No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im guessing Mugen dont make an LSD eh? haha....is the exedy too harsh for daily?..

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
      Im guessing Mugen dont make an LSD eh? haha....is the exedy too harsh for daily?..
      Yes they do

Comment

Norm,
        If you're thinking about getting an LSD for your DC5, I strongly recommend Cusco either 1.5way LSD or 1way LSD depending on your handling preference. If you don't intend to track your car don't waste money on changing your existing and already very good LSD.
        If you want to track your car I'd first take time to see how your car feels around a circuit. If you experience a lot of understeer (I presume you won't with the tyre size you have) then get a 1way LSD. Btw 1.5way LSD on a DC5 will tend to give you a little more oversteer so keep that in mind. Some people prefer to handle oversteer rather than understeer. I am the latter.

Not everyone likes the sound of an LSD, it rattles and makes weird metalic sounds. It might drive you crazy on the streets if your car is mainly for street use. Keep that in mind.

I always recommend for people to learn their car the way it is before upgrading. It is hard to form a baseline without something to compare against.

If you're interested in getting an LSD email me, I might be able to get you a very good deal.

----------------
        http://racingInAustralia.blogspot.com

Comment

^ very informative and well put. Love how you said DEPENDING on his preference get this or this rather then BAM get this and only this because jesus said so.
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

out of curiosity hows does the spoon lsd go in terms of driveablilty? is it noisy and is it the type of lsd that locks and unlocks continuously at low speed making slow driving a pain?

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
              out of curiosity hows does the spoon lsd go in terms of driveablilty? is it noisy and is it the type of lsd that locks and unlocks continuously at low speed making slow driving a pain?
              You have to warm it up a bit when you start driving. It makes quite a bit of noise. But once warmed up, you won't hear it anymore.

Comment

Update: Just as a minor update. Since i've installed the EP3 Sway bar to clear the mugen headers, i've also changed the rear Aus OEM Sway Bar (19mm off memory) to the JDM Sway Bar (22mm). This is only a minor change as future might include changing both the sway bars to cusco 25mm.

Awaiting: Mugen Mounts
                Next Mod: Hoping Mugen BBK.

Comment

hey man, regarding the header.. cant u just attach another CAT to it and remove the current one?
                  bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

yeh i could.. but that would screw up the bolting pattern that was initially meant to be where the original mugen cat was. And plus how on earth am i suppose to resell the darn headers next time?...i can't possible say "FS - Mugen Headers + Welded Cat". lol.....

Comment

huh i thought u can just reweld another CAT in its position.. would it really screw up the bolting pattern?

and i guess a mugen header + custom cat is better than a mugen header + broken cat =/
                      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

well...here hows it is. The header is joined to the cat with 2 bolts. Then the cat is joined to the exhaust pipe with 3 bolts. If i weld the cat on wouldn't it ruin the bolts including the exhaust pipe? plus the guy said he'd refund the money back, but thats only saying until I see the money in my bank.

Comment

oh i see.. fair enough well as long as u get ur money back then its all good =]
                          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Just purchased brand new Toda headers. Hopefully will be ariving in 5-7 days time. The mugen mounts are already on the transit from sydney to perth. Hopefully i'll be able to post up some pics of the whole engine mount changing process.

Also currently doing a DIY to the OEM cowel top on the passanger side where the GruppeM sits. Gonna do it like the ClubRSX.com, but i'm improvising using a layer or fibre glass and then heavy duty filler along with some silicone to seal the edges and sand it down and paint it black. Will post up some pics when i'm done.

Comment

Mugen Mounts finally arrived!

The DIY on the OEM cowel top might have to be stopped haha. I think i'll just take the GruppeM cowel top and just sand a few mm's back. Now i'm just waiting on those toda headers so I can get a snappy with them next to the mugen ones.

Also ordered some ultra racing lower side reinforcement arms. Think of getting a front lower arm bar....tanabe maybe? or should I just go with ultra racing as they appear to be ticker?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TANABE-LOWER-...ts_Accessories

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ULTRA-RACING-...ts_Accessories

The issue i need to take into consideration as well is just whether will there be more scraping with the ultra racing one?

Comment

Mugen Mounts finally arrived!

The DIY on the OEM cowel top might have to be stopped haha. I think i'll just take the GruppeM cowel top and just sand a few mm's back. Now i'm just waiting on those toda headers so I can get a snappy with them next to the mugen ones.

Also ordered some ultra racing lower side reinforcement arms. Think of getting a front lower arm bar....tanabe maybe? or should I just go with ultra racing as they appear to be ticker?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TANABE-LOWER-...ts_Accessories

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ULTRA-RACING-...ts_Accessories

The issue i need to take into consideration as well is just whether will there be more scraping with the ultra racing one?
                                how much were the mugen mounts delivered ?

Comment

Working...
                                X