No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks amazing and mint, good job norm, cant wait to see finished product! defs looking forward to it
    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
    NSEX

Comment

just wow!! car is sex all over! lol
      sigpic

Comment

Good meeting you yesterday Norm, hope to see you and your DC5 in Melb someday soon, haha. Keep up the good work!
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
          Good meeting you yesterday Norm, hope to see you and your DC5 in Melb someday soon, haha. Keep up the good work!
          I agree with this great man.

Thanks for the advice Norm. Good luck for your interview!

Comment

Good shots Norm, Car is looking really good, it's almost there by the looks of it!

Comment

Thanks guys! Car is definitely almost there. Car is at home and just undergoing some last touch ups like replacing the trim, exhaust, sound deadening and re-torque of all bolts. I did encounter a problem when I attempted to the start the car. The car wouldn't start up which I thought was unusual. On closer inspection, my 100amp starter fuse in the fuse box blew. So i'm just waiting on a new fuse. I swapped a fuse from Dad's CRV and the car started up fine. The exhaust I must say sounds nice and quiet on idle but quite loud on throttle. Will measure the dB and post up a video once i'm done. Weigh'd the exhaust and the weight came out to 8 kg's. The B pipe was rediculously light coming to a 3kg weight whilst the muffler came to 5 kg, which in comparison to the mugen twinloop a vast difference of almost 4kg difference in just muffler alone.

Sound deadening wise, just cleaned up the sealant with my hands (with gloves) and remainder residue with a standard repco solvent wax & grease cleaner. This solvent cleaner is to make sure the surface is prep'd for maximum adhesion for the Dynamat Extreme. We've just completed half the door and the sound on closing is vastly more solid than before.

I need to safety wire lock these nuts. I wouldn't want them falling out even though their torsion screws i think?

The Amuse R1 Titan Extra sitting beautifully.

See the gap in between the middle. Discontinuity they call it.

Just started on the left door.
              Last edited by Norm; 22-06-13, 03:37 PM.

Comment

wow. Car is amazing. Would love to see this car in person. Would of loved to see how the mugen wing looked on it
                sigpic

Comment

Lookin good Norm,,
                  love the white Brembo's
                  sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Those nuts shouldn't ever come lose. There Nyloc nuts mate.
                    Looks great the car.

Comment

Looking great Norm. Good luck keeping the brembo's white!
                      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Amazing work, loving the car, keep up the good work
                        BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                        APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                        Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                        NSEX

Comment

It was good to meet you today Norm and see your car's progress, Thanks again for helping out!

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                            wow. Car is amazing. Would love to see this car in person. Would of loved to see how the mugen wing looked on it
                            Yeh, shame we sold it before we could see how it looked.

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
                            Lookin good Norm,,
                            love the white Brembo's
                            Thanks dude. plaything (Alex) did once upon a time tell me to get white brembos.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                            Those nuts shouldn't ever come lose. There Nyloc nuts mate.
                            Looks great the car.
                            Cheers for pointing that out dude! Lets hope it never comes loose.

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                            Looking great Norm. Good luck keeping the brembo's white!
                            The brembos will be black by the time we finish a track day :P

Originally posted by wongy View Post
                            Amazing work, loving the car, keep up the good work
                            Thanks dude!

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
                            It was good to meet you today Norm and see your car's progress, Thanks again for helping out!
                            Was good meeting you Jacob. Get your spark plugs and fuel filter changed and you should see a difference. Once I get some more time in 2-3 weeks time I can help you with changing your fluids!

Meanwhile just some progress pics of the sound deadening process on the doors. All I can say is its a tedious process and make sure you wear gloves and long sleeves. The doors are sharp and the aluminium sheets on the sound deadening are sharp after cutting as well.

So, for people who want to know the difference between a blown start fuse to a not blown start fuse. Here is the difference.

Also, here are the items I used to clean the doors including the adhesive OEM white sealant behind the plastic. Just a wax and grease remover that doesn't leave any residue behind. Degreasers don't evaporate well and leave a liquid residue.

As can be seen post removal of the plastic sheet.

The left door after sound deadening, inner layer and outer layer.

Comment

oh dynamatt goodness!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Just some photos from yesterdays JDMWA meet.

Interior was abit dusty. Didn't get a chance to clean it.

Comment

Working...
                                X