Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good! i vote keep stock itr wing!
    Birthdays were the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirst-ay.

Comment

cant wait to see end result.

Comment

No major updates when I went to see the car on Thursday. Just dropped off some 05-06 bulbs and sockets for the taillights.

Norm

Comment

Progress... progress. Its taking awhile but we'll hopefully get the car back next week. It will remain panda looking until August. However great news! The fibreglass on the front fenders and rear panel passes engineering eyes! The engineer even said that cutting the rear fender panel would still comply. So i'll hopefully get some pics up in the next couple of days of them cutting and stitching the rear. Only problem that we'll have is that the rear quarter panel that will be attached to the rear bumper. Rear bumper is plastic, and plastic has a degree of oil in it. Fibreglass doesn't entirely like oil. So the bonding is going to be interesting. But nonetheless its in the best hands that it could be!

The joys of getting everything perfect!

Norm

Comment

looking good Norm, but whats with all this fibre glassing, filling and sanding business? Would have thought the buddyclub kit to be very high quality from the box and ready for paint?

Comment

When kits travel from a very long distance. Under pressure and heat, fibreglass + carbon fibre do warp to a certain degree. The kit is very high quality, only problem is, like with all kits, they aren't 100% fit all the time! And this fit worsens for replica and lower quality ones as well. I wish it was that easy of a fit Stevan, definitely would save me the money.

Norm

Comment

That makes sense Norm cheers for the explanation, i wish for your wallet this was the case as well! Everyone is looking forward to the end product

Btw, have you considered what wheels you will be buying to fill those exceptionally large wheel arches ?

Comment

Great progress Norm!

Yeah interested to see what wheels you're going to choose.
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

taking shape

Comment

Wow, looks like a massive build Norman!

Never thought, or heard of genuine kits needing this much work just to be fitted. I mean thats the point of buying genuine products. Perfect fitment everytime.

Any hint on the wheels you be getting?
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Genuine or non-genuine, all would require some degree of work. The difference here is the structure and material they have used. There are certain bodykits which are made of low quality material or plastic. This allows for too much flex in certain areas. Front fenders is an example where flexing would disallow an engineering certification. You'll know what I mean if you see Good kits in comparison to replica or sub-standard ones. Even the thickness of material and compound is important. In this case, I believe that the material used to construct my kit is not doubt of high quality.

In regards to the wheels. One hint "VR"

Norm
                        Last edited by Norm; 17-05-12, 11:43 PM.

Comment

commodore VR wheels
                          Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                          Flickr
                          my car blog - Have a read
                          my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

loves it

Comment

Just visited the Beyond Custom. Took some phone quality pictures of the car and its progress. Coming along quite nicely. Hopefully i'll be able to get the car back end of this week. In the meantime enjoy!

They have cut the fuel cap to make it flush when opening. Opted to do this instead of cutting the flares which looks a little bit tacky.

Norm

Comment

Ohhh moulding the rear flares! Never seen this done before

Comment

Working...
                                X