• Time
  • Show
Clear All

any know of a decent GB oil for dc2?

Comment

OEM GB oil lol

Comment

Redline MTL http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1019-red...0w-80-gl4.aspx

this is supposedly perfect gearbox oil for the dc2 box,i just used the honda gb oil i think it came to about £36 and i think using this redline its a bit more expensive.
        im not sure on mileage change but i shall find out i think i good routine is between 40-60k but as i said i dont know and shll find out and re post on here.

Comment

I change my gb oil every 20,000kms street driving only though.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by justinfox
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
            OEM GB oil lol
            this man speaks the truth!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

redline FTW
              Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
              http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

just thought i would throw up a couple of pics of the car there not great car was a bit dirty but stopped off at some nice places and had my cam with me! haven't put any proper pic's up since i first got her hope you like.

Last edited by chris_82; 02-08-10, 10:32 PM.

Comment

nice pics! did you change the engine oil filter as well ? hate changing mine bloody messy !

Comment

nope didnt do the oil filter this time round i do it on every other change. yeah can be a bit messy u just have to prep everything and make sure u get sorted before the mess insues!lol

Comment

well has been awhile since i posted anything up but have been doing a few bits in the background been a bit busy!
                      so i got my new rocker cover through the post and can i just say the rocker cover came out lovely and well packaged i would recomend spooner's productions to anyone thanks again matey.
                      8) :wink:
                      my rocker cover and new gasket:

so with getting the new rocker i decided it was time to give the engine bay a real good clean up so i began by buying this:

[b]And at 3.99 i thought it was a bargain i still have just under a half bottle left!
                      i got some brushes in varying sizes also for all those nook and crannys! what made it harder was when i had the car wax oiled he also did the engine bay and bonnet but the auto glym engine cleaner really did make light work of this.
                      so here was my bay before i started:

Comment

So after some good scrubbing and couple of tins of the good ol elbow grease (really was not that hard! like to make it sound harder! :lol
                        here where my results:

Comment

After the cleaning process i took the rocker cover off and put the new rocker cover seal and rocker cover on.

new rubber/ metal washers,and new chrome bolts ready to go on.
                          new rocker cover on and pic of engine bay now:

I know i gotta do the heat shield next hopefully this weekend! so what u guys/ gals think then? sorry for the million photos! :lol: :lol:

Comment

well i started to look around the exterior and got some quotes for some of the work i wanted doing and got a little carried away and booked her in for a full respray!! and was booked in for three weeks time......well my sprayer phoned me yesterday to let me know that she is going in on wed!! so i decided to get a few bits stripped ready for her going in so took this lot off:

So put these in the back of the car ready for tomorrow for spraying

wasnt happy about getting my boot dirty! hahahahaha

i wanted these few bits doing:

overall not massive amounts of rust but i wanted to rid the car of it as much as i could had a scratch on the door,bit of rust on the bonnet coming through some bubbling on the rear quarter small area,and a little showing on the rear drives lower arch after looking at getting the work done and getting quotes with all the messing around of slightly flowing paint into other panels and so on and a possible mismatching of colours i decided to bite the bullet and just get a full respray on her...the girlfriend was exstatic about this!! :lol: :lol:
                            i wanted to take the side skirts off myself as i wanted to see what was underneath(plus i just like playing with my car and taking stuff apart!! :lol: :lol: )

Comment

I was quite happy with this as u can see the two pics of rust was the only rust i found behind there and was very much surface easy to remove rust and not much of it
                              I did remove the roof rails also and gotta admit i didnt like the look of this! :?

passanger rear side

drivers side rear

Is this normal!! i have read about it before but never thought the cracks would be that long! :?
                              but my sprayer said he would have a good look at it.
                              Also removed my front inner arches and too some pics of what she was looking like in there and was quite happy again wahooo
                              :lol:

well i will drop the car off tomorrow and will be leaving a camera with him so will hopefully get some pics i hope he takes some!!! fingers crossed!
                              will keep u all posted on how its going for those intrested

Comment

wow thats nice work engine bay looks great makes my car look like a tip. my girlfriend would divorce me if i said i wanted a new paint job. cant believe the rust even the vtec solenoid .

Comment

Working...
                                X