No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed my RRC intake manifold. The idle is hectic at the moment. Going to take the ECU out and send it over to get Kpro'd in the meantime. Also coilovers are in along with the rest of the stuff ie. Todds modified tie rods, hardrace camber arms and ingalls bolts. Gonna sort out the alignment stuff in the next couple of weeks too. Excited for 24th of June to see the car get tuned. I'll put up some pics of my engine bay once I get hold of my camera! By the way, the hectic idle should go away once the tune has been done right?

Norm

Comment

And the NRG hood dampers to give the front abit more space for the RRC intake manifold!

And the ECU is off to be kpro'd!...excuse the not so good camera quality photos.

Also here are some pics of a tuning day a friend organised last week. Hopefully my car will be ready for the next lot of tuning.

Last edited by Norm; 03-06-11, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Norm

Which club was the tuning day a part of ?

Comment

I believe it was just a group of friends. I just went along to look as my car wasn't ready. It was held at the RAC skidpan and track.

Comment

I think i've been there before with my car. Its near the international airport right?

Comment

Yeh. its not a long track. But for new people its a good way to learn their lines, and just basic stuff just about the car.

Comment

After doing abit of research whilst my ECU is away. I've come across this.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81943&page=5

Re: Hybrid Racing 70mm TB Surging Solution!!!
                Okay Guys here is the solution. So after all of your advice and suggestions, i decided that this could not be a mechanical issue as i was so sure i had no vacuum leaks etc. So i decided to re-upload my calibration and start fresh.

VIDEO of SUCESS FINALLY!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kT6Y10gKQ4

1. I Opened Kmanager and Erased the ECU(Cleared Security)

2. I re-uploaded my calibration.

3. I went into Parameters, chose the IDLE tab and kept sliding my "Idle Valve Duty Cycle Adjustment" to the left until the surging of the RPMS stopped.(So i would slide it left twice, save the calibration, then upload it, then repeat the process as necessary.

4. I also lowered the idle speed by 100rpms(from 950rpm to 850rpm)

I dont know why the KPRO ECU wouldnt make any changes when i adjusted the idle slider before. I just thought about how thorough i had been when installing this TB and how i followed all the advice given to me as clear as i could. So clearing the ECU and re-uploading the calibration freshly has allowed the IVDCA slider to become effective. Thus solving this issue.

So the moral of this story is: if all else fails erase the kpro ecu and start fresh!

Thanks for all your assistance!!(i would be specific but i wouldnt want to leave anyone out!)

Essentially the whole thread talks about how to detect leaks and trouble shooting to help this guy out. I'm glad this person had the same problem as me and I hope when I get my kpro I can sort out this surging idle before getting it tuned. Either that I have a leak somewhere haha!

Norm

Comment

Just got a few packages within the past week. Gonna hopefully get the ECU back by mid next week, and get a custom bracket made up to accommodate the J's Racing oil catch can and Odyssey battery. Wont be touching the drivetrain components (exedy clutch and flywheel) untill i've gotten my 5.1 FD which might need to wait a month of two as i'm tied up with house stuff atm.

Comment

Norm
                    Just curious why you went for the oil catch can ?
                    Also the odyssey battery, which model is it, how much was it and where did you get it from ?

Rod

Comment

No particular reason. Just liked the design and placement of it next to the battery. I'll pm you where I bought my battery from, and the details.

Comment

Nice mods Norm, will that oil catch can and the slimness of the Oddessy battery fit on the oem battery tray?

Also what are the plans for your car? solely a street car? or something else?
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Might just keep it as a street car and occasional track/tuning day car. I have bigger plans in my life now . Also just picked this up today from DHL. God I love express shipment, takes only 1 day keke.

Noticable without the tune, the RRC intake manifold puts on alot more grunt in the top end. I dont feel the kick in vtec anymore though. But we'll soon see with the tune how we'll go. Gotta take the car on monday to sort out the weird idle still.

Norm

Comment

Yeh. I lost my vtec kick last time too....lol

Want me to give u my map from last time??

Had spoon tb, rbc, Toda header n js 60rs, gruppe m.....

Comment

Yeh sure why not. Thanks! At least I can see how it feels for 2 weeks untill the proper tune.

Comment

Ok. So i've decided to sort out this idle surge/hunting business myself. After talking with a friend and Joel from Driven performance I decided something wasn't quite adding up. So I decided to take the throttle body parts apart.

• The TB gasket IACV gap wasn't big enough, so I made it a little larger to match the IACV modification on the RRC.
                                • The size of the bore of the RRC intake manifold is slightly larger than the 70mm P2R gasket.
                                • IACV was dirt, after being told by my mechanic he cleaned it before he put it on. Surprisingly its dirty now.

Also gave me an opportunity to tweak the butterfly plate. Gonna see whether I can seal it up completely but adding some adhesive stuff, either that or i'm going to completely delete the IACV hole but turning the unit around and just have the car register the idle through a adjusted opening in the throttle plate. But here are the parts and whats been happening. Tuning in 8 days, gotta get this stuff sorted.

Before

After - Might still need to be slightly larger.

Ignore the blue marker pen marks. Just checking whether it all port matched.

Norm

Comment

Working...
                                X