No announcement yet.

my dc2 1999 project tidy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I then removed the nut at the end of the mount there is also a washer behind this nut so be careful not to lose this if u havent bought a new one!
    shown here:

with the nut removed:

After this i then removed the two bolts holding up the mount onto the chassis which a re here:

with the mount now removed i pulled down (lightly) and the whole arm which the bush sits on cam down towards the floor abit aiding the removal of the old mount just sliding off the bracket i like this method as sropped me having to take off the whole mount and third giant bolt!!! :lol:
    shown here:

here is the mount removed with a little pressure on the mount u can CLEARLY see the amount of wear on it!!

old vs new!

the new mount and all new bolts,washer and end nut.(the two long nuts are from the main bracket remeber the third is still in the block!)

I slid the new mount onto the bracket end pushed the bracket back up i replaced the two long bolts back into the mounting bracket onto the engine hand screwing these in just to get location i then got the two new bolts(small ones) and bolted them up to get the mount in position, then slid the new washer on to the end (this has a flat piece so can on go on one way) then put the new nut on the end and tightened it up,I then went back and finished tightening up the large bolts.I dropped down the weight carrier for the box and engine(the big axle stand thingy!!!) checked everything and all seemed fine.

new mount and bolts, nuts in place:

I then replaced the plastic holding screws for the plastic under bumper guarding and lowered her down.

job done!!! hope i havent missed anything here if anyone needs any advice on doing this dont hesitate to ask.

so on the road, i have noticed my gear change to be alot smoother and power delivery to feel stronger if this makes any sense!! when vtec comes in feels like it pulls better may just be me wishing!!

next up interior cleaning!!!

Comment

so when i was doing the gearbox mount i noticed how dirty my bonnet was soooooo......

started a bit like this:

had started to clean it a little bit finally got it to this:

so the cleaning bug hit and i decided it was time to clean the front a rear seats!
      didnt expect much difference but thought i would give it a go and see what happened so this is how my front seats started out:

i used a product called armour all carpet and upholestry cleaner and came in a tub and was in wipe form i didnt think these would be enough to be honest to clean the real dirt off but due to seeing another member use these they looked good and i got too work with a tub of elbow grease and some sunshine to lift the spirit!

Comment

And here was the finished product:

Comment

sorry about the mass amount of pics!! well to say the least i was amazed with the results and was even happier when my friend popped over and thought i had just fitted a brand new interior into her!! :lol: :lol:
          hope u agree that i think it has done a wonderful job of cleaning up the seats and i highly recomend these wipes. 8)

next up is wheel refurb!
          i have the centre cap stickers on there way and the wheels are booked in for tuesday so shall update,slowly feeling like she is getting there now... as always the list shall never end! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Looks like the seats came up awesome. I was thinking of removing my seats and giving them a good clean. Maybe i'll try your method.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Your recaro's look awesome after! I think I'm going to give this a go today.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                Your recaro's look awesome after! I think I'm going to give this a go today.
                Yeah, I just bought the mothers equivalent today, will give it ago tomorrow and post my results up here if the OP doesn't mind..

Quote:
                You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

I tried this stuff today

http://www.polyglaze.com.au/products...y_cleaner.html

since I have it in my garage. Don't know if it really did a lot, then again I didn't put HEAPS of effort into it since I've tried it before and it didn't seem to do a lot. Did the OP use the wipes or the spray of armor all? Be good to see how the mothers one goes too!

Comment

Cheers for the comments guys, im real pleased with the results didnt think it would lift off all that proper shiny black dirt marks that happens on these seats was abit worried i was gonna have to buy new seat cuffs and all that!!can only see that being alot more expensive than some interior wipes!!hahahaha but with a bit of elbow grease and determination it removed all the marks and left a lovely red shine to the seat as my friend said to me when he came over after i had just finished "you put a new interior in there mate" hahahaha put a smile on my face.
                    looks like ive started a interior cleaning revolution!!! hahahaha yeah post ur results up here mate thats fine would be good to see the results that u achieve
                    The product i used was this:
                    http://www.autocruisers.co.uk/index....roducts_id=535
                    i got it from my local petrol station and cost i believe £3.99 a tub i did use about 3-4 tubs for all the seats but u could easily use less i just wanted to make sure if i was doing it and putting in all that effort i would do it properly,Also i found that the seats dried quite quickly too.

The Wipes i also found to have a decent amount of moisture that penetrated the cloth well and sudded up nicely but not too much.

hope this info helps if u need to know anything just ask!

more updates to come!
                    Last edited by chris_82; 09-06-10, 04:02 AM.

Comment

I tried this stuff today

http://www.polyglaze.com.au/products...y_cleaner.html

since I have it in my garage. Don't know if it really did a lot, then again I didn't put HEAPS of effort into it since I've tried it before and it didn't seem to do a lot. Did the OP use the wipes or the spray of armor all? Be good to see how the mothers one goes too!
                      i used the wipes mate,did use a few tubs though aye! u should take some pics so we can see how they've come up buddy would be good too be able to do a comparison between the three different products would be a good pointer for people who wanna clean there interiors.

Comment

Update on mine, it seems like it's actually adding stains. Not sure if it's just me though so I tried it on a little bit of un-stained area around the back and I'll let it dry and see if anything pops up there. Can't seem to find the wipes though, can only find General or Glass. Maybe they're just sold out.

Comment

Ok checked, doesn't "seem" to be. Maybe it's just amplifying the stains or I'm just not noticing. Either way time to try another product.

Comment

I fucking forgot to take pics of the before with mine... I was half way through doing it and remembered. Anyway, the mothers stuff worked well. Cleaned up the bolsters and seat fabric well. Mine weren't nearly as dirty as Chris's but still needed some lovin'. I'm going to give mine another go as well. The mothers instructions were to vaccum the area. Apply spray mist sparingly and work it in with a terry towel. Dry excess moisture with a terry towel and vaccum again.

Quote:

Comment

Ok checked, doesn't "seem" to be. Maybe it's just amplifying the stains or I'm just not noticing. Either way time to try another product.
                              yeah reckon ur right there!! glad it didnt leave any additional stains i was real careful with mine the seats being a suede material cleaners can leave the material hard and colourless sometime was abit worried when i started reading ur thread that this might of happaned happily it hasn't!

what u thinking of trying next?

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                                I fucking forgot to take pics of the before with mine... I was half way through doing it and remembered. Anyway, the mothers stuff worked well. Cleaned up the bolsters and seat fabric well. Mine weren't nearly as dirty as Chris's but still needed some lovin'. I'm going to give mine another go as well. The mothers instructions were to vaccum the area. Apply spray mist sparingly and work it in with a terry towel. Dry excess moisture with a terry towel and vaccum again.
                                yeah i always forget to bloody take pics have done so many things and forget to take pics!grrrrr

yeah mine where quite dirty so the change looks pretty dramatic to be honest,do u have any pics of h interior finished?does this cleaner make the seats quite wet or?

Comment

Working...
                                X