No announcement yet.

my dc2 1999 project tidy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey mate nice write up , very clean dc2r. did that rust occur due to salt on winter roads or is it a normal thing for dc2s to rust there ? any other rust spots that you know of?

Comment

Originally posted by KEVSY View Post
      hey mate nice write up , very clean dc2r. did that rust occur due to salt on winter roads or is it a normal thing for dc2s to rust there ? any other rust spots that you know of?
      It's more common in the US and Europe due to the conditions they go through year round.

Salty roads during the winter and the wet months they have are the cause.

Cars in Califronia and Aus tend to last longer without rust due to our drier salt free climate.

So not really a problem for our cars.
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
        It's more common in the US and Europe due to the conditions they go through year round.

Salty roads during the winter and the wet months they have are the cause.

Cars in Califronia and Aus tend to last longer without rust due to our drier salt free climate.

So not really a problem for our cars.
        thanks kavehman was dreading the thought i pulling my car apart.

Comment

this is a problem for ALL integras but will be less of a problem in the warmer countrys like mentioned,The problem is honads desighn of the sill at the back of the sill they have left a small slit hich allows water to gain entry into the sill its sits there and slowly rots the rear quarter out from the inside out!!
          so rust can be very bad with very little notice from the outside my rear quarters look perfect from the outside and have no rust on the car anywhere else but as u can see from the pics the dreaded rear sill slit problem had started but this should be fixed now and shall be filling up the slits this weekend.hope this helps a little.

cheers for the feedback is nice to have some incouragement whilist doing these things will be cecking out everyone elses rides too.

Comment

well after doing the front strut bar ends and liking the result 8) felt like it was time to do some more sprayin so decided to remove the rear bar in the boot which weighed about! 3000000 stone!! :lol: :lol: does this do alot for body rigidity or can it be removed with not much loss to handiling? just think it weighs soooo much would be better without for weight loss or even a lighter aftermarket product are these available or? anyways after a small gym style montage training session i removed the rear bar. :lol:

found this:

and thats the only excuse i needed! :lol: :lol:
            so began the sandown of the bar and wow they like to put thick paint on that bar i can tell ya!!
            all sanded down :

is quite hard to see the finished sanding due to the fact the bar was silver in the first place but removed all paint and cleaned off any residue ready for painting.so strung the bar up with the help of a 20 ton chain and a car as a counter weight!! :lol: :lol: and began the priming process.

as you can see the garage is lovely and clear and clean!!!!!:lol: the car is more worthy of my time at the moment!! 8) shall not be saying that to my missus though would like to keep my undercarriage thanks! :lol: :lol:
            all sprayed and finished:

and now installed:

i think it looks loads better than the silver it really stuck out when u opened the boot and now looks real suttle and blends in real nice with the colours of the boot i think it looks more oem than it was before if u know what i mean! :? :shock: :lol:
            so i now have a stealthy heavy as hell piece of metal in the boot!! :lol: :lol: 8)
            what u think?

Comment

nice work looks great , now youll have to do the one underneath between the rear wheels. its annoying the boot mat gets frayed in the corners yours isnt too bad.

Comment

yep thats on the list! gonna sort it in the next week if i can get round to it!
                shall be updating again soon have been doing a few more things!

Comment

that rust is crazy. wish i knew about it when i did my rear speakers, i would have emptied a can of fish oil in there. Also noticed you have heaps of sound deadening under your rear seats. unlucky... lol

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

yeah the uks come with a little more sound deadening not that in weight or sound is it noticeable though u guys get the amrican spec integras though dont u which i believe have less power! now that sucks why they did that i dont know!

Comment

We didn't get american spec cars in Aus. Our cars are much the same as your cars, minus the rear foglight. Momo steering wheel standard here, is that the case for UK spec?

Our B18C7 is 11.1:1 compression, same as your B18C6, USDM B18C5 is 10.6:1.
                      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

yeah, US got screwed, seems JPN thought their fuel was too dodgy...
                        ... retired/

Comment

^ QFT
                          91 octane suxorz!

Comment

usdm dc2r seems to be a much softer version. They have an ugly steering wheel and the seats are completely different, because most americans are over weight and they like comfortable cars, hence the center arm rest too.

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

hahahaha yep gotta agree the americans would be way to big for the recaro seats! didnt realise they got different seats in there version though! i bet with that compression ratio they must feel alot different,america really did get screwed there makes a change them getting screwed over and not them screwing other people over

Comment

so as stated earlier when i was under the car for a little inspection i noticed the front driverside gearbox torque mount was perished so ordered some new parts:

so got the car on the ramps and got to work.

so heres the mount in question:

as u can see in this pic the rubber is actually ripping! glad i got this done sooner than better!!:

So i took the weight off the mounts via a rather large axle stand looking weight holder! (not sure of the proper name!),so i then removed the two plastic mounting screws for the plastic guarding underneath the bumper for ease of access to everything as pictured below:
                                before:

after:

This gave me alot better access to the brackets and bolts that i needed to get to with the tools required.

This is the bracket that is bolted onto the engine via three long bolts:

A few mins later and some sweet arm pumping! i got to this stage:

i removed these bolts with my fingers and loosened the bottom bolt off a bit so it gave the mounting bracket alittle space between itslef and the bolt.

Comment

Working...
                                X