Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year everybody! Looking into mods already for 2011

I need some advice or input to this RRC intake manifold. I plan to get this package from
    http://allversionperformance.com/11-...d-package.html. I wanted to ask, what does the blueprint CNC machine ported actually mean? It is some specific porting method/design?

If someone could give me some advice on this before i purchase it, like the do's and do nots that would be great!

Meantime, Car is with the mechs to get the brembo conversion done. Still awaiting on PCI's and Toda headers. I can only assume its the holiday season and postage is on delay.

Comment

Those toda headers are taking their sweet ass time .

I though to fit rrc ibto dc5, requires sone cutting of radiaotor supoort? Anyways i will stay tuned on what you do for a new intake manifolld as rrc ia found o be te best
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Shane has been in contact with me from allversionperformance.com and I can say he is one patient man with my questions. And so I have gone ahead with the RRC package. Just put through the order and paid for the following.

RRC Intake manifold ported to 74mm and modified to suit K20A2 head.
        Intake manifold gasket P2R - Same material as Hondata but not as pricey. And requires no extra drilling.
        Necessary Intake air bypass control thermal valve hose
        TB - 74mm Hybrid-racing
        TB gasket - Provided by hybrid-racing molded to 74mm port.

So lets wait for it to come. Next .......we need something to tune it with mhmh...

Comment

PCI's arrived! Hooray! just in time to get it into the JDM LCA's and finish our brembo conversion! Picking car up late tomorrow or the following day!

Comment

Great that they finally turned up! Apologies again on behalf of myself and Jeff at SPMS for how long it took. I look forward to your impressions once you get all your new gear in, the car should be transformed.

Comment

Thanks Tom for organising the group buy. At least yours came before the toda parts haha :P. Much appreciated btw.

Comment

Here are some photoshoots. Enjoy. Didn't get a chance to take pictures of brembo's however will try to this coming week. In the meantime I hope you dont have dialup. Unfortunately the image size allowed on this forum is limited. However will attempt to make the first one a calender for ozhonda.com

Last edited by Norm; 02-03-11, 11:22 PM.

Comment

hey bro, u still rolling the mugen headers? or have you gotten your toda?
                  bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

I'm waiting on my refund from Toda. I'll be running the mugen headers and i'll try to get the cat replaced once I get the money from Toda. In the meantime got a nice package today. Upload pics in a tick!

My RRC intake manifold has arrived from http://www.allversionperformance.com/. Thanks Shane!
                    Ported to 70mm to match TB
                    with a Hybrid 70mm TB
                    With P2R thermal gaskets for TB and intake manifold
                    IACV modified for K20's

Next on the mod list, Kpro ECU. I'm not sure whether I should go through with camshafts, valve springs, retainers, HD chain and chain tensioner. I'm not sure whether
                    money spent on those internals will be more beneficial if i spent it on final drive, clutch and flywheel. Definitely need some advice on this.

Norm
                    Last edited by Norm; 02-03-11, 11:24 PM.

Comment

nice package hohoho, and id go with final drive clutch and flywheel
                      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

that RRc definitely wont see its full potenial without a tune but i would get the drivetrain right first before adding more power. At least your car has an lsd haha

btw get that RRC polished

Comment

yea great idea... polish it up, would look so damn sick... seen alot of it on crsx and their awesome bling engine bays. and then get a polished blue rocker cover? LOL
                          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

wouldnt mind a polished part in the engine bay - but the cost of doing so isnt worth it in my opinion.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

especially after spending about 1K on a throttle body and IM May as well go all the way though hehe

Comment

I guess your right Steve, just that how oftne are u going to open your bonnet right?
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X