No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also just went though the thread, great build!

It piqued my interest at the no limits night last month

Trail braking is fun, allows you to get into the corner nicely positioned and keeping weight over the front, just need to get used to the oversteer

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf View Post
      Also just went though the thread, great build!

It piqued my interest at the no limits night last month

Trail braking is fun, allows you to get into the corner nicely positioned and keeping weight over the front, just need to get used to the oversteer

Thanks Lonewolf. Will be awesome to get some more learnings especially on how to combat and correct oversteer when we push the car.

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
      Just went through the whole thread. This car is amazing Norm.
      Thanks for the kind words Nathan.

Comment

Well its been awhile since i've updated this thread. Well I've had a good holiday over christmas and new years and met up with the Vic crew and a couple of guys from Sydney. Thanks for the hospitality guys.

Well i've had to order some parts from the USA purely because of maintenance and to freshen up the car. On of the side windscreen seals actually flew off on my last track day and I've had to source the OEM part from the states through PRICEUSA as alot of the Acura Stores would not ship to australia directly. Here are some pictures below. So amongst those orders I ordered some door seals, rubber bonnet grommets and one of my side door plastics which I broke off awhile back.

Also, recieved my Toda Baffle sump which I ordered in November. Great thing about the toda baffle sump is there is an additional hole for my oil temp sensor and a removable sump in the event of cleaning (which I doubt will rarely happen). Choose this sump over a few others because of this additional feature and also the near to OEM weight it retains. The clockwise baffle sump was an additional 0.9 kg (approximate 2 pounds) and I was without a spare sump in the event I needed to sell the k20 engine. I'm sure ChargeR's thread covers the baffle sump in alot more detail than I do. But here are the pics nonetheless.

Comment

I miss you Norm.
          Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
            I miss you Norm.
            lol. You too. #nohomo

Comment

haha, when you coming again norm was a good night
              BNR34 Build [SOLD]
              APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
              Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
              NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
                haha, when you coming again norm was a good night
                Hahah. Haven't got anything planned as yet for Sydney champ. Only flying to Melb for work stuff. I'll let you know when I drop by . And your right, it was an awesome night!

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                  Hahah. Haven't got anything planned as yet for Sydney champ. Only flying to Melb for work stuff. I'll let you know when I drop by . And your right, it was an awesome night!
                  I'll try to make it next time your in SYdney.
                  ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    I'll try to make it next time your in SYdney.
                    No worries Perry!

Comment

So we are 2 months into 2014 and despite being tied up with a new job and limited track time, I thought I best use analytical data to improve my lap times. It was time to record and analyse every adjustment I make on track and see what was working and what wasn’t. This method would stop me from going on “feel”.

So here is an overview of WA’s Barbagallo Raceway. You can see two paths crossing each other. 1 is the Long track and the other is my current fastest data plot on the Short track. I will be focusing on the short track for the time being as I currently only have this data at hand. My fastest time so far holds at 1:00.70 minutes.

I have divided the Short track into 6 sections.
                      1. Turn 1 – Hair pin
                      2. Turn 2 & 3 – Through the S’s
                      3. Turn 4 – Negative camber turn
                      4. Turn 5 & 6 – Short track
                      5. Turn 7
                      6. Turn 8 – Leads to longest straight

1. Turn 1 – Hair pin

2. Turn 2 & 3 – Through the S’s

3. Turn 4 – Negative camber turn

4. Turn 5 & 6 – Short track
                      Very technical due to another small hair pin

5. Turn 7

6. Turn 8 – Leads to longest straight
                      Lastly the most important turn. This will be given the first priority as this turn leads to the longest straight.

I will be plotting each section. Here is the current plot from the data logger of Turn 8. In the coming months I will be booking a 1 on 1 session to focus on trail braking and refining my driving technique. I hope this will help educate young track goers to gain confidence not only in their car but their driving ability which can be applied for future track ventures. This diagram below is an approximate plot of my speeds. The overlay of my line to the track is abit off however the speed is quite easily determined at each point and the Track-out speed is ultimately what we want to improve. I will also stress the importance of recognising early and late apexs’ in my analysis. Keep in mind that I’m learning too and I draw from my driving experience, data and trial and error.

Last edited by Norm; 08-02-14, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Woah that's sick dude👌👌

Comment

Nice dude, sorry I haven't been around in awhile. Had stuff to deal with, can't wait to see your car, haven't seen it since Tokyo Motorsport haha

Comment

Excellent post Norm!
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

you're probably also braking too early, its the classic mistake that most people make at that turn - dont blame them as the sand trap/wall is scary!
                              Be good to watch how you improve, i'm on a similar learning curve with my honda

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf View Post
                                you're probably also braking too early, its the classic mistake that most people make at that turn - dont blame them as the sand trap/wall is scary!
                                Be good to watch how you improve, i'm on a similar learning curve with my honda
                                The only way to tell whether I'm braking too early is to see my next comparison laps. If I brake later I technically will need to take a later apex and the turn out radius should be reduced. It ultimately is all about maximizing the turn in radius and turn out radius. But I do agree, the pitlane wall is quite daunting.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                                Excellent post Norm!
                                Cheers boss.

Originally posted by type sss View Post
                                Nice dude, sorry I haven't been around in awhile. Had stuff to deal with, can't wait to see your car, haven't seen it since Tokyo Motorsport haha
                                Cheers dude. I haven't really taken the car out and about. Been tied up lately with work.

Another Update. My new rims are on their way from Japan by boat. My new tyres and shoes have arrived.

255/40/17 - Fronts
                                225/45-17 - Rears. I was hoping they had the 235's in stock but this should do the trick.

The new shoes I got are the OMP One Evo Formula Race Boots. The are definitely really light and will report back on the feel difference in comparison to my usual converse shoes haha.

Brief description taken from Demon Tweaks:

The One Evo Formula from OMP is a mid-cut professional race boot constructed from an ultra-light kangaroo leather and fabric. An ultra-thin sole is featuring a new foot support with nylon reinforcement to reduce stress and provide increased driver sensitivity and feel on the pedals. A lace and Velcro strap closure provide a secure and comfortable fit.

FIA 8856-2000 Approved

Comment

Working...
                                X