DC2 K24 w/ JRSC Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2 K24 w/ JRSC Build

Thought i'd start a thread on my track car build.

I originally planned on using my 1997 EK Civic Cxi for my track car build, however after much consideration I decided to switch platform to an Integra DC2. The opportunity came up to make the switch when I stumbled into Marc's BADHBT DC2 Rolling Shell being for sale. After a few phone calls and inspection, we were shaking hands and agreed to make the deal a few weeks later as I had to sell my Civic. Marc being the great guy that he was, he was very accommodating and very helpful. A few weeks have passed and the car was towed to my mechanics.

The dc2 platform was well taken care of and the history was well documented here in the forum. The selling point for me was that it is has had a K series engine in the past, meaning the Hasport engine mounts and shifter cables came with the sale. Also, the car was equipped with a full 6 point roll cage plus a crucifix which would be perfect for the track. Other bonuses with the car was that it was freshly painted in Orange, not my colour of choice but its growing on me; Type R front end conversion with HID Headlights, Type R interior and a Spoon Carbon Fibre Bonnet.

Here are some pics of the car courtesy of Marcs for sale post.

Stay tuned more to follow...
    Attached Files

Good to see this car in the works again! My cousin saw this at GPC today. Can't wait to see the progress.
    DC5S

Comment

There have been some trial and errors with the car. First was trial fitting the FN2R Civic Type R Alcantara seats on a DC2 rails and fitting in the car. Shortly after, we realized that the roll cage is too close to towards my forehead as the seats sits higher than I would’ve liked. I like racing but I like my head better so the seats have to go. So, if anyone wants to buy FN2R Type R seats, let me know. So, back to the drawing board in finding a fixed bucket seats to solve the head clearance problem with the roll cage. Second error was modifying an Apexi N1 Coilovers suited for an EK Civic to fit in the DC2, however this was not suitable also. So a set of Ohlins crossover has been ordered to rectify this problem. Third was trying to fit my 18 x 8.5” Work XD9’s from the DC5 with an offset of +45. This was not suitable as the wheels are too wide and will pose clearance and rubbing problems. So, these are for sale as well and am in the hunt for a more suitable set of lightweight rims.

Now for the running gear...I decided on a K24 platform as this is the same running gear on my daily driver DC5. Im extremely happy with the lower end torque; (you can actually drive the car with just your big toe just dabbing the accelerator haha), and the great top end power band.

The motor was from a low mileage 2007 Accord Euro with less than 30,000km. The Block was prepped to accommodate Carrillo Pro Racing Rods with 87.5mm CP pistons with an 11.5:1 compression. The lower compression pistons was chosen to suit the intended supercharge applications. The head was sent away for porting and polishing and when it came back, the 1mm oversized Skunk2 valves were installed with the pro series valve springs and titanium retainers along with the Spoon cams.

The gearbox was from a 2007 Type R with the LSD removed and replaced with a Quaife LSD and Spoon final Gear.

The Jackson Racing supercharger was purchased from America and has been since installed into the engine ready to be mounted on the engine bay. We have two pulleys to play with a 4.4” or a 4”; we will determine which provides the best overall power and performance. This will be decided at the tuning stage.

The engine is about to go in so here are pics of the car and the K24 engine with the JRSC supercharger mounted on.
      Attached Files

Comment

BALLER!!!!

ps i like tis thread

Comment

Great cant wait to see the results

Any reason why the jackson racing kit and not one of Kraftwerks Rotrex S/C kit?
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
            Great cant wait to see the results

Any reason why the jackson racing kit and not one of Kraftwerks Rotrex S/C kit?
            Well, the Rotrex would have been a better option as its far more efficient in making power at higher RPM's but the JRSC came up at an irresistable price. So, I might consider the Rotrex at a later stage for an upgrade.

Comment

Ohhh Mr Charlies workshop nice build!!!!
              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

GPC...

Good luck with the build, baller.
                Backyard Special.

Comment

engines in..will upload pics tomorrow.

Comment

Mmmm good to see something happening with this DC2 finally.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by justinfox
                    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

exciting build! looking forward to see how this progresses
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

looking great.............good luck with it all......
                        my sale thread 21.01.12
                        CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Here are the pictures with the engine mounted.
                          Driveshafts are in and the Calsonic radiator being mounted.
                          The R-Crew manifold has received a thermal wrap...looks wicked!
                          Attached Files

Comment

whoa yeah!

what's next man?
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                              whoa yeah!

what's next man?
                              Once the Radiator is in position, the piping will have to follow.
                              The oil cooler will also have to be mounted in front of the radiator then all the electrical wiring, hopefully have the engine turning by the weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X