No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good choice. I very much doubt the need for 650. 600 is more than enough for our cars in my opinion. I have been using this since my first track day and have not looked back. My other recommendation would be braided lines and decent pads. But I am sure that is already sorted out
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
      Good choice. I very much doubt the need for 650. 600 is more than enough for our cars in my opinion. I have been using this since my first track day and have not looked back. My other recommendation would be braided lines and decent pads. But I am sure that is already sorted out
      Awesomeness. Will try it out and see how we go.

In the meantime...progress! . I've chosen the VHT Flameproof primer which can withstand temps up to 1035C. SP-118 is the code.

Reminds me of a pair of white nike shoes just hanging off their shoe laces to dry.

Comment

Norman, are u leabing them white and red brembo lettering? Thats fuking hot! And unique. Really liking it. Never seen white clappers before. Should be nice and unique
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Rofl. Wasn't thinking about leaving them white, but the thought did come in my mind at one time haha. This coat is just the primer. Not sure whether I really should leave it white haha. Black car, with bronze rims and white calipers. Mhmhm. Dont think it would go too well haha. If i had black rims then hey..maybe?

Comment

Please dpnt go red. Since u primered it. Choose a dark colour to retain attention on ir bronze wheels... I would peave then white with red brembo lettering
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Like this? hahah....wouldn't mind it to be honest. Means I have to do more work to paint strip the rear calipers and then I need to go search for some black ce28n's...

Comment

white will probably turn grimey gray after a few hard stops though
                brake dust is the enemy of anything white!

Comment

Well spoken. I think i'll just stick with repainting them red. Less trouble taking the rears apart and paint stripping them again. Plus we've already got the paint. Off to the local vinyl sign writer maker to get some stencils made!

Comment

Stencils are made up. The calipers were definetly needing the bake in the oven as the primer was not 100% sticking to the metal. So once the bake was done it was all nice and cured. Now to the painting!

Comment

Originally posted by lukits01 View Post
                      white will probably turn grimey gray after a few hard stops though
                      brake dust is the enemy of anything white!
                      Good point mate, however it is definately unique, and if i could have the change in getting white calipers. I'd seriously take my wheels off every weekend and clean them calipers to make sure they stay white. I remember when i had my EP3R wheels in white, i cleaned them thrice a week ;p

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                      Well spoken. I think i'll just stick with repainting them red. Less trouble taking the rears apart and paint stripping them again. Plus we've already got the paint. Off to the local vinyl sign writer maker to get some stencils made!
                      Cmonnn, be unique!
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Mhmhm. I stuffed up abit on the paint job side. But they've turned out better than cracked and peeled calipers. Overall satisfaction 8/10. But hey...keep in mind it is a DIY, and whats the worst case scenario? just get them sandblasted and re-do them? or worst sent them back to Jap to get an overhaul done. Apparently only $90 (excluding fees, charges, postage)

Comment

Parts arriving - Cusco front sway bar. Ignore the tyres below. We're ..like --> this close to putting everything on but we'll have to wait for the PCI's first. Hopefully within two weeks we'll be done. And then we'll move on to toda flywheel and exedy clutch! Btw, the mugen headers will be up on the market soon along with the ep3 sway bar and OEM sway bar and alot of other bits and piece like AUS LCA's and front brakes and rear brakes etc blah blah.

Comment

It is time to change.

Comment

yo i found a very good spot for taking night pictures ..... INTERESTED ......
                              THis msg includs all WA member hahahahhaa .........
                              Soichiro Honda says :" If Honda does not race ,there is no Honda"

Comment

Always interested - only problem ids which car to take!

Comment

Working...
                                X