No announcement yet.

BlackDC5R build-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mugen airbox wont hydrolock your car when it rains....thats what the drain hole is for on the bottom of the intake, you have a much higher change hydrolocking your car with stock box > mugen or gruppem

z10 says:
    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
    z10 says:
    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
      Taking away a resonator will cause a power loss because the combustion chambers will not be filled as efficiently as when the air traveling to them is tuned at a certain vibration with a resonator.
      I would have thought that at least GroupM would have got it right in producing an intake which helps the car produce more power.
      Last edited by mugsee; 04-07-07, 02:31 PM.
      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

its a very obvious reason why i did the Hondata air box mod. Its a NA engine

On a turbo car, it wouldn't matter what type of intake you put on, such as the Mugen, but none of the after market intakes have RESONATORS on them.

Taking away a resonator will cause a power loss because the combustion chambers will not be filled as efficiently as when the air traveling to them is tuned at a certain vibration with a resonator.

So i looked at the intake side of things, along with most of the best tuned DC5's in Japan, and saw that the perfect setup is the stock air box with a high grade foam air filter.

So thats my choice, not to get a Mugen airbox that would act like an ice-cream scoop with my front bar and hydro-lock my engine when driving in the rain.

As for the Amuse exhaust, im, just after the lightest version they make with little to no mufflers, similar to the nuts one Buddy Club make.
        did it ocure to you in any mirical that maybe they are running stock airbox for race regulation purposes?

so any actions to your extensive list yet?
        Last edited by Jingers; 04-07-07, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Stock airbox/Hondata mod not best for DC5... research clubrsx and clubitr.
          http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Besides, doesn't the Hondata mod cut away the resonator inside the stock airbox? I thought you were trying to keep the resonator to promote more power...?
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

its a very obvious reason why i did the Hondata air box mod. Its a NA engine

On a turbo car, it wouldn't matter what type of intake you put on, such as the Mugen, but none of the after market intakes have RESONATORS on them.

So i looked at the intake side of things, along with most of the best tuned DC5's in Japan, and saw that the perfect setup is the stock air box with a high grade foam air filter.

So thats my choice, not to get a Mugen airbox that would act like an ice-cream scoop with my front bar and hydro-lock my engine when driving in the rain.

As for the Amuse exhaust, im, just after the lightest version they make with little to no mufflers, similar to the nuts one Buddy Club make.
              actually after all that i still didnt get my answer?

And Re hydrolock? umm wtf? its very hard to hydrolock your car even with an Injen half submerged in water.

and in the end with a hondata Airbox mod (granted i wouldent mine trying itout)

and also hydrolock is a Urban Myth i still havent seen it happen unless u drive into a lake. and even Jeremy Clarkston did that to the Hilux left it in the ocean for a day the dug it out and it still worked =P..
              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
              Originally posted by tinkerbell
              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

man, you guys are fucking harsh!

the process of car modification is not always a clear path...

you sometimes need to make your own mistakes to learn from them...

if a person makes a choice based on what they believe to be the most relevant factors to them, then it is not up to you to deride their choice because you think you know better...

the process of education begins with EVIDENCE...

BlackDC5R is not going to listen to anyone yet - he has his evidence ("best tuned DC5's in Japan), but you guys have produced none!
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  man, you guys are fucking harsh!

the process of car modification is not always a clear path...

you sometimes need to make your own mistakes to learn from them...

if a person makes a choice based on what they believe to be the most relevant factors to them, then it is not up to you to deride their choice because you think you know better...

the process of education begins with EVIDENCE...

BlackDC5R is not going to listen to anyone yet - he has his evidence ("best tuned DC5's in Japan), but you guys have produced none!
                  lets start on that best dc5's in japan. I assume the fastest....

Turbo top fuel dc5. Ok cross that one out.

Whats next? Jun dc5. oh wait, custom airbox, and its not restricted to race regulations since its a time attack car.

What else is left? Super taikyu dc5's which run stock airboxes. Again for n1 endurance restrictions. It is possible and likely that blackdc5r saw it in hyper rev and thought those best ones run stock airboxes? To which i would just like to say not everything from hyper rev that looks nice is the best i guess. There are many non jdm parts which is great. It is up to the user to research those claims of the best before he claims it to be the best.

further on there is no proof that the race car even hacks up the internals of the airbox. Or vice versa it could be hacked up completly. Again no evidence there.
                  Last edited by Jingers; 04-07-07, 03:07 PM.

Comment

DC5 RSX Intake Dyno comparo

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=72239

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=24

http://performance.clubrsx.com/dyno/...6-03-Dyno5.jpg

Injen Cold Air far superior to stock or any stockbox mods you could make.

Also intake resonators are usually for NVH purposes not performance.
                    http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                      further on there is no proof that the race car even hacks up the internals of the airbox. Or vice versa it could be hacked up completly.
                      so you are sayiong that unless it said "hondata airbox mod" then just by seeing the factory airbox is highly spurious reasoning...

hmmmm, i'm inclined to agree...
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by chuck View Post
                        DC5 RSX Intake Dyno comparo

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=72239

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=24

http://performance.clubrsx.com/dyno/...6-03-Dyno5.jpg

Injen Cold Air far superior to stock or any stockbox mods you could make.

Also intake resonators are usually for NVH purposes not performance.
                        ahhh, that's what im talking about...

some evidence to back up your/our comments for this thread...

... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman
                          someone from syd back in crsx days hydrolock his dc5...think he got a new engine...can't remember
                          He hydrolocked his car with the Mugen air intake? with the Mugen Front BAR?

am i the only one that would find it near imposible to get a Mugen Air intake Submersed in Water deap enough to hydrolock? DC5 mugen airbox do still take air from the front bar right?

and you cant call me Bias, anyone that knows me in melb will tell you im the most anti Mugen person there is ^_^
                          Last edited by Wlee2; 04-07-07, 03:51 PM.
                          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                          Originally posted by tinkerbell
                          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

mugen bonnet, sri intake :P

but the water didn't go in front the mugen vents, it got in from somewhere else

there is no way to hydolock mugen or gruppem intake box...becasue theres a drain hold on the bottom. i even tried hosing the mugen bar with a hose and right in the vent while car was running and it didn't hydrolock

z10 says:
                            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                            z10 says:
                            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by air23box
                              Did someone delete my post..seems it been delete for some reason.......
                              i deleted it - it was boarderline 'off topic'.

this thread is about BlackDC5R's build up.

not hydrolocking.

not mugen intakes.

not rofl@noob.

OK?
                              ... retired/

Comment

Ok, tracking down the parts from the states now...

Some of the parts are carbon doors, fenders, mirrors, rear bar, hatch and wing.

Its a tricky one when it comes to suspension though, I have my eye on BuddyClub N+ coil-overs... I'll need to do some homework on what other people have commented on various choices.

Here are some decent pics of the fromt bar and hood finally.

More pics to come soon of the bracing and sway bars under the car, just waiting to put it on a hoist.

Comment

Working...
                                X