weight)

I still have no idea of camshaft selection, as i dont know if choosing ones that remove the "I" in I-VTEC would be any good, as i have heard that as soon as you put in cam gears to dial in the new camshafts require this... or what cams to go for is i want to rev the engine nicely to 9000rpm, with a normal idle.

But again, can someone please direct me to where i can get a K-Pro and Tuned in Adelaide or even if it comes with a base map that i can drive to Melbourne to get tuned.

Thanks

Comment

check out hondatech.com.au
                            a lot of hondata info is on that site.

IMO, you have chosen some quality goods and you have done a bit of homework before your selection.

I would save some money on the mugen strut bars and go a cheaper alternative. I really don't think that strut bars do much in the real world. I have 2 spoon bars and I track my bitch up. I can't tell shit all diff.

Look into the SSR header too. I have read that it outperforms the TODA header.
                            Same goes with IPS cams vs TODA cams.
                            The TODA front sway is a bit too thick for my liking.
                            There are cheaper alternatives to Brembos and are more effective. Search around for Stoptech and Wilwood.
                            If you want to stay somewhat legal, instead of the mugen brake lines, get some Russel lines from Competition Friction in Canberra. They are ADR approved.

Koifish is OFF THE WALL!

Comment

so blackdc5r what have you done to your car so far?

Comment

seriously, instead of a KPro - get a Motec - many more people can tune it - you are not going to be locked into a single tuner based in Melbourne...

i.e. if you are not happy with the Motec tuner, you can take it to someone else,

but with KPro - you are locked in, and would have to pay for the tuners flights to melbourne and back every time you needed ECU work done...

this aspect *should* be a major factor in choosing an ECU, not just the features... particluarly in South Australia...
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X