my dc2 1999 project tidy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dc2 1999 project tidy

just thought i would throw up some pics of my car up here for the perving eye of the integra enthuiast! this is when i first got her home:
    will be updating this thread as i do more and more work to her have a fair few plans so keep watching!

not me in the pics!

ive had her for 7 days now,im thinking of keeping her oem if i can resist temptation(from what i hear engine mods seem pretty fruitless for the money i dont have shed loads of money to pile into this type of activity) so the project here is too start cleaning her up and doing small bits of detail work on her,and in the future am looking to do some track days so i guees a few things shall be altered!

after the 2nd day of ownership i decided a good service was in order so replaced:
    spark plugs
    leads
    fuel filter
    oil filter
    millers 5w 40
    flushed engine through a couple of times and drained until oil came out like it went in.
    this seemed to make the car run a wee bit smoother and the vtech to pull nicer through the revs.

4th day
    i began to feel a bit of vibration around 1'700-2'000 rpm,and a small blow from the exhaust, so put her on the ramps and had a wee look there was a small blow on the rear connection with a good clean and a wee tighten a the use of a small smear of gum gum the blow was iridicated! when i was there i replaced all of the exhuast rubbers but also noticed my drivers side front what i think is gearbox mount? any codes or?needs to be replaced due to a crack in the rubber.

5th day
    after looking in the engine bay noticed the strut bar ends were getting a bit rusty so have whipped the end pieces off and have now been sandblasted cleaned this with a bit of loctite to remove any residue and resprayed these graphite grey(will post some pics up)think they look quite nice now if i dont say so myself! :lol: :lol: when i took the strut off i noticed a wee bit of surface rust under the strut bar ends so will be rubbing this down and treating with rust inhibiator then spraying back to champ white can i buy this in rattle can or?

today:
    just gave her a good clean today clayed her down,used some auto glym deep shine,then a good coat of auto glym super resin polish,then finished off with some collinite 476s wax just as i finished the heavens opened!!

will get some pics up of her new shinyness when i finally get some time!!

i wish i would of taken some pics when i was doing this to do a proper update from now on i will take some as i step by step it.

cheers for reading my boring post!

so after all the clean i decided it was time to enjoy her for a little.......

then decided it was time to do more! :lol:

as promised here are the pics of my front strut bar ends now resprayed in gun metal grey:

thought they came out all right...got my new little touch upstick from honda so can rub down the small amount of rust that was on the suspension turrets and give it a nice lick of paint! can finally put the front strut brace on again soon!!

got me some new goodies from good old honda!

bought these so i can split the rear section of the exhaust and fit new bolts,springs and gasket might save these for when i fit a jdm exhaust......or will i!... :lol:

when i was there decided to get myself a new rocker cover gasket for when i get my rocker cover repainted still not sure to go with red wrinkle or white wrinkle any suggestions?on other colours or what i should go for?.....my future is in your hands!!!! :lol:

after looking under the car(inspection to make sure things where okay underneath) i noticed a rip in the rubber of the drivers side gearbox torque mount so bought the new mount and associated bits should be fitting this in the next few days and shall post some pics of this process.if this mount has gone is it probable the rest are pretty shot too or?

my favourite buy!! brand new from honda! thought these where discontinued but made him check he insisted they didnt make them anymore but hey presto there was a set in the warehouse!! wahooo probably common but thought these quite rare or not???... :? has really made the interior look alot smarter.

hope your enjoing the updates!

Comment

very nice.

good work on the floor mats. Hope it stays clean for a long time, i hate when someone with dirty shoes step into my car.
      Blaze Orange

Comment

Nice thorough build. OEM goodness Looks to be in mint condition.
        DC5S

Comment

EDM looks awesome mate,

where abouts are you from?
          ... retired/

Comment

I always wondered why the UKDM/EuDM ITR's had their decals where they are. It looks so odd compared to what I'm used to seeing.

Did Honda UK think that the Japanese had it wrong where they put them? LOL
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              EDM looks awesome mate,

where abouts are you from?
              UK I reckon.

Comment

man i want the rear fog light

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                  I always wondered why the UKDM/EuDM ITR's had their decals where they are. It looks so odd compared to what I'm used to seeing.

Did Honda UK think that the Japanese had it wrong where they put them? LOL
                  yeah that is strange lol

nice work man! keeping it clean!
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by pooface View Post
                    man i want the rear fog light

Fucking epic fail. Looks soooo shit. Similar shittyness to the AUDM S15 Rear bars.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by justinfox
                    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

To the OP, On another note, you may want to add your car and have a look around here.

http://www.integratyper.org/

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinfox
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by vuongster View Post
                        Nice thorough build. OEM goodness Looks to be in mint condition.
                        cheers yeah she is pretty clean but got a few bits to do to her to make her just right and shall be posting it all up if anyone is intrested!?!

im from the uk is this a more american dominated site or spread with peeps from loads of places?

cheers for all the replys and i shall checkout that website link cheers DC2R

seems like a good friendly site and am glad to be part of it.

Comment

so after reading around about the rear quarters rusting and the slit in the rear sill that needs blocking i decided to investigate and see what my cars quarters where looking like they look fine with no blemishes on the paint work outside hoping for a good result! fingers crossed!!! and so the stripping began!.....

and during the process found myself a small fortune!! 10 whole pence!that takes care of the money needed for a wheel refurb then!!!hahahahah

thats everything out. now lets have a look at these rear quarters!! fingers crossed!
                          drivers side!

passengers

i was quite shocked when i saw the state of both sides but looks alot worse in the pics than in real life after a bit of wire brush action alot came off to reveal mostly just surface rust i then followed up with some good old sandpaper treatment managed to actually con the missus into rubbing the passangers side down for me!! love it when a plan comes together.

so after the rub down (sorry guys have no finished rub down pics completly forgot!!!) i used genolight to treat any of the left over rust and seal the metal.
                          i ran it off to my mate at the local garage where it got completly wax oiled underneath he managed to get in the sills squirt in there did my rear quarters too after a few suttle hints! as i left all the interior out for him so he could do it for me amazing what mentinong things a hundred times can do! and also did my engine bay(not sure about this though as left a yellowy tinge and now cant make it sparkly in there!) so reckon i shall probably remove this so i can keep the bay nice and clean.
                          so got the car back a couple of hours later and began to start the task of rebuilding but decided that whilist i had taken everything out i may aswell change the rear speakers whilist i was there thinking that they had been there for 10 odd years so could do with a freshen up plus dont really wanna be ripping all the ineterior out again in a hurry.
                          so went down to my local car shop and bought these they wont set the streets alight with the sound of my pumping tunes bruv!!hahahaha but hey i think i can deal with that!

and so the fitting began out with the old...

and in with the new...

after inspecting the speakers when they where out the voicecoils where scratching a bit when the cone was pushed down so all in all a good choice to change!
                          i then refitted the trim,seatbelts,seats spare wheel boot carpet and so on and sat back with a brew and admired the work!
                          the speakers are still bedding in but the sound stage from the rear sounds much better crisper,clearer with more depth.

hope u have enjoyed the update and cheers for reading my post.
                          more to come next up is front and rear strut respraying and re fitting me thinks! bring it on!

Comment

Originally posted by chris_82 View Post
                            im from the uk is this a more american dominated site or spread with peeps from loads of places?
                            we are mostly from these places:

Attached Files
                            ... retired/

Comment

oh how i would love to live in australia planning on backpacking around australia and new zealand for a year,better keep saving!

Comment

Working...
                              X